Verizon iphone 4 dropped calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bimmer09, Mar 2, 2011.

1. bimmer09 macrumors newbie

This is not only my first iphone, but also my first smart phone. I'm dropping calls like never before. Previous phones have not done this. My last 4 phones have been Motorloa flip phones and they were superior phones as far as making calls, to this phone. Verizon says they are working on this problem with their towers. I'm not so sure it's not just the iphone itself.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No way, Verizon dropping calls? :D
    I thought that was impossible.

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Yup..Has to be an Apple problem, because as we all know, and have heard for months, Verizon doesn't drop calls.:rolleyes:

4. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

When he was using his flip phone (assuming he was still on Verizon) didn't have issues until he got the iphone. So technically VZW "might" not be the issue here and it just could be that the iphone is defective.

Since Feb. 7th my iphone on VZW has not dropped a single call. I was able to make clear crisp calls all day long. My previous blackberry never dropped calls in the past 2-3 years and same result with my previous phones on Verizon.

5. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

Since I owned my Verizon iphone I have never dropped a call.

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Hmmmm...:confused:

7. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Verizon could have less than stellar coverage in your area.

8. andrewsd macrumors 6502

no not verizon.

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

11. johnfnwhiteside macrumors newbie

I haven't dropped one call since getting the verizon iphone the day it came out. that's even in areas with crappy service.

12. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I would think you would need a better test than one call.:D

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

14. cecoleman macrumors regular

Reset the phone... hold home button and sleep button at the same time...don't let go until the white Apple logo appears. Do not swipe the red bar when it asks you.

15. Namji, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Why would Verizon service matter regarding dropped calls when (assuming, as the OP was not being clear) he didn't have this issue with his previous Verizon flip phone.
    Both the previous flip phone and his current iphone were / is on Verizon wireless. In this case.. it would be the phone.

16. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Why would you ask me that question? Ask the OP...I just quoted him.:D
    In case you missed it here it is again....
    Of course... It has to be the phone...We all know that it couldn't be Verizon.:rolleyes:

17. BriChi macrumors 6502

well being that you're on mac'fanboy'rumors, of course it cannot be the almighty iphone, it has to be verizon even though any of your previous phones never dropped a call:rolleyes:

now to actually help you instead of just saying "i dont have the problem"... My buddy was dropping calls too and went to apple with it, they claimed the antenna may have been messed up in that 1 particular iphone and gave him a new one to try, he has been fine ever since, I would try and get a replacement, may just be a faulty unit

18. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I must have missed something, I don't see one post in this thread, that says that the iPhone can't be the problem, but I see several that automatically assume that it has to be the phone, simply because the OP has never dropped a call.:rolleyes: Lets face it, this could very easily be a faulty phone, or a problem with equipment at the tower.

Surely the OP knows that he can take his iPhone to Apple, and they can very easily test the antenna. Problem solved, it's either a faulty phone or it isn't.

19. BriChi macrumors 6502

the very first response says

No way, Verizon dropping calls?
    I thought that was impossible.

which right away is showing that user stating that he blames verizon and not the phone, Yes, verizon dropping calls is pretty impossible, never had it happen on any of my phones either, yet it has happened in the same locations with the iphone where with previous phones I was fine

20. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Toll.

Signed up yesterday. Make one post and so far nothing. RIIIIIGHT! :rolleyes: Go back to your moto flip phones then. :)

21. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Once again, I see no where in Applejuiced's post, that says that the iPhone can't be the problem, but I see several posts in this thread, that automatically assume that it has to be the phone, simply because the OP or Verizon has never dropped a call.
    I rest my case..:rolleyes: And I believe it was you that first mentioned the word "fanboy":eek:

22. BriChi macrumors 6502

Im a fanboy of Verizon because my calls dont drop, your post makes no sense.

23. Youngmoney23 macrumors newbie

Ive NEVER dropped a call with my AT&T iPhones. Yes Ive had every iPhone and have yet to drop a call.

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good for you, many people drop calls and have bad service from Verizon at certain parts of the country.
    No wireless carrier is perfect everywhere.
    Can you hear me now?:D

25. hobo.hopkins macrumors 6502a

hobo.hopkins

I've never dropped a call on my Verizon iPhone, or any Verizon phones that I've had in the past. Although I generally have four bars so I'm not necessarily representative of those in poor coverage areas.

Blaming the phone as the only reason for a dropped call is foolhardy, as is blaming solely the network. Pinpointing the exact reason for a dropped call isn't as simple as people seem to think.