With Intel executing a significant architecture change next year, rather than plonking $4,000-$5,000 into a new Mac Pro Harpertown, I am going to let Intel shrink their dye size again and put in their new memory controller before I commit. In the interim, the incedentals (DDR-3 RAM and faster, larger drives) will drop significantly in price, cores per chip could easily be up to 8 if not 16, and hopefully when I buy the big beast (or even better a mid-sized tower), it should last me a heck of a long time. There it is. For now, I am waiting for Nehalem! It's not that far away. Are you? Official Thread Motto: We waited this long! What's another 8 months?