Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobcomer

macrumors 601
May 18, 2015
I don't have the complications problem, nor bad battery life with my U2, but I do have the too dim problem in darkened rooms. I really wish they'd fix that. So far they wont even acknowledge it. I can read the watch in total darkness, but just have a little bit of light in the room, and I might as well not be wearing a watch at all it's so useful. And forget about night mode, that is never seeable except in fully lit rooms.

Reactions: hsotnicam8002

goonie4life9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2010
This is what happens when you make secrecy your number one value and push everyone to release at the same time. No one can have in-depth discussions (secrecy) and everyone is stretched too thin to check even fundamental components (release at the same time).

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
I've seen that referenced over and over in regards to the phone, but not the watch.

Either way, as you said, Apple has said nothing of the sort. It's all hearsay from people who don't know what they are talking about.
10.x was the first time I had battery complaints with my Watch. I didn't have it with previous versions of WatchOS, including WatchOS 9 just before I upgraded. Ironically, I generally don't have problems with my iOS updates either.

I've also had a few weird bugs with 10.x, like an unresponsive black screen for short periods.

Reactions: rchornef and Slix

technole

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
I already got an AppleCare ticket to replace the battery in my S6 since it's 77% capacity now. 10.1 probably just made me notice how bad it was getting.

sparkhill

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
After lots of troubleshooting, the app MobyFace was causing battery drain of 8-10% per hour and interfering with the ability to fully charge.

Last edited:
Reactions: brucemr

victorvictoria

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2023
I looked at the battery setting for the watch, and saw that Maps was using more power than any two other apps. So I turned the setting on my iphone to "ask me" instead of "while using" and turned off "precise location." Problem solved.

Reactions: Jxdawg

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2004
This is for my series 6 with 80% capacity. This doesn’t seem terrible but I do seem to have random times where I’m doing little with the watch and it drains itself. When I’m doing something (as I was in the time before charge) seems more normal.

Attachments

• incoming-FC4DFB91-8AF1-44E9-BB80-6BCDAA787B47.png
    incoming-FC4DFB91-8AF1-44E9-BB80-6BCDAA787B47.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Diopter

Mizouse

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2014
My AWU is still on 9.6.3 and the battery drains much faster after I upgraded from my 12 Pro Max (on iOS 16) to a 15 Pro Max. Before I used to get almost 3 days worth of battery, now its maybe 1.5 days. I definitely need to charge every night now where as before I could go without charging for 2 nights.

Steve Ballmer

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2009
Redmond, WA
Just look at their recent track records going back to several years. Blindly defending them doesn't help anyone.
I'm not blindly defending them. I'm saying there is no world that exists where it's possible to release perfect software that never needs updates. No matter how much testing you do, there is always an edge case that exists where something goes wrong. If you want to release software as stable and perfect as possible, it's not getting released for a very long time.

If we still lived in the days when you needed to get physical media every time an update was released, that'd be one thing. Nowadays you install an update and the specific issue is fixed. I'd rather have software that exists imperfectly than no software at all.

Reactions: Slix

cjbryce

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2008
London
Ah, I thought it was just the batteries starting to wear out in my two year-old watch and that of my partner. Actually pleased to know it's a bug.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
When I ask my watch to call a local business, and it asks if it found the right now, I press yes and then it googles the word yes. fix that.

I tell it to call my mother, saved as Birthgiver in my phone. It calls a local hospital birthing unit instead. fix that.

I tell it to do literally anything and it interprets me in the dumbest way possible. Siri has gotten dumber with each update. I'm seriously looking at jumping ship next update.

• Haha
Reactions: HazeAndHahmahneez

Wig321

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2018
Sleep focus mode (manually turned on and off by me each night) does not work reliably anymore. I’ve had several nights with nothing tracked. I’ve never had this problem before, only with watchOS 10.

t0rqx

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2021
Great release an update f up the battery to force people upgrade faster. There is a pattern here.

Reactions: k1121j

k1121j

Suspended
Mar 28, 2009
New Hampshire
Thank goodness I thought it was just me. It’s going from full charge to zero on 60 min. After the second charge I’m good all day super weird

k1121j

Suspended
Mar 28, 2009
New Hampshire
Great release an update f up the battery to force people upgrade faster. There is a pattern here.
My home pods (all 6 of them) started with a horrible delay in reaction to requests about 3- 4 months ago. I bet a new one will be out soon. 🙄

Reactions: t0rqx
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.