Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
The closest thing I’ve had to this issue is it refusing to pull data from any network. I will be connected to cellular and Wi-Fi and it shows the connection is fine, but I can’t load the webpage. I will disconnect the Wi-Fi so it’s just on cellular but still no data. The last time I restarted it, and everything was fine.

I fully expected this because I had a whole bunch of issues last year with the iPhone 13 Pro Max and iOS 15. This isn’t an a hardware issue but rather Apple is having problems getting a stable iOS release on launch day. I don’t know if it’s caused by people from working from home or whatever Apple is doing but they need to fix it. I didn’t have this problem before iOS 15. Maybe I was lucky but I don’t think so.

ghostface147

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2008
It's either two things, modem firmware or carrier profile. Or both. Hilarious. This is clearly a troublesome year for product launches from Apple. I may sit back and see what happens with Ventura instead of day one upgrade.

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
I can confirm this slowness on 5g, I have a 13 pro max right next to my 14 pro and the 13 pro max is 100% stable and 100 megs faster than the 14 pro. So yes there is some sort of modem driver issue with this handset. So time for apple to work on this and push a modem firmware update. Till then we are just gonna suffer I suppose. If the screen on the 14 pro had not been just better with taking my touch input I would have returned this thing. The fact it takes my touch input properly something no 13 pro ever did. So here I am with a gimpy battery draining 14 pro that gets hot with even worse service, but at least can text again and not sound like a 5 year old with all sorts of typing errors

Reactions: upandown

JM

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2014
Phew! And I was worried it was only Apple having problems these days 👍

CarAnalogy

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2021
Are we sure it’s the phone and not just Verizon? My 13 Pro does not work as well as the bars indicate it should. Cell service in general is not very reliable.

Reactions: dms_91

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Too much home office
Nope. Work from home has zero bearing on performance. That’s just propaganda spread by anti-wfh articles.

Most places, mine included have the metrics to back up the fact we get significantly more and better work done from home. The only people who don’t are the people who never really did anything to begin with.

R_Allonce

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2022
I’m using the 14 PM on Verizon’s network and having no issues at all. Signal is just as good, if not better, than my regular 13. I did get the carrier unlocked model from apple and then connected my Verizon service so I’m not sure if that has an impact or not.
I also share this experience. I am currently experiencing no issues if not better connectivity. I am located in NYC and have had wonderful service.

DocMultimedia

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2012
Charlottesville, VA
Might mean nothing, but two of my friends on Verizon had problems last night and one is on 11, and the other on 13 Pro.

I'm on ATT with 14 Pro and haven't noticed any reduction in signal strength.

Reactions: JM

carinobtl

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2022
Past Christmas season is the best time to buy Apple products. They‘ll iron out early manufacturing mistakes and another batch of products will be manufactured and sold. Returned products will be repaired, refurbished and be sold with discount. But I never seen so much bugs after Apple release like this year and with the exorbitant price in EU makes this a bad release year from Apple. I hope the iPhone 15 (Ultra?) and Watch Ultra 2 will be better (sane) one pricewise and bugwise.

Reactions: JM

kup1986

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, in the NW Ohio area, Verizon has been horrible lately. Various family members on the following iPhone models: XS, 11 Pro, 12, and 13. All with horrific connect issues. Full bars, no signal.

There’s no 5G in this area so it’s possible the problem is tied to 5G. But my 14 Pro is no different than the 12 I came from in terms of reliability. That is to say Verizon’s service isn’t any worse, but it’s been pretty horrible anyway so…

Also FWIW, I was in a 5G area over the weekend and wasn’t blown away by the speeds. It did seem slower than my 12 had in that same area, but I chalked it up to Verizon’s overall service degradation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.