Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
I guess I was thinking.

How exactly is it possible for Apple to hold (as we know now) 2 MILLION iPhones. There is no way UPS can handle that load all at once. A few hundred would have to slip wouldn't you say?

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
I hope for your sake, OP, that the UPS guy you spoke to was right, but I don't think I'd bet the farm on it. :) Stranger things have happened, though.
I hope so too!

Mine is coming from Tennessee, it said it departed today. My shipping was one day as well.

Can you post a picture of what it says? Does it say Orgin scan or did it actually say something different?

KimMelton661

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
I hope so too!

Can you post a picture of what it says? Does it say Orgin scan or did it actually say something different?

Nashville, TN, United States 09/17/2012 3:06 P.M. Departure Scan
Nashville, TN, United States 09/16/2012 1:38 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 09/15/2012 12:25 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
Nashville, TN, United States 09/17/2012 3:06 P.M. Departure Scan
Nashville, TN, United States 09/16/2012 1:38 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 09/15/2012 12:25 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Nice, keep us updated!

When you wake up tomorrow morning check and see if it says "Out for Delivery".

I check this every 5 minutes. I will continue to check UNTIL the morning. Hehe ;)

undoubtedly some are gonna slip through the cracks and arrive early...happens every year.

You have a point.

TSKY74

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2012
Checked my ups and it's departed Nashville with Next Day Air. Let's see what tomorrow brings. Worst case, Friday is only 4 days away.

EdwardSung

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
I called UPS asking the status of my package, and asked when it is supposed to be delivered.

He told me it shipped next day and the package went out today (which is true according to the tracking) and should arrive tomorrow before 3PM EST.

I told him this is the iPhone 5, and asked if there were any restrictions for Friday? He said no, the restrictions are for items shipped via Standard Shipping. Mine shipped via "Holiday Shipping". I even told him on my end it says 4 days left (Friday) and he said that is weird, his system says one more day (tomorrow) and that it was in my city.

On the tracker, it is still sitting in Illinois.

He gave me his extension incase it doesn't come tomorrow. He seemed pretty positive.

Should I be pumped? Anyone else have this experience? If this is true. I AM PUMPED.

I'm pulling for you, since it gives hope to the rest of us! :cool:

Really, though, we're talking about UPS here. The question isn't whether or not any iPhones slip through their net, but how many.

SellYourMacBook

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2012
my iphone5 shipped today scheduled delivery tomorrow !!

is this a error or for real ?

i just checked the tracking of my iphone and it says it was shipped priority overnight today and scheduled delivery is tomorrow by 10:30 am!!!

im about to call fedex to find out if this is a error or not !!

anybody else has tracking scheduled for delivery tomorrow??????

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-17 at 5.10.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-17 at 5.10.32 PM.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 123

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I think it's a good idea if they did deliver earlier, so that it lessens up the traffic for activation on Friday.

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
That would suck because they deliver as late as 7 PM. My iPhone is going to work and we all leave at 5. I'll be upset if I don't get it Friday. :mad:

Mine says "by 3:00pm, end of day for residential" and it's UPS so maybe yours will come early since you're shipping it to work. Unfortunately mine is going to my house so it'll probably be after 3pm.

DayOfChaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2011
is this a error or for real ?

i just checked the tracking of my iphone and it says it was shipped priority overnight today and scheduled delivery is tomorrow by 10:30 am!!!

im about to call fedex to find out if this is a error or not !!

anybody else has tracking scheduled for delivery tomorrow??????

Looks you could be in the same boat as me!
Hope we get our iPhones tomorrow! :)

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
I think it's a good idea if they did deliver earlier, so that it lessens up the traffic for activation on Friday.

I think they do this on occasion, they would rather deliver it early rather than a day late and have to refund shipping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.