Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With iOS 15 and macOS Monterey, Apple is adding several quality of life improvements, which are designed to address some of the complaints that people have had with these operating systems for years now.

In our latest YouTube video, we're highlighting some of our favorite "fix" features that address long-running problems in iOS and macOS or that bring significant improvements to the usage experience.

Some of these major improvements include an option to erase a Mac without having to reinstall the operating system, connecting to a Mac using AirPlay, requesting refunds for in-app purchases directly within an app, getting an alert if you leave your phone behind, automatically removing expired passes from Wallet, and more. We've even thrown in a couple bonus tvOS features.

What are your favorite quality of life improvements in iOS 15 and macOS Monterey? Let us know in the comments.

Article Link: Video: 20 Annoyances Apple Fixed in iOS 15 and macOS Monterey

Thank you for taking our feedback Apple. Thank you for listening to us.

Let's all continue to submit our feedback.

Also, someone needs to summarize the video for us, please.

Last edited:

krakman

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
ohhh am I finally able to "arrange apps alphabetically" in iOS without having to reset the Home Screen?

Reactions: Johnny907

CubeHacker

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
Did they finally fix the bug in apple Mail app where it keeps popping up as the active window every 30 minutes no matter what you are doing when you have it synced to a gmail account? It’s existed for like… 6 years now at least.

dguisinger

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
Did they fix auto-opening windows on restarting MacOS? It seems to have been broken for years, automatically opening apps I had previously closed, swamping me with running applications

Also, how good is the erase and restore?
As a developer I install a lot of stuff that doesn't go through a drag and drop or normal installer... I'm sure they get their hooks in lots of places in the system. Since this is a Mac and not iOS where everything runs in neat little sandboxes, how do I actually know it erased the system and is the equivalent of a fresh install if I'm going to give it to someone else?

Charles50

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2013
Did they fix auto-opening windows on restarting MacOS? It seems to have been broken for years, automatically opening apps I had previously closed, swamping me with running applications
There is a little button on the Shutdown confirmation to turn that off. Didn't you ever notice it? Turn it off and leave it off. Yes, startup is much faster. Don't forget to prune your apps and extensions etc. that launch on boot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.