Wednesday...new MBP or update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Update. Have you bothered to check any of the other dozens of already existing threads about that "issue"?
I want more and more and more threads just like this one!

It's not like the OP has been around long enough to know how to find these alleged other threads....

Oh. Probably an update announcement. I bet they won't ship until March.

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
Oh. Probably an update announcement. I bet they won't ship until March.
So Apple would sell about 3 MacBooks in the two months in between?

No-one really knows when so your guess (and the guesses in 50 other threads) will be as good as ours.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
So Apple would sell about 3 MacBooks in the two months in between?

No-one really knows when so your guess (and the guesses in 50 other threads) will be as good as ours.
Apple has done it before- they've announced machines at MWSF, or at another event, which didn't ship until 4-6 weeks later.

I never said I have inside information. But, instead of basing my guess on hope, I'm basing my guess on past information and on the fact that they are working with a new chipset which wasn't released by Intel until earlier this month.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
I love threads like these. Seriously, I can assure you that the R&D costs for the unibody enclosure are immense and as such we will not see a deviation from this for a number of years. Apple doesn't like change (unless your an iPhone)

updated specs sure, but there is no reason to go to an entirely newBook Pro

smc333

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2010
Boston, MA
I think it's a matter of a spec bump, no major changes, because the uMBP right now is a fine hardware design. Even if it's not i5, they have to bump the specs, the 15" base model is an outright crime for the price, though I really want to get one if they make it more reasonable for the price.

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2009
As stated I'm not concerned about a speed bump this wednesday. Why? See sig.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Obnoxious much?

All I ever see you do is attempt to brag about a silly computer. You never have anything good to add.

EDIT: I briefly looked through your post history, and it's true: The majority of your posts simply make a silly comment about your MBP, and include a 'thumbs up' or a 'thumbs down'. I mean, what's your point?

I agree with what Mintin8 wrote below.

Mintin8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2009
United Kingdom
OP, as others have stated, you can use mroogle to search for threads just like this. You may find your answer there.

Shambo, you should be banned.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
OP, as others have stated, you can use mroogle to search for threads just like this. You may find your answer there.

Shambo, you should be banned.
If you removed shambo's posts that have nothing to do with why he/she futureproofed his/her investment with a matte screen etc, there wouldn't be a whole lot left.

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2009
So in essence people aren't allowed an opinion because you disagree with it? :rolleyes:

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
So in essence people aren't allowed an opinion because you disagree with it? :rolleyes:
We have been over this before.

That's be like me running around these forums saying, "that's why I put a 7200 rpm hd in my 17" MacBook Pro and futureproofed my investment" to every thread. Do you see how that isn't really worth anything...

While obviously no. Nevermind.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Of course people are allowed an opinion here, but sometimes people like you seem to try to shove their opinion down other throats repeatedly.
That gets boring and frustrating over time, and seems those people are just immature.

I looked at your signature "open letter" and seriously, what is that?

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2009
We have been over this before.

That's be like me running around these forums saying, "that's why I put a 7200 rpm hd in my 17" MacBook Pro and futureproofed my investment" to every thread. Do you see how that isn't really worth anything...

While obviously no. Nevermind.
This thread is about the upcoming update for which I, like others, stated my opinion on it in that I am totally unconcerned about it. Hardly any reason to jump down my throat.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
This thread is about the upcoming update for which I, like others, stated my opinion on it in that I am totally unconcerned about it. Hardly any reason to jump down my throat.

Really?

You're so full of yourself, aren't you?

But all you want is attention, and we give it to you as it seems.

Spandexman

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2009
Jesus, can this not turn into another Shambo bashing thread? If I could be bothered I'd post a link to all the others TheGoldenMacKid-style, but I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.