What car Steve Jobs drives?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iris_failsafe, Jun 10, 2007.

1. iris_failsafe macrumors 6502

iris_failsafe

Im wondering what kind of car he drives, my guess is a BMW probably a 5 or 7 series...

but does anyone actually knows?

2. wonga1127 macrumors 6502

Its a Mercedes, it was on digg a little while ago. I'm not sure which kind, just go visit Cupertino and look for a Benz without a license plate in the handicap spot, thats where Stevie-boy likes to park.

Edit: Found the link.

3. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

or he could be cool and hip and have an X5... we get our new one in September...

4. 66217 Guest

It seems to be a Mercedes SL55 or SL65 AMG.

I really don't know about cars that much. But I can tell that AMG is synonym of expensive and nice.:)

Maybe he calls his car the iCar.:p

5. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

MB SL

i expected him to drive something more interesting.

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

*blinks* How is that legal? :confused:

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^^No idea, but if that's the case, I don't like how Steve thinks he's above the law. Clearly that can't be legal.

I like how Chris Pirillo drives an Acura TSX. It's kind of funny when you first think about it, although not nearly as funny as the Lincoln Continental that Ballmer drives. :p But if you think about the TSX a bit more, it really is quite a nice car, and even more expensive cars aren't going to be a lot better....not unless you're going for performance, where a nice Porsche will obviously be better than a TSX.

But me, if I became very rich tomorrow, I'd probably keep the 2005 Hyundai Getz I have now and use it as my main car. :eek:

8. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

its not. when he gets pulled over, he just pays the fines i hear. i've seen him driving around in it. i live about a mile from him. (thats right, less than a mile of where the very stevenote giver himself is, less than 12 hours from when the very stevenote commences)

9. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

The Benz is a far shoot from the VW Bus he used to have.

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Wow, I wanna slap whoever wrote that.
    Right, even though the personal computer existed before Dell's 1984 founding...
    Yes it is.
    It's an SL55.
    Actually, it's a synonym for expensive and FAST. Twin turbo V12? Holy overkill Batman!

11. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

so have you ever thought of going into burglary? and finding out what cool unreleased products he uses in his house.

12. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

It's not legal for him to park in the handicapped parking places either, but that doesn't seem to bother him. ;)

That attitude of his is actually quite annoying.

Maybe he needs to have a little chat with Martha Stewart. :p

13. 66217 Guest

I don't want to see the gas receipts of Steve.:D That thing must consume a gigantic amount of gasoline.

14. Baron58 macrumors 6502

15. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I could have guessed Steve Balmer drove a Lincoln Continental. And no offense to Mr. Dell, unless you are driving an H1 hummer, you are a jerk. I say that because the H1 is a novelty, the H2 is usually a jerk trying to look cool, and an H3 is a jerk trying to look cool on a budget.

Seriously the president of my dads company drives nicer cars than some of these billionaires- a 2005 Porsche Carrera and a 2004 BMW 745i.

I can see steve driving an SL, but I think he should get a range rover. I think he would appreciate the artistically inspired interior.

16. Queso macrumors G4

Don't the choices say a lot about the people though? Gates with his old money goes for a classic 911 sports. Ellison goes for the ultimate in luxury. Steve goes for the best mix of cool and comfort. Dell for something brutish and utilitarian.

And Ballmer goes for something that looks like crap :D

17. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

can i ask what the American obsession with big cars is all about? Here, a Hummer H3 is a wanker's car. It towers over everything else on the roads. The sad thing is about it, it has less power, less torque, less pots, a smaller engine, and uses a crapload more fuel than this car, the basic Holden Commodore.

18. 173080 macrumors 6502

I think his attitude is rather inspiring. :D

It's not like he's affecting anyone by driving without plates.

About the handicap spots. I'd be a hipocrite if I criticised him for that, because I do the same thing.

19. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

There was a rumour going around when I was with Apple that someone caught him parking where he shouldn't (not sure if it was a handicapped spot or blocking traffic), and etched "Park Different" in the dust on the hood of his car; and was fired because of it.

I don't know if that's true or not - who knows if internal rumours are any more accurate than external ones!

Supposedly his car was caught on Google Street View, I've no idea where though.

20. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

From having no license plates and parking in handicapped spots he sounds like a bit of an arrogant git. :mad: So I am going to steal his car. Without plates theres no way they can track me :D

21. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You took this info from a random guy in the Comments section. How legit.

And besides, the only way people would know to steal Steve Jobs' license plate is probably if his plate said something like "StveJobs" or "AppleInc" or something like that. Most people who own a Mercedes don't have their plate stolen so many times, do they?

Well that doesn't make it any less dumb or selfish, does it.

Some people actually need those spots for legitimate reasons, like every person who has ever angered Chuck Norris, for example.

22. martinmartin macrumors 6502

The SL55 doesn't have a V12, is has a V8. The SL65 has a V12. From the picture above (where there is no license plate), it is difficult to tell what the model is but I'd guess 55 because of the wheels. In either case, it is still very expensive and fast. ~130k for the 55 and ~190k for the 65.

Attached Files:

• sl.jpg
      sl.jpg
      File size:
      59.9 KB
      Views:
  23. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

[​IMG]

24. wizwaz3 macrumors 6502a

wizwaz3

Since that link didn't prove a thing, I'm just going to assume it's not really that way.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had someone go outside and put the plate on every time he wanted to go somewhere. Rich peeps have some crazy ticks.

Have you seen the inside of a Benz? It's one of the most expensive car makers in the world... They're definitely going to pay close attention to everything. :)