UPS Delivered My iPhone's plus a Strangers Phone!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doxielover, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

UPS finally got here at 9:30 PM last night the driver was old, hot and sweating. I gave him a bottled water. He said he was helping the other driver because they were swamped. He asked me to sign and handed me four boxes. I thought good they must had shipped the one I bought for my brother early that was delayed. I went in the kitchen, turned on lights and noticed he gave me someone's Iphone 6s plus. The guy lives in a city about 45 min away. I am really freaked out having someone's iPhone. My three were correct. I called 5 min after for UPS to come get it 800 number said not until mon. I checked the tracking online from his box. It shows delivered to my name and city. I called Apple and asked if I should take it to Police dept. I told her I was nervous about having his property here. They said not to worry. Yeah right. I bet the guy is freaked out seeing his Iphone delivered to me.

I am beyond frustrated. I called UPS again this morning sat online waiting for a sup almost an hour to see if I could drop it off at the UPS store around the corner as I work Mon-Fri. She said no it had to be picked up from my house since it was tracked and signed as delivered here. I told her I work Mon-Fri. She said was going to try to send a driver today Sat. I have to leave to my Nieces birthday party in an hour.

Any advice???. I just don't know what the heck to do if he doesn't come in time. Apple said the guy has called them looking for it but they are going to take care of it. She wouldn't tell what that meant. She said I would receive an email. I've revived nothing.

I haven't even been able to enjoy my own iPhone being on calls to UPS and Apple since yesterday. I thought about driving it out to the person 45 min away but UPS said no because it would still show as delivered to me and he could say I never gave it to him

I'm tired and frustrated being passed around on the phone with these people. Anyway, I have to leave in an hour and work all week. Hopefully he will be here but if not what should I do???

2. chrfr macrumors 603

Do what UPS says. They're responsible for getting it where it needs to go, so follow their procedures and you'll have nothing to worry about.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Look the recipient up on Facebook or Twitter, and see if you can make contact.

4. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

Pour yourself a beer and chill. Everything's gonna be ok.

5. tuukka87 macrumors regular

tuukka87

6. iVegas macrumors 6502

iVegas

You've done your part. Let Apple and UPS figure it out. I second the beer and enjoy your new phone.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why are you freaked out, nervous and frustrated?
    You didn't do anything. It's just a simple mistake that happens sometimes. Ups will make arrangements to fix this error.
    You just gotta call them. It's not the end of the world. Breath.
    And if you're still anxious seek professional help if this is a repeat psych issue.

8. bidwalj macrumors 65816

You did your part and called ups and Apple. It's. It your mistake. Just let them deal with it. Why make it your own worry, not like you did anything

9. doxielover, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015

doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

I did look the person up on FB and told Apple and UPS I think I might have found him. They said "no "no "no because through message they can see my personal profile. Not safe. Ugh. APPLE said they would let him know. I asked how were they going to call him? She said no they would email him.

When I talked to sup at UPS he said they were going to try and send a driver out I asked would he get his phone tomorrow he said it would go back to the shipper. UPS sucks. I would leave it by my door when I go to the party but what if someone steals it. He said driver would not give a receipt only track it in his handheld.

My concern is if they don't come today before I leave I work all week and my work hours are during UPS hours.

Because If I put myself in the guys shoes if I looked and saw my preorder launch phone was delivered to someone else in another city I would be upset.

10. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

Message the dude and meet him in a safe location so he can get his phone.

11. brianjsw macrumors member

First, let me say that if UPS ever delivers my package to somebody else I hope it's you! Second yah feel sorry for the guy waiting for his phone. It'll sort out, just enjoy your phone you seem a a good person and life is too short to worry about things you have no control over.

12. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

Both UPS and Apple said not to do that because he can go back and claim he never got it because the tracking would stay the same.

The easiest thing would have dropped off at UPS. But the manager couldn't accept a screwup. They would need to retrieve it.

I almost feel like I should take the day off tomorrow unpaid. If he doesn't show today.

13. Wise87, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015

Wise87 macrumors 6502

I would just relax and go about your business. You are making this into more than what it is. You contacted Apple and UPS, let them contact the other person and they will set up a pickup or a drop-off for you on Monday. Why are you so paranoid? These things happen and I'm sure the other person called UPS already and they told them what happened. Give it a rest and enjoy your weekend. Also what is taking unpaid day off on Sunday going to solve? UPS doesn't work on Sundays.

14. stulaw11 Suspended

Yeh that makes no sense. If you work how can they expect you to sit around for them to pick up their mistake? I dont get why a UPS store couldn't accept it and UPS get it from there and redeliver or get it to a UPS store by the other guy to sign for and pick up there.

15. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

I think this advice may be in order OP.

16. Applejuiced, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Again, mistakes like this happen.
    All you can do is do your part. Contact UPS and return it.
    Its not your job or place to go find this guy.
    If you go and meet this guy and give it to him the shipping info still shows it was delivered to your address and signed by you.
    The other guy can then claim he never got it from you and that you are lying and just kept it.
    Don't contact anyone besides ups or Apple. Its not your place to deliver the package or fix their mistakes.

17. doxielover, Sep 26, 2015

doxielover

The problem is I have to take a day off with no pay if I decide to do so. They need me at work so they may say no. UPS hub is very far away. The ups store is close but they said it can only be picked up.

I stress over everything. Lol

Should I just leave a note on the door that sorry I have to leave?

Your probably right. Lol

18. Wise87 macrumors 6502

See if you can leave it with a trusted neighbor and leave a note for UPS person on your door. Otherwise I would just call UPS 1-800 and tell them they either pick it up at your work on Monday or allow you to drop it off at a UPS store.

19. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

20. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

Honestly, taking a day off of work because of this? Hell no.

21. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

you would think wouldn't ya? It has something to do with there tracking logs since it say delivered at this address it has to be picked up from this address. Totally stupid.

Everyone's right. I'm not going to stress over this. Apple said if he some how shows up at my door don't give it to him.

Do you think they sent him another one?? She said it was being taken care of.

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:)
    That explains the overreaction over this incident then.

23. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

No, no, no.

You tell them when you are normally home, and that they can come get it then.

This is THEIR mistake, not yours, and you have gone over and above the call of duty already.

The intended recipient will be satisfied (or not) by Apple and UPS - don't worry about him.

It's their burden to recover the item, not your burden to take a day off.

24. doxielover, Sep 26, 2015

doxielover

Neighbors work. I tried that about picking up from work. . Has to be from this address because of their GPS tracking.

I've never in my life as much as I've ordered got someone's package. :(

Only reg usps mail which I then just give it back to postman. My biggest mistake was when I signed. I should have looked at each box but it was dark. He was panting because it was so hot so I ran and got him bottled water. Too busy talking. :(

25. Wise87, Sep 26, 2015

Wise87 macrumors 6502

I'm sure they will take care of the other person. In the meantime carry on with your life and when UPS gets there act together then arrangements can be made. Unless you contact the other person I seriously doubt he will show up at your doorstep. Even with the jacked up tracking information it's most likely not going to show a location on his end on the physical location of the phone at your home. It will just show delivered.

Since UPS made a mistake then they need to pick it up before you go to work or after you get off work. It's not your responsibility for their screwup. You notified them and Apple so let them work it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.