Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
IMG_0082.JPG

I have a Smart Keyboard attached, trying to watch a video 70% full screen and take notes on the remaining 30% screen. But when I type, the bar at the bottom of the screen covers the video controls (play, pause, next, back, volume)-see screenshot. This is very bothersome because I often need to pause or rewind to catch up in my notes. Anyone know if this is a bug or oversight or feature? Or better yet how to correct this? I know I could play the video smaller as a work around, but I do want full screen. Thanks.

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
currently no app is able to shrink to the viewable space when the keyboard is up while in split / side-by-side view. maybe something for apple to think about for a future update

Vital0gy

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2016
View attachment 671141
I have a Smart Keyboard attached, trying to watch a video 70% full screen and take notes on the remaining 30% screen. But when I type, the bar at the bottom of the screen covers the video controls (play, pause, next, back, volume)-see screenshot. This is very bothersome because I often need to pause or rewind to catch up in my notes. Anyone know if this is a bug or oversight or feature? Or better yet how to correct this? I know I could play the video smaller as a work around, but I do want full screen. Thanks.

General>Keyboard>Shortcuts (toggle off)

Attachments

• IMG_0237.PNG
    IMG_0237.PNG
    337.3 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: ericwn

subjonas

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
General>Keyboard>Shortcuts (toggle off)

Wow didn't see your reply until now. Thank you! This is a good workaround. I lose the onscreen shortcut buttons but never really use them anyway.

Ideally, Apple will bump up the video controls above the keyboard onscreen shortcut bar in a future version of iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.