Verizon Imposing Vacation Blackouts September 21-30 in Line with iPhone Launch Claims

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

TechCrunch reports that it has received word from a Verizon employee that the carrier is imposing a company-wide vacation blackout from September 21 through the end of the month, a timeframe in line with the rumored September 21 launch for the next-generation iPhone in the United States. Apple is expected to introduce the new iPhone with a media event on September 12.
A trusted Verizon employee has just confirmed to TechCrunch that the carrier is having an all-staff vacation blackout from the dates of Friday, September 21 to the following Friday, September 30. You know what that means, right?
Similar blackouts have been instituted around the launch of previous iPhone models and other high-profile Apple products, although these blackouts are sometimes subject to change or extension depending on Apple's exact plans.

Article Link: Verizon Imposing Vacation Blackouts September 21-30 in Line with iPhone Launch Claims

carrako

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
just sold my 4s today... now with a Go phone for 4 weeks... Going to be a lonnggg 4 weeks

dewski

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2011
do you think the carriers actually have info?

i think they just listen to rumors as well.

I work at best buy and no one from our mobile department knows anything until apple says so.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
do you think the carriers actually have info?

i think they just listen to rumors as well.

I work at best buy and no one from our mobile department knows anything until apple says so.
I'm sure the higher ups at Apple have informed the higher ups at Verizon et. al. and then it trickles down.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
When will we see more information on iMac release dates... They should b around the same dates I hope?!?

Rocketman

macrumors 603
I recently updated a set of devices to the shared plan, which reduced my minimum monthly cost and eliminated billing surprises. I wonder if a sudden rage of 4G devices being added to plans will cause a spate of surprise billings on essentially all plans as LTE facilitates higher speed downloads.

Let's raise this to a prediction.

Rocketman

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
CA
I think that confirms the usual announcement plus launch 9 days later on a Friday type scheduling.

Allenbf

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
Elsewhere, USA
Sweet. Now I can swap my kid's upgrade to my line, and give her my 4s. One month and counting!

Share Everything plan, here I come. Please don't be a turd.

markm929

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2010
Sept 30 is a Sunday not a Friday as the article states.....Simple Math 30-21 = 9 that is more than a week....ugh!!!

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
just sold my 4s today... now with a Go phone for 4 weeks... Going to be a lonnggg 4 weeks
Thankfully I have a 3gs to use until my new one gets here. Although I am not sure how I ever thought the 3gs was actually a fast phone. So slow compared to my 4s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.