Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

David Knowles

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
What’s wierd is I added my home city to the watch weather app and it still doesn’t show anything

The new phone and watch for me did not go as well as it’s has in the past. Some my fault, others not.

After pairing the watch to the new phone, I had the phone on my desk and it kept telling me to pair the watch with the phone. So I’m like OK I’ll do it again I did it and then I realized I was using the wrong phone. I really shouldn’t try to work while doing this..,

• Haha
Reactions: ecthomp and cwanja

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
What’s wierd is I added my home city to the watch weather app and it still doesn’t show anything
Think that’s because the complication still defaults to what settings you have configured in the Watch app. Adding other cities gives you the ability to see them once you are in the app.

David Knowles

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
The settings in the watch app do not reflect what is being shown on the watch

What I change in the app is not what is showing on the watch.

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas

Matthias46

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2014
I have the same problems with my Ultra and 15 Pro Max. Thought was the change of iPhone but seems like a bug.

We are too many with the same problem :(

Rich74

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
Same error had a complication (lol) in the middle quadrant of my series 9 constantly saying ‘loading weather’ but click on it and it brings up the weather perfectly.

Couple of reboots both watch and phone same outcome.

Rich74

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
I posted this in another thread: This starting happening on my S7 after I installed watchOS 10. I reset twice, did the update, nothing. After a lot of troubleshooting, I went to my iPhone settings > weather > location: always. And that seems to have fixed the issue for me.
Mines always been always.

Reactions: Matthias46

dsabathi

macrumors member
May 8, 2019
same issue with my new UW2. Hope this is a bug and not an other new feature..
Changing to an other watchface brings the values back for some minutes, but than they are replaced by -- again.

Reactions: jmacis and LiE_

Psdn

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2021
Same here - Annoying 🤷🏻‍♂️
Haven’t checked my “old” AW Ultra…

Attachments

• IMG_1519.jpeg
    IMG_1519.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 56

childoftheko4n

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2011
same issue here on both mine and my wife's phone/watch. Tried everything, Got it to work yesterday for a bit, then stoped today.

Got it to work this morning on mine again by unpairing the watch and repairing, well see how long it works

MacBird

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2010
Changing the watch face and then back to my regular watch face fixed it for a while but back to the dashes after an hour or so. It also took quite a while until all my weather location showed up in the watch. Hoping for an update soon.

irod87

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2012
Seems like the issue is specific to using ‘current location’. If you add another location, change the Watch setting to use that manually added city, complication updates fine. Could be a workaround, just add your current city. Definitely not working as intended though.

Guessing 10.0.2 incoming soon.
Did this as a temp workaround.

Spenny25

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2016
UK
See my posts above, there is an actual fix for this.

No workaround needed. Has not reverted and the Weather app on the watch fully works with my location.

Edit: direct link https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...in-complication-problem.2403847/post-32541334
Try rebooting your watch.....once you do that it will go wonky again. Does the Smart Stack widget update or show 'Loading Weather'?
Tried all the fixes on these boards, including erasing both the watch and phone and setting them up as new devices and still it does not work....

Reckon the only real solution is a patch from Apple

Kaw2213

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2019
Having the same issues here. Locations are not syncing between the iPhone and Watch. Even when separately picking a location for the watch, the widgets do not work.

Some other WatchOS 10.0.1 Issues:

- Issues with some 3rd party widgets updating
- Battery life issue - today lost 10% in first hour of wearing the watch with minimal use

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Try rebooting your watch.....once you do that it will go wonky again. Does the Smart Stack widget update or show 'Loading Weather'?
Tried all the fixes on these boards, including erasing both the watch and phone and setting them up as new devices and still it does not work....

Reckon the only real solution is a patch from Apple
I reset my location settings and it worked. And sticks. No patch needed

Spenny25

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2016
UK
I reset my location settings and it worked. And sticks. No patch needed
Glad its working for you and I really wanted the fix to work on mine.....however my experience and troubleshooting with both mine and my wife's devices would suggest that it will likely play up again......
There appear to be quite a few people on here who are having problems, especially those setting up new phones and watches from scratch, so to need to reset settings which technically have been reset after setting up from new seems like an issue with the software, hence the need for a patch/update.

neilrajan1794

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
Glad its working for you and I really wanted the fix to work on mine.....however my experience and troubleshooting with both mine and my wife's devices would suggest that it will likely play up again......
There appear to be quite a few people on here who are having problems, especially those setting up new phones and watches from scratch, so to need to reset settings which technically have been reset after setting up from new seems like an issue with the software, hence the need for a patch/update.
yup i have tried every fix as well . reset location settings multiple times , uninstalled and reinstalled the weather app as well but the issue keeps coming back after a couple of hours

Reactions: Spenny25
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.