Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avihappy

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
ok... So then i just need to leave him logged in, correct?

Also, does switching users mess this up at all?

I am not entirely sure if switching users would mess this up. I don't expect it to.

Yes, you have to log in, set this up, then walk away...

ALSO, here is a new version that lets you take additional pictures: http://localhostr.com/files/f7dc2c/iSight+Spycam+V4.zip

It will take them immediately after it takes the first one.

EDIT: Ok, I just tried this on myself after going to the login screen (but staying logged in). Switching users had no effect on it, and it worked fine...

castanzarules

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2008
A2
first of all, this thread is pretty funny. all in good fun. haha

second, that application is amazing and i think i myself can find a use for it;)

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
Well, I've taken the time and effort to make you a little app that does just what you want!
That's a nice thing to do!

Yeah, this thread is quite funny. So is the app. I'm definitely interested in future events, ramifications, and pictures :)D) of this app.

and i figured it might be worth since it seems we have a nice audience here, which in turn would make the prank that much better.
:D:D

DerekHostalek

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Illinois
I am not entirely sure if switching users would mess this up. I don't expect it to.

Yes, you have to log in, set this up, then walk away...

ALSO, here is a new version that lets you take additional pictures: http://localhostr.com/files/f7dc2c/iSight+Spycam+V4.zip

It will take them immediately after it takes the first one.

EDIT: Ok, I just tried this on myself after going to the login screen (but staying logged in). Switching users had no effect on it, and it worked fine...

You are awesome..

Expect a Link to Pictures as soon as it happens, and I'll try to get this on digg when its up... to further humiliate him, and to give you some credit for your fine work.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
You are awesome..

Expect a Link to Pictures as soon as it happens, and I'll try to get this on digg when its up...
Now I'm really interested!

This is one thread that will definitely be staying up on a tab in my Safari for the forseeable future!

avihappy

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
You are awesome..

Expect a Link to Pictures as soon as it happens, and I'll try to get this on digg when its up... to further humiliate him, and to give you some credit for your fine work.

Thanks, but remember, give this a vigorous (lol) test. Make sure it all works as planned. :D

It works on my Mac, but make sure it works on his...

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
you should write a script that plays an audio file when after he accessing the x page! omg.

can you imagine him typing it in, settling in and then all of a sudden, your voice comes BOOMING out yelling at him to stop surfing those sites etc..etc..

keep us posted on the results eh?

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
you should write a script that plays an audio file when after he accessing the x page! omg.

can you imagine him typing it in, settling in and then all of a sudden, your voice comes BOOMING out yelling at him to stop surfing those sites etc..etc..

keep us posted on the results eh?
Maybe combine the two, with a picture taken, and right after the picture, when he freaks out, the voice comes on…

Then after a minute of silence and he thinks things are back to normal… "I TOLD YOU, GET OFF THAT SITE!"

And then take a picture after that.

:D

avihappy

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
Maybe combine the two, with a picture taken, and right after the picture, when he freaks out, the voice comes on…

Then after a minute of silence and he thinks things are back to normal… "I TOLD YOU, GET OFF THAT SITE!"

And then take a picture after that.

:D

Ask, and ye shall receive: http://localhostr.com/files/9e381b/iSight+Spycam+with+Sound+2.zip

Note that I MAX OUT the volume, so don't wear earphones with this!

EDIT: I updated this version so that you can make it say anything you like!

DerekHostalek

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Illinois
Thanks, but remember, give this a vigorous (lol) test. Make sure it all works as planned. :D

It works on my Mac, but make sure it works on his...

I tried it twice, it worked perfectly. both with the test information, (1min, google, three pics)... plus with the actual (5 min., naughty site, and 20 pics)

you will definitely be updated...:D

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
I tried it twice, it worked perfectly. both with the test information, (1min, google, three pics)... plus with the actual (5 min., naughty site, and 20 pics)

you will definitely be updated...:D

wait, you already got the pictures? im excited to see them haha

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662

avihappy

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
HAHA that is so awesome. but i think it would be better using the Alex voice as its clearer to understand and "damn" actually makes Alex sound angry :D.

OK then, here it is with Alex: http://localhostr.com/files/dde6fe/iSight+Spycam+with+Voice+Alex.zip

Awesome little program!

One bug though. It doesn't post the image to the desktop if you have the desktop set to change the background image and intervals.

I'm not sure if I can actually fix that...

JoshBoy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Can someone please write me a script that makes me breakfast in the morning, cleans the house and has a beer waiting for me when i get home we could market it as "i-wife" :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.