UPS guy showed up with my "phone" tonight- -delivered empty box

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nealric, Oct 17, 2011.

1. nealric macrumors member

Shipping box had an iphone box inside. There was nothing in the iphone box. :mad:

UPS took my report quickly. I am on my 3rd transfer with ATT trying to get through.

This was my first, and will be my last preorder.

2. stev3n macrumors 6502

That's ridiculous, I hope AT&T sends you a new phone quickly.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Wow. I've read several of these. I suspect that a lot of folks somewhere down this delivery chain are losing their jobs. It's not like being able to steal these things will go unnoticed...

4. macse30 macrumors regular

macse30

Whoa! What city are you in? AT&T doesn't trust USPS but UPS has the light fingers!

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It really is a total shame. I hope it's sorted out quickly.

7. Eradik macrumors regular

I'm sure they'll get to the bottom of it. There are checks and balances in these shipping centers to make sure of it.

Sorry that it happened to you though, I would be livid!

8. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

I had this happen to me a long time ago (like 2003) and it was a total nightmare to get T-Mobile to replace it. Hopefully your experience with ATT is better.

9. iphonenub macrumors regular

I'm sorry for your loss. Maybe apple should preinstall find my iPhone and have it setup with a dummy account so they can find it if this happens.

10. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Wow. I know this is very frustrating for you and hope ATT fixes this mess.

11. 15danielp macrumors regular

I've worked for the same shipping store for 10 years. And owened it for that last 5 years. I can tell you that ups is a nightmare. Our driver tries to have us sign for more packages then he's giving us, "Oh must have let them on the truck."

We dropped them as a shipping option but still have to receive packages for our box holders. With UPS, packages can literally just disappear.

12. nealric thread starter macrumors member

NYC- may be part of the problem :rolleyes:

After the better part of the hour on hold with ATT (and three call transfers later), someone reading from a script told me that someone would call me in 24 hours about my "Lost or stolen iphone". She was clearly just clicking boxes on her computer screen and wouldn't deviate from her line or get me someone else to talk to.

The UPS guy certainly tipped me off to something being amiss. First, he showed up past 9:00PM. Then, he said that the package wasn't supposed to be on his route and that it had just "appeared" in his truck.

13. futch macrumors 6502

futch

That blooooows man. Good luck, keep us posted.

14. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

I wonder how people plan to activate these stolen phones? Or I feel sorry for whoever buys the phone and try's to activate it and the carrier says its stolen.

15. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

They also take softball bats, I know this first hand. lol

16. nealric thread starter macrumors member

I do wonder what sort of idiot buys a brand new iphone 4s from a private party within a few days of launch day without any box or papers.

Lol. Probably not- mine was shipped from Dallas. But I'm sure he is not the only crook at UPS.

17. mrbrown macrumors 6502

Good luck.

I had UPS completely lose a PowerBook G4 that was being delivered to me from Amazon.com a few years back. It took me fighting tooth and nail to get somebody, anybody to take responsibility and properly file a claim.

18. stroked Suspended

stroked

and car parts

19. Annerz macrumors regular

oh no! that's terrible. i hope att fixes this

20. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Was the box still plastic wrapped, or did you notice? Did you see any slices on the plastic or evidence that the shipping box and been retaped?

21. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

totally blows man. I would be absolutely livid myself. Hang in there though, karma will serve you (and the thief) well, just be patient :)

22. Mac-Maine macrumors member

23. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Would have been kind of funny to see his face though when he opened the apple box. lol

Atleast UPS stuck a broom handle in the box to attempt to pass the box off as still having a bat in it.

24. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

Mine got stolen out of a fedex warehouse in northern Virginia. Verizon credited my account the 209.99 and made me pay for another phone on a credit card. I preordered and it was supposed to have arrived on Friday but now I wont get a new one till November 1st.