Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which series 14 are you upgrading to?

• iPhone 14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPhone 14 Plus

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • iPhone 14 Pro

Votes: 67 30.5%
  • iPhone 14 Pro Max

Votes: 151 68.6%

• Total voters

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Interesting. The guys at my local store had me changed over from S10+ to iPhone 14 Pro Max in under 5 minutes. No change to the plan and its low price, which we have had for years.

The issue I had was the eSim was originally on my 12 Pro Max that was jailbroken and not on iOS 16. I did not have my laptop so I couldn’t update the 12PM to iOS 16 to transfer the eSim to the 14 Pro Max. The store employees were no help but the rep on the phone solved everything.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
I am still on the fence about which 14. if any, to buy. I've always known plain ole 14 wasn't for me. That left the remaining three. Having a 12 Pro Max for 2 years, I wondered if I could return to a smaller phone. I finally decided I probably couldn't. So, that left me to choose between 14 Plus and 14 Pro Max. Being that I do not take a lot of pictures and do not record a lot of videos, The Plus with its more affordable price, became my focus. Therefore, I was waiting for the reviews to start posting. Now that they have, I am satisfied with it except for one thing: Dynamic Island! Will I regret not having it over the 36 months Verizon will lock me into? This video is helping me to decide.

I still have not decided. I need to hurry up.
So I had time to go by the Verizon store today (no Apple Store near me) to finally get a look at all the iPhone 14 lineup. Yes, the store finally had all of them on display. To be honest I can live with the smaller sized 14 Pro and would have probably bought it on the spot had they had one available. Only the 14 Plus was available and the clerk said there were only 2 left. For the first time, I saw Dynamic Island in action. It definitely is the lure of the Pro models but I could live without it. I might would have gotten the 14 Plus except the price difference between it and the Pro is too small. In my opinion just $100 or $200 difference for better materials the phone is made of, Dynamic Island, refresh rate, and far better camera is a small price to pay. So, it looks like I am finally deciding on Pro Max IF I UPGRADE. It’s difficult for me to give up my paid-for 12 Pro Max and start paying for a new phone.

Oh BTW, the sales clerk could have easily said, “Don’t buy the 14 Plus”. He literally talked me out of it. He practically said, “I wouldn’t buy that phone” LOL.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
So I had time to go by the Verizon store today (no Apple Store near me) to finally get a look at all the iPhone 14 lineup. Yes, the store finally had all of them on display. To be honest I can live with the smaller sized 14 Pro and would have probably bought it on the spot had they had one available. Only the 14 Plus was available and the clerk said there were only 2 left. For the first time, I saw Dynamic Island in action. It definitely is the lure of the Pro models but I could live without it. I might would have gotten the 14 Plus except the price difference between it and the Pro is too small. In my opinion just $100 or $200 difference for better materials the phone is made of, Dynamic Island, refresh rate, and far better camera is a small price to pay. So, it looks like I am finally deciding on Pro Max IF I UPGRADE. It’s difficult for me to give up my paid-for 12 Pro Max and start paying for a new phone.

Oh BTW, the sales clerk could have easily said, “Don’t buy the 14 Plus”. He literally talked me out of it. He practically said, “I wouldn’t buy that phone” LOL.

Wow . All I can say about the 14 Pro Max is, you won’t be disappointed.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
Wow . All I can say about the 14 Pro Max is, you won’t be disappointed.
Yea I believe you!

If they had one of any color I would have left mine there and gotten it. Something about immediately having it versus waiting a month for delivery is more appetizing. I might try the other Verizon stores near me tomorrow. I doubt they will have any available but since tomorrow is a holiday and I’m not working, I will try.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Yea I believe you!

If they had one of any color I would have left mine there and gotten it. Something about immediately having it versus waiting a month for delivery is more appetizing. I might try the other Verizon stores near me tomorrow. I doubt they will have any available but since tomorrow is a holiday and I’m not working, I will try.

It don’t hurt to try. You never know. You may find one.

brolfsen1983

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2022
I'm so irritated. My brother ordered a 14 Pro 128 GB from Verizon and they told him it wasn't shipping until October 14th at the earliest. I ordered a 14 Pro Max 128 GB Silver a few days later and was told it isn't shipping until October 28th. My brother's order showed up unexpectedly at his house on Thursday! So I figured Apple upped the production so I hurried up and logged into my Verizon account and no change, says ships October 28th! It better come early.

Edit: I ordered mine on 9/30.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I'm so irritated. My brother ordered a 14 Pro 128 GB from Verizon and they told him it wasn't shipping until October 14th at the earliest. I ordered a 14 Pro Max 128 GB Silver a few days later and was told it isn't shipping until October 28th. My brother's order showed up unexpectedly at his house on Thursday! So I figured Apple upped the production so I hurried up and logged into my Verizon account and no change, says ships October 28th! It better come early.

Edit: I ordered mine on 9/30.
Ordered on 9/30 with a delivery date of 10/28 same as you and nothing yet.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
I live in the countryside and spending the weekend in the city. I hit up all the Verizon stores and Best Buy (no Apple stores in this area) and no one had 14's in stock. The closest to same-day purchase as delivery was Best Buy. Some of the 14 Pro and Max can be delivered by the end of the week. Check their website.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
So, is it normal for the UPS tracking not to show up in UPS system after they move to “Shipped” status with Verizon?

Reactions: compwiz1202

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
So, is it normal for the UPS tracking not to show up in UPS system after they move to “Shipped” status with Verizon?
Haven't had anything shipped from VZW in a while, but the quicker merchants to update can have the tracking for you before UPS's systems update. The bad ones send me a shipped email after I have the item :)

• Haha
Reactions: JM and frankdogg

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC

It sometimes can take up to 24 hours before you start to see any movement. Just give it to morning and you should see something then.

Reactions: JM

Apple-of-my-eye

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Ordered my daughter a blue 14 Plus 256 gb last night (she currently has a 11 Pro max- only because when we signed up for Verizon we had offer of $800 trade in and $600 for new customers- so it was basically free. She doesn’t have need for the Pro though- she’s 17). Her current phone is ringing even when her phone is on silent- which is a problem in school!

Ordering her phone is a whole different experience than my 14 Pro Max. I was expecting a little delay since it was just released last Friday and we didn’t preorder. It would be here next week- but I went ahead and paid $5 for it to be here Wednesday this week - it already shipped last night (well label was created- expect UPS to pick it up today- and see tracking this afternoon!)

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
The Apple store closest to me has 14 Pro Max ready for pickup today. Unfortunately, I'm a Verizon business customer and Verizon only allows us to process through Verizon.

• Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.