Video controls covered up when ASK is attached

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by subjonas, Nov 8, 2016.

  1. subjonas macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    #1
    IMG_0082.JPG
    I have a Smart Keyboard attached, trying to watch a video 70% full screen and take notes on the remaining 30% screen. But when I type, the bar at the bottom of the screen covers the video controls (play, pause, next, back, volume)-see screenshot. This is very bothersome because I often need to pause or rewind to catch up in my notes. Anyone know if this is a bug or oversight or feature? Or better yet how to correct this? I know I could play the video smaller as a work around, but I do want full screen. Thanks.
     
  2. beernut macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2016
    #2
    currently no app is able to shrink to the viewable space when the keyboard is up while in split / side-by-side view. maybe something for apple to think about for a future update
     
  3. Vital0gy macrumors newbie

    Vital0gy

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2016
    #3
    General>Keyboard>Shortcuts (toggle off)
     

    Attached Files:

  4. subjonas thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    #4
    Wow didn't see your reply until now. Thank you! This is a good workaround. I lose the onscreen shortcut buttons but never really use them anyway.

    Ideally, Apple will bump up the video controls above the keyboard onscreen shortcut bar in a future version of iOS.
     

Share This Page