Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So as @Laird Knox is busy getting some wonderful shots somewhere it falls to me to set this weeks theme.

So we've had a lot of bird phots of late but I thought I'd widen it out to include the bees as well (or another interpretation on that theme!) So let's see your best!

Rules are the same as always -

· The photographs must be your own work.

· Be creative and have fun.

· You may only submit one photo per contest.

· Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

· The contest runs for a week and starts now!

· At the end of the week, last week’s winner will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.

· If the winner is unable to complete the selection within 48 hours of the deadline for close, then a vote will be carried out to select a winner. This will be based on the number of "likes" each image has. In the event of a draw, the second place winner from the previous week will choose the tiebreaker.

· The 1st place winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

· Please update the Weekly Contest Master List when you post a new contest.

I look forward to all your entries.
Have Fun!

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
One Bee :)

DSC01526-X2.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Perhaps it is lost in translation across the Pond, but "Birds and the Bees" is a euphemism, at least in America, for sex education. Parent's having THE talk with their kids, etc. So in your instruction when you stated "or another interpretation of that theme" what other interpretation can there be? :D
Nope it means the same here.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
So as @Laird Knox is busy getting some wonderful shots somewhere it falls to me to set this weeks theme.

So we've had a lot of bird phots of late but I thought I'd widen it out to include the bees as well (or another interpretation on that theme!) So let's see your best!

Rules are the same as always -

· The photographs must be your own work.

· Be creative and have fun.

· You may only submit one photo per contest.

· Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

· The contest runs for a week and starts now!

· At the end of the week, last week’s winner will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.

· If the winner is unable to complete the selection within 48 hours of the deadline for close, then a vote will be carried out to select a winner. This will be based on the number of "likes" each image has. In the event of a draw, the second place winner from the previous week will choose the tiebreaker.

· The 1st place winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

· Please update the Weekly Contest Master List when you post a new contest.

I look forward to all your entries.
Have Fun!

Fascinating competition title.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
View attachment 839270
Well if you take "Birds and the Bees" is a euphemism then this is the result....;):D:D:D

Aw, lucky you, seeing goslings! I’ve been hoping we’d have some on our little lake again this year but it hasn’t happened.....or it could have happened and the goslings didn’t survive due to attacks by predators, which sadly happens all too often. That’s Nature for you!

redshifted

Cancelled
Oct 10, 2014
The concept of competitive spelling will always remain baffling to me.

I also find the hardcore competitive aspect odd.
Both of my kids were recruited by high school teachers to participate in the Scripps Spelling Bees at their district level.
My kids both moved up to the next regional level but never got to the national level.
They never studied. They just loved words and were/are excellent writers.
It was just for fun for them unlike some of the other kids with stage parents pushing them too hard.
The serious competitive aspect was just getting started then and my kids found it odd too.

Spellling will alwaays remane bafling too me. :eek:

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.