Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Where do you draw the line?
Big lie to save big $$?
What you gain in $$ isn't worth what you lose in character IMO

Yeah, I did this but simply told them I wasn't paying it and they waived it, didn't need to lie about anything...The truth works kids, try it out sometime.

----------

Stop your lying. first you lie about the $18.00 then you lie about being Christian. STOP! :rolleyes:

Not sure he's lying, seems to fit the behavior pattern of most christians I know.

Todisco

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
Atlanta, GA
So you're justifying your moral decisions on the behavior of another? I don't think morals and character works that way. Wrong is wrong, so you saved 18 bucks but what did you really gain by compromising your character. :rolleyes:

Answer "$18"

Get over yourself people - if you don't play the game the game will play you.:apple:

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Answer "$18"

Get over yourself people - if you don't play the game the game will play you.:apple:

There's no "game" to be played here, you simply call and tell them to remove it. Trying to act like you're hard because you lied to AT&T to get an $18 fee waived that you shouldn't have to pay anyway is just...pathetic.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Let's not turn this into a moral debate. If you wanna waive your $18 fee, well, now you know how to. If not, then good for you. :rolleyes:

CJLevinsk22

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
Please be sure to post back when AT&T cancels your order for invalidating your upgrade eligibility. Just saying, people's orders have been canceled for much less...

-Chris

notjustgc

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Please be sure to post back when AT&T cancels your order for invalidating your upgrade eligibility. Just saying, people's orders have been canceled for much less...

-Chris

Honestly, I wouldn't even want to say a word to an AT&T CSR this week about anything. One stray keystroke could **** up everything!

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I didn't even say anything about the upgrade fee and the rep waived it.

Of course I still can't see my order status so waiving $18 on the potential nonupgrade of a phone seems... moderately mischievous. :D

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
That $18 can get you 2 months of streaming only Netflix on your shiny new iPhone. Maybe a used game from GameStop. It can also get you a huge Belgium Waffle w/ pancakes and a bacon & cheese omelet from iHop. Does Apple own iHop too? :p

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

AT&T automatically waved my upgrade fee when I was preordering? Order summary listed the upgrade fee as $0.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Is it possible to get them to waive the fee on a future upgrade? Like attach a note so when I do upgrade they will automatically waive it in the store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.