Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which series 14 are you upgrading to?

• iPhone 14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPhone 14 Plus

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • iPhone 14 Pro

Votes: 67 30.5%
  • iPhone 14 Pro Max

Votes: 151 68.6%

• Total voters

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
Well gang I unintentionally ordered Pro Max 14 Gold 128GB from Verizon. I was adding to my cart just seeing if the $800 promo was still active and to see if the online account would let me order although my current bill had not been paid yet. I thought I was pressing to see a review page but it was the final step. Poof, it thanked me for my order!

I won’t cancel it and just take that as a sign I needed to end my month long going-back-and-forth on a decision to upgrade my 12 Pro Max. As the famous Saviour once said, “It is finished”.

Shipping date 10/28.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
Well gang I unintentionally ordered Pro Max 14 Gold 128GB from Verizon. I was adding to my cart just seeing if the $800 promo was still active and to see if the online account would let me order although my current bill had not been paid yet. I thought I was pressing to see a review page but it was the final step. Poof, it thanked me for my order!

I won’t cancel it and just take that as a sign I needed to end my month long going-back-and-forth on a decision to upgrade my 12 Pro Max. As the famous Saviour once said, “It is finished”.

Shipping date 10/28.
Well how about this: I am receiving the phone tomorrow! I received an email from Verizon that they needed additional information concerning my order. However, the email came from "donotreply@verizon.com". I thought that was strange. So I contacted them and yes they needed some information. At the end of the conversation, the rep said the obligatory statement "is there anything else I can help with?". I said, "yes please get me my phone now". Rep then said, "if you are willing to buy the 256GB I can overnight it and you will have it tomorrow". I had already researched and knew the difference in the device payments for the 128GB vs 256Gb is not that huge. So, I said yes and now I'm expecting a tracking number shortly.

UPDATE: FedEx notification received for the label being created.

Last edited:

frankdogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
253, WA
Well how about this: I am receiving the phone tomorrow! I received an email from Verizon that they needed additional information concerning my order. However, the email came from "donotreply@verizon.com". I thought that was strange. So I contacted them and yes they needed some information. At the end of the conversation, the rep said the obligatory statement "is there anything else I can help with?". I said, "yes please get me my phone now". Rep then said, "if you are willing to buy the 256GB I can overnight it and you will have it tomorrow". I had already researched and knew the difference in the device payments for the 128GB vs 256Gb is not that huge. So, I said yes and now I'm expecting a tracking number shortly.
Lucky you. I decided to chat it up with Verizon Support via Twitter to see if 10/14 ship dates were shipping out faster than expected, but it doesn't look like it.

Your configuration does have a faster ship date than the other colors. Gold is pretty nice. Enjoy!

Reactions: coolbreeze2

brolfsen1983

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2022

Man I am so jealous. I keep checking my order status on my Verizon page at least every few hours and absolutely no change. Looks like October 28th or later!

awidermanska

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
Lucky you. I decided to chat it up with Verizon Support via Twitter to see if 10/14 ship dates were shipping out faster than expected, but it doesn't look like it.

Your configuration does have a faster ship date than the other colors. Gold is pretty nice. Enjoy!
I hope that they will send them on time (10/14) and not later!

Reactions: selmy and frankdogg

selmy

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2013

Any inkling of what delivery date this translates to? Gotta return my loaner on Sunday :/

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
Any inkling of what delivery date this translates to? Gotta return my loaner on Sunday :/
When I go into the Verizon app and select the iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB Gold it does not give a back-ordered date like all the other configurations. To me, that implies it's ready to ship immediately. Is that what you all see?

Reactions: frankdogg

awidermanska

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
I have a 10/14 ship date for a PM Purple 515gb and that's what I was inquiring about.
Exact same phone & date here!
Did they charge your card yet? They pre-authorized mine when I placed the order, but after that, money came back to my account. They didn’t charge me yet since.

Reactions: frankdogg

frankdogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
253, WA
Exact same phone & date here!
Did they charge your card yet? They pre-authorized mine when I placed the order, but after that, money came back to my account. They didn’t charge me yet since.
Just checked for the 50th time today. No charge yet. (and yeah they did the all pre-authorize charge back when I initially ordered)

Reactions: awidermanska

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009

My order has shipped with tomorrow's delivery. So, obviously, the 256GB Gold iPhone 14 must be in stock for immediate shipping. It's being shipped from REDLANDS, CA, US, 92374.

However, before you cancel an order to order another, check and make sure the phone of your new order does NOT have a backorder date.

Last edited:

JapanApple

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2022
Japan
And you have purple, the most popular color I think. Maybe Apple is catching up to the demand.
They making fewer 14 and 14 pro and more Promax series. When I went to shops weeks ago they said there was no time when the ProMax series would be in.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC

Shipping date 10/28.

Congratulations!

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC

Wow that was fast!

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014

Shipping date 10/28.
Yeah huh… “aaaaacccccident”

Haha 🤣

Enjoy! I freaking love mine. Just got it today.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I was more excited for the 14 Pro Max than the 12 Pro Max. My 12 Pro Max is also jailbroken and my 14 Pro Max isn’t and I haven’t even thought of jailbreaking it, if one was to be released today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.