Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
So why not do that?

Already grabbed a Note 20 Ultra on another line to try it out while the iPhone 12 is still nowhere to be found. I may very well keep it, get out of the iUP program and be done with iPhones.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Already grabbed a Note 20 Ultra on another line to try it out while the iPhone 12 is still nowhere to be found. I may very well keep it, get out of the iUP program and be done with iPhones.
In the very short time I’ve become aware of you today and read several of your posts, I’ve gotten a concise impression. You portray views that you dislike Apples business philosophies and practises along with the notion they deliberately release sub par and overpriced products. Now here you are claiming to be on a very premium upgrade service and admitting you are toying with the idea of upgrading to an iPhone 12 whilst dangling the admission you’ve bought an android phone and might leave Apple for good.

Are you looking for reactions or hoping you’ll be talked out of it? I think you should go with whatever phone you enjoy using as it doesn’t matter. It’s a phone and the only important choice is the one you as an individual make. I won’t lose sleep over it and neither should you.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Disappointment because iOS 14 is to buggy. I really didn’t want to spend a lot of spare time making widgets and figuring out an operating system which is no longer intuitive (thank you macrumors for all the tutorials)
It seems to me as iOS 14 is a work in progress not a Gold Master version

Buggy how? Aside from the issue with reboots and defaults, my 7+ has been running like an absolute champ on it.
[automerge]1601242426[/automerge]

Oh please please please let this be true...

nill1234

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2012
If the AW wasnt that good i would have switched to the fold only to test it. Bur i would never get a normal Samsung again. My Galaxy phones were always getting slower and slower, last one was the s10.

Adelphos33

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2012
This year seems like the year when non-iPhone products are where you spend your money. I upgraded my Apple Watch this year, the iPad Air and Pro had strong updates, MacBook Air and Pro as well, same with iMac. I am more likely to buy a new MacBook later this year than I am the iPhone 12.

In addition, the lower priced iPhones in recent years have been great buys... I am more interested in the ”regular” line this year based on what has been leaked

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
This year seems like the year when non-iPhone products are where you spend your money. I upgraded my Apple Watch this year, the iPad Air and Pro had strong updates, MacBook Air and Pro as well, same with iMac. I am more likely to buy a new MacBook later this year than I am the iPhone 12.

In addition, the lower priced iPhones in recent years have been great buys... I am more interested in the ”regular” line this year based on what has been leaked

The regular iPhone line is certainly where all the biggest improvements will be. I’m not sure why anybody with an 11 Pro would upgrade to a 12 Pro based on the rumours we’ve seen as like the AW (S5>S6), the differences could well be very minimal. The regular iPhones however are supposedly getting OLED, and various other aesthetic and hardware improvements that make it a bigger jump IMO.

Jon.Stewart87

macrumors regular
May 18, 2008
United Arab Emirates
I agree. Apple shouldn’t have released Maps when they did really, way back in 2012 with the iPhone 5. It was a major marketing point for that keynote and when I got my iPhone 5 like many others, I realised it was absolutely dreadful. It has meant that despite having it on every iPhone since, I just don’t find I use it because other reliable options have earned my confidence. I really don’t know why Apple continued trying to compete in the maps segment.
Yeah it's really a shame. They're in a difficult spot I guess as they can't go back to full-Google Maps support - I just don't understand why they don't dump some of their R&D money into making a killer maps app. It's used by everybody in some way or another - commuters, bikers, walkers, public transit etc.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

Jon.Stewart87

macrumors regular
May 18, 2008
United Arab Emirates
The regular iPhone line is certainly where all the biggest improvements will be. I’m not sure why anybody with an 11 Pro would upgrade to a 12 Pro based on the rumours we’ve seen as like the AW (S5>S6), the differences could well be very minimal. The regular iPhones however are supposedly getting OLED, and various other aesthetic and hardware improvements that make it a bigger jump IMO.
Don't forget the rumored 128GB base storage option - this is the sweet spot for the majority of consumers. I almost picked up a 128GB iPhone 11 but back in June figured I'd wait until "September" lol

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Don't forget the rumored 128GB base storage option - this is the sweet spot for the majority of consumers. I almost picked up a 128GB iPhone 11 but back in June figured I'd wait until "September" lol
I certainly hope that base storage is across the entire range and not just the 12 Pro’s like I saw suggested. It’s a nice thing to have even if I pay for iCloud storage which is beyond what I use.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Actually, this year seems like the year to spend your money on the competition since there are a handful of great phones out now and Apple dropped the ball.
Doesn't seem like there were any balls that were dropped or any balls to drop to begin with. That said, as always, people are certainly free to choose what they want.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Actually, this year seems like the year to spend your money on the competition since there are a handful of great phones out now and Apple dropped the ball.
The only person you need to convince is yourself. Get the phone you want and don’t worry about those of us getting iPhone 12’s. Your choice of what makes a good or better phone makes not one iota of difference to me

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
Two Big Balls:

1. Notch size
3. Faster refresh rate

1. Notch size
2. No 120hz display
3. No significant camera upgrade
4. No 5G on low end model, weak 5G radio on other models
5. Going to be most expensive iPhone ever
6. Months late

Probably more I am forgetting...

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
People who are determined to get the iPhone 12 no matter the specs are still going to purchase it, wether someone else is commenting about how much “Apple dropped the ball”. No amount of complaining on MacRumors is going to convince me not to upgrade to the 12 Pro Max. At this point, buy what works for you wether it’s iPhone or Android.

Last edited:

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
1. Notch size
2. No 120hz display
3. No significant camera upgrade
4. No 5G on low end model, weak 5G radio on other models
5. Going to be most expensive iPhone ever
6. Months late

Probably more I am forgetting...

And yet you're still here, complaining. Just buy that S20 you keep admiring from Samsung and be done with it. Right now your posts feel like they're borderline trolling and you're posting now simply to get negative reactions.

vipergts2207

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
And yet you're still here, complaining. Just buy that S20 you keep admiring from Samsung and be done with it. Right now your posts feel like they're borderline trolling and you're posting now simply to get negative reactions.

I’m actually enjoying how salty he clearly is over the known delay. I also see in recent posts he’s now moving his own goal posts. First the regular models wouldn’t come until November and now he’s saying October, and the Pro models wouldn’t come until December, now he’s saying November. So basically he’s moving his goal posts to what everybody has been expecting and saying for awhile now. ?

Smart money all along has been 10/13 for the event, 10/16 regular pre-orders, and public release on 10/23. The Pro’s are a little hard to predict, but mid to late November for pre-orders and release are good assumptions.

Last edited:

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
And to think, all his negativity stems from the fact that he has to make more than 12 payments on his IUP plan because "Apple screwed up" and the new shiny iPhone isn't ready yet.

Reactions: TiggrToo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.