Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
One thing that may be helpful for you to know is that in the U.S. there are other retailers that also sell the iPhone and have in store purchase options. Best Buy, Walmart, and Target all sell iPhones. One of the Best Buy stores in my area of the country (not Florida) recently showed as having the 13 Pro available for pickup on their website.
However buying at third party also means its likely locked to the carrier. Not sure about walk ins but afaik best buy does not sell outfight just yet. Last i checked was recent. Unless they lifted that. Its better to buy it directly from apple store as those are unlocked and can be used in OP country.

Reactions: foreignuser

foreignuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2021
One thing that may be helpful for you to know is that in the U.S. there are other retailers that also sell the iPhone and have in store purchase options. Best Buy, Walmart, and Target all sell iPhones. One of the Best Buy stores in my area of the country (not Florida) recently showed as having the 13 Pro available for pickup on their website.
Oh yeah I know but my purpose is buying it unlocked so I can use it in my country, and from what I heard, Apple is the only place where you can buy unlocked iPhones

foreignuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2021
Ok y’all there goes a lil update: I’ve been monitoring the inventory of the Pro and last week the situation seemed to be getting better, as the estimated delivery was lowered from Nov 23-Dec 1 to November 16-November 22, but now I’ve seen that they’re back at the previous lengthy delay so it was a mere illusion?. Regarding my friend, she’s already there, and observing the current shortage I’m afraid I’ll be sticking to my iPhone 7 for a while more, at least until someone travels again and praying that the inventory is sufficient

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.