Watch returned to sender?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Beaverman3001, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Beaverman3001 macrumors 6502

Anyone else have their watch shipment get returned to Apple? Ordered 42mm SS classic black buckle, it charged and shipped today. For an hour or two I could track it on UPS just fine. Then it stopped working, and now a little while later it shows as returning to sender.

Called Apple, talked to supervisor, they don't know whats going on but said they did not request the return or see any reason that the order shouldn't fulfill. We are both assuming it is a UPS error.

Anyone else over the past few days have something similar happen? I was so close!

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 9.00.11 PM.png

2. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

It's possible they damaged it along the way. But I can't say that happened to your package with certainty.

3. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

There have been a few of these reported. Some of them were intentional.

Call Apple.

4. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

Re-read his post...

5. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Whoops. Missed that.

So, I'd be calling UPS then.

6. martinctv macrumors regular

It looks like the sender requested this.

7. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

I would try that, but I'm afraid a typical response would be, "Apple requested this action, so call them." And "we don't or can't initiate a return to sender action unless the sender requests it."

This should be interesting. Keep us updated for sure!

----------

I just thought this.

It is possible they sent out the wrong model watch. So they caught it in the shipping department side and made the request.

8. applefan022 macrumors 6502

Maybe they sent you an edition by mistake and just realized it.

9. Beaverman3001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Called UPS, as expected they said Apple requested it. And Apple says they didn't request it, so.... wonderful.

10. applefan022 macrumors 6502

Did you get charged successfully? Maybe something went wrong with payment.

11. Beaverman3001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup, charged just fine, and Apple support said there was nothing showing as wrong with the payment/order to trigger this.

----------

Maybe, but the watch was already showing under my support profile as an Apple Watch, not an edition. Anything is possible though.

12. applefan022 macrumors 6502

WEIRD.. Hope it gets sorted quickly and you recieve it soon!

13. klove4252 macrumors newbie

Sadly, I've had this happen with shipments from UPS before. It wasn't from Apple, but it was a package where a signature was required. It wasn't delivered during my normal UPS window, and I did not leave a note or anything like that.

I think what happened was that no one was there to sign it, and then instead of moving it to repeat delivery the driver just claimed that the sender sent it back. It sucks when it happens, but I think it is the drivers fault in this case. Of course, UPS will never say that. You most likely will have to wait for Apple to receive the package to ship it again.

14. Beaverman3001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Unfortunately my package hasn't even made it far enough for that to occur. It was in PA, I'm in FL.

15. applefan022 macrumors 6502

It was never out for delivery?

16. klove4252 macrumors newbie

That is even more odd. I think it had to have been a sorting error on UPS's part then.

17. ifop macrumors newbie

just another data point, same thing happened to me. tracking was fine for a while, then returned to sender. Never made it past PA, I'm in CA. Maybe they realized this batch that went out had faulty taptic engines? :) who knows. Apple Support doesn't know why either.

18. Carbonfiberman macrumors member

Just happened to me too. 42 mm stainless with black sports band. Currently on hold with apple support waiting to talk to "upper management" the customer service girl said I'm not supposed to say this but I don't know what's going on and I'm not sure what to do" -her exact words!! I'm trying to remain calm, but I'm really pissed now!!! This is by far the worst experience I've had with an apple product launch.

19. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

Mine has been acting similar although I haven't received a return to sender yet (hopefully). How did you make out with Apple?

20. Beaverman3001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, mine is definitely one its way back to Apple according to the tracking. Be great if Apple could explain it. Guess I'll be calling back again in a little bit to complain.

21. ckiggins macrumors 6502

Luckily mine made it through and is out for delivery this morning. Good luck!

22. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

I just got this from Apple Chat:

"Thank you so much for your patience! It seems that a lot of customers are getting this message from UPS today. Stay with me, we are trying to find out the issue. I may need you to contact our Customer Service Dept by phone. But we are still checking."

23. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Ask them to have Customer Service call YOU! It's not fair to make you wait in the queue - you've already reported the problem. They should do a warm hand-off and call you back.

24. Beaverman3001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well thats good and bad, hopefully someone there can give an answer. Unfortunately mine has already departed PA for CA though :(

25. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD