Waive your AT&T iPhone 4S Upgrade fee

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by syedhussain, Oct 11, 2011.

1. syedhussain macrumors member

Lol I just got my iPhone 4S upgrade fee waived from at&t.

I pre ordered last friday and i called in today complaining that they were charging me an extra $18.00 for the upgrade when one of their representatives told me that they would waive it for me.

In reality, nobody informed me that they would waive my fee for me, I just told a small lie to save $18.00

That is $18.00 off my next bill! Try it, it cant hurt, only benefit you.
    syedhussain is online now Report Post

2. Pooshka macrumors 65816

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Where do you draw the line?
    Big lie to save big $$?
    What you gain in $$ isn't worth what you lose in character IMO

4. syedhussain thread starter macrumors member

5. tivoboy macrumors 68030

karmas a bitch

When you drop your phone on day one and break the screen, you'll know why.

6. Captain America macrumors 6502

Oh people get over yourselves. Props to the OP for saving a little pocket cash.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Good for you, the $18 upgrade fee makes no sense. Which is why it's so easily waived. What does that $18 really cover besides another way to nickel & dime everyone?

8. Iamjoshlee, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  9. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

Props to the OP (not for lying, but for getting the fee waived). the upgrade fee is a joke

10. syedhussain thread starter macrumors member

Exactly, :) the $18 bucks is another excuse from carriers to make another few bucks. You really aren't getting anything out of it.

11. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

He's Christian; he doesn't believe in Karma, which is an incredibly anti-Christian belief.

12. notjustgc macrumors 6502

They probably use all the $18 upgrade fees to pay their CSRs overtime to handle all the frantic calls from people freaking out about their preorders. :rolleyes:

13. syedhussain thread starter macrumors member

I will pray for forgiveness on sunday!

14. realchimera macrumors regular

You think wall street bank would get a **** to your opinion about character loss?

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So that's what your "christian" values teach you? Lie for a measly $18? If $18 is that important you have no business owning an iPhone or any cell phone for that matter.

I love it when people **** up and **** people over then they use their religion as a crutch saying they're safe because they'll ask for forgiveness. I call ********.

16. syedhussain thread starter macrumors member

with a name like mine, most people don't believe that I am a christian. Some Christians I know also have muslim names.

Steve Jobs biological dad was a muslim (doesnt have to do with anything)

17. notjustgc, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011

notjustgc macrumors 6502

Life is so much easier when you're an atheist. Seriously.

18. syedhussain thread starter macrumors member

Have you not lied before? I am lying to a corporation, a corrupt, cruel, careless, disgusting corporation. They have took so much more money from me in the past, I am just returning the favor.

I doubt they will miss my $18

19. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

In that case FedEx should charge an iPhone shipping fee as well. :rolleyes:

20. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Steve Jobs' biological father is Jewish in case you didn't know.

21. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If I've lied then I have not lied on the premise that I'll "repent". I don't use my religion as a get out of jail free card. I own up to my lies like an adult, a human being. You're lying to a "corrupt, cruel, careless, disgusting corporation" and the coincidence is most of those are adjectives are ones I'd use to describe the likes of you.

They won't miss your $18, but it's sad that you'd do that.

22. syedhussain thread starter macrumors member

"Abdulfattah "John" Jandali -- Steve Jobs' biological father -- had no comment Wednesday on the untimely death of his world-famous son, with whom he had no relationship.

Jandali, 80, a Syrian-American Muslim and ex-political science professor, had earlier expressed his regret for giving his son up for adoption."

I have my facts straight

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So you're justifying your moral decisions on the behavior of another? I don't think morals and character works that way. Wrong is wrong, so you saved 18 bucks but what did you really gain by compromising your character. :rolleyes:

24. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

You're on a roll today PBF!

As for the OP, next time you don't have to lie. Just tell them you are unhappy with the upgrade fee, and they probably will remove it.

25. Virance macrumors regular

You guys do realize that the $18 fee is one of those "We charge it to everyone, and remove it from anyone who complains" fees right? The entire point is that there is no legitimate reason for the charge, they just know the vast majority of the people will never raise a peep.

It also gives them something very easy to 'give' the customer if any other issues should arise during the upgrade process. Oh, phone is a week late? What's that, your unlimited data got knocked off in the process due to our poorly designed (or, more likely, well designed to cause the drop) site? Here, let me waive that $18 fee we charge specifically so that we can waive it and look good to make you happy.

The O.P. is certainly not a scumbag for getting it knocked off, or devoid if any "character."