Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Verizon iPhone Launch, Lines Forming

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

The Verizon iPhone finally launches in-stores on Thursday, February 10th at 7 a.m. Since this is essentially the same iPhone that has been on the AT&T network since last year, we don't expect there to be nearly as long a line for the original launch. Still, it seems some people aren't taking any chances.

The Orlando Sentinel posts a photo of the first person in line at a Florida Verizon Wireless store.
Marcia Caldwell parked her chair outside the Verizon Wireless store in Winter Garden shortly after 4 p.m. Wednesday — 15 hours before she can buy Verizon’s new iPhone 4.
Caldwell is presently on an iPhone 3GS with AT&T and will be switching to Verizon to get better coverage at her home.

Also, Apple and Verizon seem to be preparing for some lines:

Photo by Snapcracklypop
A few random tweets indicate long lines are already forming in some locations. If you are standing in line, send photos to webmaster@macrumors.com or post in the comment thread.

Article Link: Verizon iPhone Launch, Lines Forming

Last edited by a moderator:

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
I wonder how happy she is going to look after 15 hours of sitting in that chair. :D

Or when she wakes up to find her purse gone, and she has to go home to get her spare credit card, and when she gets back the line has 8,674,983 people on it :eek:

Comment

agarcia34

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2011
Hopefully it's not a long night for her or anyone who is waiting in line tonight.

Comment

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Seriously? Lol. I guess I can't talk, I was in line for the AT&T iPhone 4 when it came out. Hope everyone out there has fun!

Comment

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
A guy at my church had a Verizon iPhone tonight. It's just another iPhone.. just with verizon. No big deal.

People want to guarantee themselves one though. What if they sell out and there's a supply crunch like the iPhone 4 in June/July? You have to remember that this is the first time Verizon customers will be able to purchase an iPhone, the demand may be high.

Comment

Amnak

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2009
Nooooooo dang it I was half deliosnally hopping no one would start lining up now ...:/ I hope being one hour early will be enough

Comment

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
Lol... typical Apple fanpeople.

Naaa, one would think. I've always though waiting in line is something only a geek would do. Far from it. Back in June I got along great with all the people at the line. Hot coco/coffee, movies over some iPads and a helluva long blanket. The people there were of ALL ages. Three teens, one who wasn't even getting an iPhone, a mom and grandfather, a dad and his son and some guys. The kid who was in line ended up selling his 1st in line spot for $100. Lady who bought it showed up at 6:50 not expecting a couple of hundred peopel in line lol.

Comment

SmokeyRobinson

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2010
Naaa, one would think. I've always though waiting in line is something only a geek would do. Far from it. Back in June I got along great with all the people at the line. Hot coco/coffee, movies over some iPads and a helluva long blanket. The people there were of ALL ages. Three teens, one who wasn't even getting an iPhone, a mom and grandfather, a dad and his son and some guys. The kid who was in line ended up selling his 1st in line spot for $100. Lady who bought it showed up at 6:50 not expecting a couple of hundred peopel in line lol.

I stood in line for the first iPhone. I was given $80 by my friend to use his cash to buy two iPhones.

Comment

JP3G

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2008
People get in line to get concert tickets, video games.. why not electronics?

Comment

Dr.Pants

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
If it hadn't been for the fact that I was a Verizon customer I would have been doing this I needed a new phone badly enough as it is.

Comment

MarximusMG

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2009
Denver
Very happy for those getting it tomorrow! I received mine on Monday and, to put it simply, have been loving every single second of it. I will never go back to my non-iPhone days...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.