Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cloudspy

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2011
world wide web
I also received a shipping notification email from UPS MyChoice with the same info. "Metro Custom Brokers" Est. Deliver April 23 (My Birthday). Seems odd that we both got this and the Apple Watch is the only thing I've ordered.

Just out of curiosity, which one did you order? 42mm Space Black Sport for me.

Also FTR... nothing has changed on my apple store order page nor has my credit card been charged yet. Strange....

Can you at lease post a screenshot to validate this.

KauaiBruce

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Kauai, HI
Is it possible you ordered a separate band? I just realized there is no need for those to be sent from China. Possibly they come a different way. Oops, those better not be > 1 lb.

bruceabbott

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2015
1.6 pounds seems too heavy to be the :apple:Watch. If I remember correctly my Iphone 6 shipping weight was less than a pound.

I just looked up my old tracking number for my iPhone 6. It was .88 pounds so yes, definitely lighter. I believe the apple watch is going to be packaged in a larger box that has a heavy jewelry style box inside of it. Maybe that's the extra weight? Probably not. Just a thought..

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Thanks Captain Buzzkill

and I've had items at my door and didn't update on apple website

No need to be so rude. I made a statement based on my experiences and what I have read in forums over the years. If you can't respond without being insulting then don't respond at all.

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
I just looked up my old tracking number for my iPhone 6. It was .88 pounds so yes, definitely lighter. I believe the apple watch is going to be packaged in a larger box that has a heavy jewelry style box inside of it. Maybe that's the extra weight? Probably not. Just a thought..

If that isn't the watch I wonder what it is. To have two people receive the same notification around the same time from the same place here is strange. Unless you both funded the same kickstarter project or something.

DredPirateStorm

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
If that isn't the watch I wonder what it is. To have two people receive the same notification around the same time from the same place here is strange. Unless you both funded the same kickstarter project or something.

That's the only other thing I could think it could be. There are a lot of kickstarters coming to their end currently that I backed (Double Fine Adventure, Armikrog, Massive Chalice, Kung Fury, etc). It could also be something completely different. I once received a package in the mail from Sony that contained a Ghostbusters hat that I won in a contest I forgot I entered.

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica

i think i read someone order pebble also and they are not shipping till may anyway. it too early for it since it shows 4/23 on there tracking

tkljr

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
As much as I hope Apple isn't shipping via Surepost, if they are, it might explain the use of a date range for deliveries rather than a specific date as in iPhone shipments.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
1.6 pounds seems too heavy to be the :apple:Watch. If I remember correctly my Iphone 6 shipping weight was less than a pound.

1.6 pounds actually sounds pretty right. The watch actually weighs more, does it not? And then there is the band, the box and the accessories. The charging cable probably weighs more than a lightning cable as well.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
can they even get a signature for surepost? USPS is just going to leave it in the mailbox..... i can't imagine appe is prepared to send a minimum $349 watch via surepost....

i'm going to be SHOCKED (yes, with all caps) if it turns out this is a watch.

----------

hmmmmm just thought, but the weight doesn't match.... did you order applecare?

perhaps they've decided to send that surepost?

codeboye

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2011
Let's hope not... I cannot stand surepost. I've had over 10 packages to get lost in the past 3 years because of the USPS getting their hands on it.

can they even get a signature for surepost? USPS is just going to leave it in the mailbox..... i can't imagine appe is prepared to send a minimum $349 watch via surepost....

i'm going to be SHOCKED (yes, with all caps) if it turns out this is a watch.

----------

hmmmmm just thought, but the weight doesn't match.... did you order applecare?

perhaps they've decided to send that surepost?

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
1.6 pounds actually sounds pretty right. The watch actually weighs more, does it not? And then there is the band, the box and the accessories. The charging cable probably weighs more than a lightning cable as well.

A 1 lb wrist weight...

images

sananpx

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2015
Chicago
UPS Notification

I was taught that if something is too good to be true, it is probably not.

Ignore this UPS notice. UPS won't deliver an apple watch on April 23

bruceabbott

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2015
I was taught that if something is too good to be true, it is probably not.

Ignore this UPS notice. UPS won't deliver an apple watch on April 23

April 23 is their "estimate". This is just an initial shipping notification. An intent to ship. It hasn't reached UPS' infrastructure yet. Once it does, I'm sure that will change.

As soon as I get more tracking information... I'll post it. I'm sure by that time, if it IS the watch, those of you who are getting yours next week will have already been charged and received an email from Apple.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
OP needs to take a picture of whatever he receives on the 23rd.

I'm pretty sure it's not the watch. Apple doesn't ship new products this soon.

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
well after seeing this guy pic , im thinking we might actually get apple watches early before 24 and get it on 23rd like two people here who got infos
attachment.php

this pic shows apple watch class which begins at 9:15am , there no way you will get your watch that early morning. so im thinking 23rd is when we get it ?? https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1868544/

zacheryjensen

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2009
I have to admit, all this baseless, naive optimism for an early delivery is putting a smile on my face.

But, you must know it isn't happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.