Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
74B9B549-1623-4A8C-B7C4-2E928EAE6622.jpeg
Here is Numerals Mono customized to be only outline. The clock arms are a brighter white since they don’t have to allow the color under neath to show.

I would love something like this to be always on since it might be a battery sipper.

dead_smed

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2004
Milton Keynes
So annoying that they only have 2 watch faces for the S3. I can’t understand why!
Possibly a way of trying to tempt folks to upgrade? Both 38mm and 42mm watches also have less resolution than the 40mm. It could be that trying to make these watch faces fit the old smaller screens compromises how good they look?

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I really wanted the Watch face with Roman numerals.
My guess is it will be added during a later beta. All the new faces like roman numerals, california, gradient ALL have circular variants that would go perfect on S1-S3 watches. As was the cace with all the WatchOS 5 faces like vapor, fire/water, etc.

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
My guess is it will be added during a later beta. All the new faces like roman numerals, california, gradient ALL have circular variants that would go perfect on S1-S3 watches. As was the cace with all the WatchOS 5 faces like vapor, fire/water, etc.

I agree, but apparently there are only 2 new faces for the S3.

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I kinda doubt there will be any more faces to the Series 3. I downloaded Beta 2 yesterday and no new faces thus far. I don’t really mind because I’d probably still use modular any way.

I sold my Series 4 to get the Series 5 when it comes out. Even after I get my Series 5 I’m planning on using Modular

Here’s a shot of the calculator on the Series 3.

7EDC3A3D-49E5-4BDC-B1CF-7B1E2FA34A9D.jpeg

Last edited:

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
I kinda doubt there will be any more faces to the Series 3. I downloaded Beta 2 yesterday and no new faces thus far. I don’t really mind because I’d probably still use modular any way.

I sold my Series 4 to get the Series 5 when it comes out. Even after I get my Series 5 I’m planning on using Modular

Here’s a shot of the calculator on the Series 3.

View attachment 843802

Thank you. I already use Watch Calculator third-party app on my S3 though.

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
A note regarding the excessive battery loss on watchOS 6. I’m not so sure that it’s related to watchOS 6 after all. I’ve been using my Series 3 on watchOS 5.3 and guess what? Same rapid battery loss. If I take the watch off the charger at 8am, it needs to be recharged before dinner. Prior to upgrading to iOS 13, this Series 3 watch would last 2 days.

So...the battery problems may be related to pairing with an iPhone using iOS 13.

Reactions: ErikGrim

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
A note regarding the excessive battery loss on watchOS 6. I’m not so sure that it’s related to watchOS 6 after all. I’ve been using my Series 3 on watchOS 5.3 and guess what? Same rapid battery loss. If I take the watch off the charger at 8am, it needs to be recharged before dinner. Prior to upgrading to iOS 13, this Series 3 watch would last 2 days.

So...the battery problems may be related to pairing with an iPhone using iOS 13.

No issues with my iPhone X being on iOS 13 and watch being on watchOS 5.2. I’m getting the same 3 day battery life.

Reactions: perezr10

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Three days? What kind of nuclear-battery do you have in your watch? I know I use mine more than the average, but two days is not even possible

I’m not sure, I just use it. I don’t do anything crazy. I use it for text and call notifications, alarms and tracking of exercise. No extreme settings changes.

At the 48 hour mark, the charge is usually around 40%.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I’m not sure, I just use it. I don’t do anything crazy. I use it for text and call notifications, alarms and tracking of exercise. No extreme settings changes.

At the 48 hour mark, the charge is usually around 40%.

Hahahahaha...that is one of the best replies I have ever seen on MacRumors! "Nuclear battery!"

But seriously, you got the best battery in an Apple Watch ever. Three days is not unheard of at all, but I would say not for a majority of users, for the simple fact most charge their AW's when they go to bed every night, not for lack of trying to get three days. I can do two easy, sometimes three, depending on my schedule and if I am on call or not...but I am glad you can get that much out of your nuclear AW everyday from the sounds of it.

:apple:

Last edited:
Reactions: xDKP and rawCpoppa

Merode

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2013
Warsaw, Poland
I used to have 3 days battery life on my S3 when it came out. Almost two years and several software updates later, it lasts two days but barely (at 7PM I get low battery notification).

I'll wait with updating to watchOS 6 until I see some reviews. I would hate it if it caused battery to last just one day.

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
I really can’t understand how anyone claims to get 2 days, and especially three days, of battery life on an Apple Watch. I’m especially baffled if someone says they’re getting that and using the watch for workouts.

I almost never end the day at more than 40 or 50 percent. Granted, I exercise about an hour each day. Still, I cannot think of a scenario where I could get 2 days. 3 days...forget about it.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I used to have 3 days battery life on my S3 when it came out. Almost two years and several software updates later, it lasts two days but barely (at 7PM I get low battery notification).

I'll wait with updating to watchOS 6 until I see some reviews. I would hate it if it caused battery to last just one day.

Some reports (I believe even earlier in this thread) are it is only lasting 7-8 hours on S3's (brand new or refurbished) and some S4's (brand new or refurbished), so I stayed far away from that! I am a developer and could have gone with DP1, but I need my AW to last anywhere from 12-18 hours on a regular basis, and longer if I am on call.

I think I will wait until the Fall to upgrade my watch. So far just my iPad Pro, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7 plus, and iPhone X (all backup phones in case my iPhone XS broke - my job demands I need an iPhone) have been upgraded, and well it is not horrible on the iPad Pro or iPhone X at all, it is more buggy on the 6s, and 7 Plus. My XS will either get it in the fall when the GM is released or maybe a few releases before that, depending on performance/bugs of course. No way my Macs are getting Catalina yet, as that is more like an alpha release than beta.

"The More You Know.™" Haha.

Last edited:

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I really can’t understand how anyone claims to get 2 days, and especially three days, of battery life on an Apple Watch. I’m especially baffled if someone says they’re getting that and using the watch for workouts.

I almost never end the day at more than 40 or 50 percent. Granted, I exercise about an hour each day. Still, I cannot think of a scenario where I could get 2 days. 3 days...forget about it.

I know many people that get three days out of their S3 and S4's, pretty easy. In fact, I could have gotten three days out of mine today as it is at 38%, and that is since 8:45-9:00AM-ish Tuesday. However, before I get in the shower and shave this morning, I will put it on the charger and it will be back up to 100%.

My "workout" is walking around the hospital(s) all day/night and my AW performs amazingly.

What is the most you can get out of yours?

It appears the people with S3 & S4 LTE+GPS models (obviously exceptions) are the ones getting up to the three days of battery life and mine is an S3 LTE+GPS.

Last edited:

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
After going from S0 to a S3, I have got into the habit of charging mine daily. On average it’s on 69% usually when I go to charge it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.