Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bookcase

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
I posted this in another thread: This starting happening on my S7 after I installed watchOS 10. I reset twice, did the update, nothing. After a lot of troubleshooting, I went to my iPhone settings > weather > location: always. And that seems to have fixed the issue for me.

neilrajan1794

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
i have the same issue on my series 7 gps model ..there is also another issue i have been having along with this is that if i have the weather conditions complication in the middle of the modular watch face it says "loading weather"..it says this for hours together ..after a while it suddenly works like normal by displaying the weather data and then after sometime again switches back to the same "loading weather' message..this is also the case if i have any of the weather widgets in my smart stack . even in the smart stack it says "loading weather"....the default location for the weather app is set to current location. i have tried every fix possible ..multiple resets , unpairing and pairing the watch , hard reboots,etc . also updated the watch to the latest watchos 10.0.1 and the issue still exists .weather complications have become useless right now for me .. i really hope they fix it soon

• Wow
Reactions: sidewinder3000

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
Same issue here. Weather also won't show my current location only London. Location services are all enable and set to always on the phone.

IMG_0015.JPEG

IMG_0016.JPEG

• Wow
Reactions: sidewinder3000

MikeMcCollister

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2021
Charlottesville, Virginia
I found that when my complication has a dash on it that when I tap it the information gets loaded in the weather app. Then, after I get back to the watch face, the complication has the correct information.

MikeMcCollister

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2021
Charlottesville, Virginia
I posted this in another thread: This starting happening on my S7 after I installed watchOS 10. I reset twice, did the update, nothing. After a lot of troubleshooting, I went to my iPhone settings > weather > location: always. And that seems to have fixed the issue for me.
Curious. I have had that set to always for at least a year now.

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
So I managed to get the complications to show some data, but it still only using London and current location is nowhere to be seen in the Weather app on the Watch. On my phone it's fine and set to always location.

neilrajan1794

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
I found that when my complication has a dash on it that when I tap it the information gets loaded in the weather app. Then, after I get back to the watch face, the complication has the correct information.
can you check if your weather data is accurate in the weather widget in the smart stack ?

BeerDrinkerDan

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2022
This has happened on my S8 after every OS update (major or minor) since I got it. It has gone away after Y (5? 15?) minutes.

-dan

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
Adding another location on my watch seems to have kicked it into life.

neilrajan1794

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
Same problem here on my Series 7 SS, even after setting up phone and watch as new....hopefully they release an update soon to sort it out!
does the hourly weather conditions complication in the watchface and widget stack say ''loading weather'' in your case?

Spenny25

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2016
UK
does the hourly weather conditions complication in the watchface and widget stack say ''loading weather'' in your case?
Yes, nothing seems to force them to refresh...also tried adding a new location to the weather app, again no change. really frustrating.
Can't understand how this wasn't addressed during the Beta's....Guess all we can do is wait for the next update

Reactions: poppe

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
Yes, nothing seems to force them to refresh...also tried adding a new location to the weather app, again no change. really frustrating.
Can't understand how this wasn't addressed during the Beta's....Guess all we can do is wait for the next update

In the beta I had it worked on my series 7. New series 9 not on beta and it has stopped.

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Same issue here, upgraded from Series 8 to Series 9. Cannot even get the app to mirror my phone. Adding a location does not change the complication nor does it show up automatically. Tried rebooting both devices, no luck or change.

Likely off topic, looks like Apple is having a slew of service issues. My AppleCare+ coverage does not reflect properly for my iPhone 15 Pro.

Reactions: poppe

David Knowles

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
Same here. I went from a 7 to a 9. Weather just has the two lines. The list just shows NY and Cupertino.

Glad I’m not the only one!

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    561.3 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: GeneticBloom

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Seems like the issue is specific to using ‘current location’. If you add another location, change the Watch setting to use that manually added city, complication updates fine. Could be a workaround, just add your current city. Definitely not working as intended though.

Guessing 10.0.2 incoming soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.