"We Have an iPhone reserved for you"

fender57

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Anyone else get this message? When I started the process it said "Delivers on 9/19" but
I'm wondering if that ship has already sailed for me.

Attachments

herdinoh

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Anyone else get this message? When I started the process it said "Delivers on 9/19" but

I got that...but I cannot find any confirmation email or anything else....this is so strange..

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
Same message here. I take it as they are holding a phone for you in a virtual cart so that you don't miss out on getting it on the launch day. It said also that they'll send a link in an email that Needs to be complete in 24 hours from the email. Seems legit to me.

DaBlackMamba

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
I got the same message and when I went to the status site it found my reservation number and it said they will email me when ready. I got it right as the app started working too, so hopefully this means we get it on the earliest possible day still.

fender57

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
I checked that link too. Seems legit. Hoping for the best and keeping my fingers crossed. I have not clicked a purchase button yet so no biggie, I can wait and walk in if this doesn't work out.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2009
They do this when their link to the carrier crashes. They will delay verification of your contract status until the connection clears up. Then they contact you in a few hours to update you.

The phone is reserved for you, you won't lose your place.

ceaguila

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2013
I got the same message and I'm not even pre-ordering anything. I just wanted to check my upgrade pricing elegibility o_0 WTF

EM2013

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2013
I got this message when I hit check upgrade even though I hadn't even selected a phone. What a mess this yr.

DaBlackMamba

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
They do this when their link to the carrier crashes. They will delay verification of your contract status until the connection clears up. Then they contact you in a few hours to update you.

The phone is reserved for you, you won't lose your place.
I hope so! They better not **** us over

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Got that message too. Unfortunately, it was after I was adding it to my cart and it said ships in 7-10 business days. Does this mean we're in a virtual queue?

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
I got that as well. And I was on the app as soon as it went live. Was everyone ATT? It said it could not reach my carrier.

Yesterday when I checked my eligibility, I qualified for the partial upgrade of 649 for the plus 64. Just now when I checked the ATT site, they weren't allowing me to purchase any iPhone (unless it was a new line). I have two phones and only ordered the one phone through Apple but ATT wouldn't let pre-order another.

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
Does anybody know if you can keep trying to order a phone, even though they've got a spot reserved?

lsbuffs

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2009
I just put my reservation number in that site and it said it couldn't find it. I have a screen shot but concerned the Apple site doesn't return any information on the order.

DaBlackMamba

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
I got that as well. And I was on the app as soon as it went live. Was everyone ATT? It said it could not reach my carrier.

Yesterday when I checked my eligibility, I qualified for the partial upgrade of 649 for the plus 64. Just now when I checked the ATT site, they weren't allowing me to purchase any iPhone (unless it was a new line). I have two phones and only ordered the one phone through Apple but ATT wouldn't let pre-order another.
I was AT&T. I think we are good though.

----------

I just put my reservation number in that site and it said it couldn't find it. I have a screen shot but concerned the Apple site doesn't return any information on the order.
Mine was not working initially, but then started working keep checking.

Garvorious

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
I have a code and it shows up on buyiphone.apple.com/status.
When I reserved it on my iPad it gave me that screen.

Tried ordering Silver 64GB 6+ on Sprint.

Does this mean I have one ready to hold for me to purchase?

EDIT: The reservation is gone?! What the heck??
EDIT2: Sprint Store is working for me, gonna try that asap.

Last edited:

ghsNick

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
I got the same message and when I went to the status site it found my reservation number and it said they will email me when ready. I got it right as the app started working too, so hopefully this means we get it on the earliest possible day still.
I checked my status and nothing went through, even though I have a confirmation number.

----------

Im Verizon and I got the same thing
I got the same thing on Verizon (PS - remove that code so others don't have it!)

d0r1en0

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
San Diego
I got that message as well. Ended up getting 2 different reservations when the app timed out. Ended up getting my wife's and my order through, so now I don't need them. I'm wondering if I can give them away?

vitacura

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2014
AT&T here and got the same message. When I did, it showed delivery on 9/19, sure hope it stays that way once we are able to complete the order.