Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
I just put a BSE on my iPhone's glass... went on pretty good (with the exception of one finger print on the left side). I left the back naked for the time being....

ziggie216

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
I'm kinda disapointed about the Griffing Nu Form white case I got for my black iphone.. looked pretty good online.. but in reality.. its ugly.. should gone w/ the gray

s00nertp

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
ghost armor for iphone 3g (review)

I purchased ghost armor based on the reviews from this forum. I figured I should share the results because of that.

NOTE: I have not used/tried any others.

it comes with:
ghost armor pieces (front/back, 2x sides, top/bottom)
rubber wedge to push out bubbles with
clear liquid "activator" spray

3 Issues with Ghost Armor
1) the front side fit well, but there is a line in the middle of the screen that looks like a defect in the lcd. I removed and added the ghost armor again and it is still there. Obviously it is not there when the ghost armor was removed. It is about an inch long and 2 mm wide, and is extremely annoying.

2) the back side fits well except for the corners. I almost thought they sent the wrong back because 3 of the 4 corners bubble out. It looks very ugly, unprofessional, and I hate it. I am going to return that part, as it is unacceptable.

3) Putting ghost armor on isnt that hard, but getting the bubbles out and centering everything before it dries is a freaking pain. I saw the youtube videos & thought it would be easy. it isnt. There is always some part that sticks and you have to be careful to make sure the liquid spray they give you doesnt drip into the iphone. It took me about 5-10min and still doesnt seem 100% "right". There are about 3/4 areas that look like a iphone rash or something. I tried taking it off & putting it back in those areas & it got better, but it is still there. The supplied rubber tool was very very helpful. At first I didnt think it would help.

I have not called their support yet, etc. I already spent so much time with this.

cookiemoose

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
I just ordered a iSkin Revo2 in Sonic...

Looks awesome, and I have heard nothing but glowing reviews from any of the previous Revo owners...

http://www.iskin.com/revo2_overview.html

I had the original Revo. Big mistake. The viser was cumbersome, and the screen protector really hard to apply without bubbles.

As for the silicone case itself, after a few months it started tip rip in the top corners (I was always gentle with it), and the case was never tight around the edges so it would easily let dirt into the case. This was especially annoying if the dirt was of a gritty nature (like sand) which would get trapped and then proceed to happily scratch the chrome bezel until it was cleaned.

This is my personal experience with it, I'm sure other people with their glowing reviews found it perfect for their needs. But for me personally, would never buy one again.

I really don't know what to buy for my 3G, I think a hard case is the way to go. Almost bought the Capsule Rebel, but after reading a few posts it seems to have a few issues like the platic sagging a the bottom :(

ahcl20

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
Have these cases/pouch for my Iphone 3g:

1. Sena slim pouch. It's the model for the original Iphone but fits the 3G fine, albeit a little too snug. Used it as a stop gap till the hardcases came out!

2. Griffin Wave. Grip and feel is excellent. However tended to attract dust rather easily and was a bit awkward to fit onto phone. Also didn't like the screen protector that came with it so bought the Powersupport Anti Glare film. It's by no means a bad case and a bit more stylish than most hard cases.

3. Switcheasy Capsule Rebel. No need to repeat the ill-fitting soft plastic problem here. Have emailed Switcheasy and waiting to hear back from them about returns/refunds.

4. Agent18 Clear Shield. I've never used Agent18 hardcases before. I didn't like the look of their cases for the original Iphone. Looked a bit cheap. But I was on the forum looking at another thread on 'naked' cases and someone posted photos of their Clear Shield for Iphone 3G. I love the simplicity and the fact that the whole touchscreen is exposed. Works perfectly with the Anti Glare film.

5. Vaja iVolution Top SP. Still another 13 days to wait for it to come out of the manufacturing process! I'm not sure whether this will be my case of choice in the end. The Agent18 Clear Shield certainly is a worthy challenger...

Highly recommend the Agent18 Clear Shield!

higgalls

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2008
I purchased ghost armor based on the reviews from this forum. I figured I should share the results because of that.

NOTE: I have not used/tried any others.

it comes with:
ghost armor pieces (front/back, 2x sides, top/bottom)
rubber wedge to push out bubbles with
clear liquid "activator" spray

3 Issues with Ghost Armor
1) the front side fit well, but there is a line in the middle of the screen that looks like a defect in the lcd. I removed and added the ghost armor again and it is still there. Obviously it is not there when the ghost armor was removed. It is about an inch long and 2 mm wide, and is extremely annoying.

2) the back side fits well except for the corners. I almost thought they sent the wrong back because 3 of the 4 corners bubble out. It looks very ugly, unprofessional, and I hate it. I am going to return that part, as it is unacceptable.

3) Putting ghost armor on isnt that hard, but getting the bubbles out and centering everything before it dries is a freaking pain. I saw the youtube videos & thought it would be easy. it isnt. There is always some part that sticks and you have to be careful to make sure the liquid spray they give you doesnt drip into the iphone. It took me about 5-10min and still doesnt seem 100% "right". There are about 3/4 areas that look like a iphone rash or something. I tried taking it off & putting it back in those areas & it got better, but it is still there. The supplied rubber tool was very very helpful. At first I didnt think it would help.

I have not called their support yet, etc. I already spent so much time with this.
This is EXACTLY what was wrong with mine. 1) I also had a line in mine that looks like a manufacturing defect. 2) The corners on it are TERRIBLE and don't seem to fit properly. 3) It takes AGES to get it on properly, and when you do get it on, it looks like a rash or some water-mark on it, but this clears up.
They did give me a full-refund straight away after I emailed them with all my problems and requesting a refund. They were very prompt about it and even though I wasn't happy with their product, they should definately be commended for their customer service; something that many companies have lost sight of these days.

Cheers,
Chris

lmps56

macrumors member
May 20, 2008
Canada's Cap.
Incase Protective Case

My baby's tucked in tight in an "Incase Protective Cover".
-Great protection
-sexy look (not as hot as it looks naked though;))
-perfect grip
Unfortunately "Incase" only ships to US addresses.
So it is kind of hard to get your hands on one of those bad boys in the "Great White North".
Ebay FTW!!!

cookiemoose

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
-Great protection
-perfect grip
So it is kind of hard to get your hands on one of those bad boys in the "Great White North".
Ebay FTW!!!

I have been looking at the Incase. How firm is it around the edges? Does it have a hard or soft silione feel to it?

Thanks

Topper82

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008
FastMac

Any ideas on this case...I know it's HUGE but it has some nice features.

http://fastmac.com/iv.php

ivinhand_tn.jpg

ivfront_tn.jpg

ivside_tn.jpg

ivback_tn.jpg

cvong

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2008
-Great protection
-perfect grip
Ebay FTW!!!

I have one too. I love that it has a great grip and offers protection but I've been taking the iPhone in and out of its case and no at the bottom of the case, you can see that the cover is stretching, almost revealing the bezel. :(

So I'm trying to find a better case. I'm thinking either the Capsule Rebel by SwitchEasy or the Belkin Nu Form Case...any suggestions?

vvebsta

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2006
I hope Cozip makes a case for the 3G. Their first iPhone clip on back case was the most subtle and thin case out there for the phone... even if it was only half a case.

agreed... anyone knoe if they are making one?

banilla16

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2008
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any suggestions where to get a thin or even ultra thin case/ skin? Ive already order the invisibleSHIELD cause i had a coupon and i know that its a great product... protects my ipod really really well...

but im looking for something silicon so that it protects it from harsh movements and such....

thanks!

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006

RFR79

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
Bay Area, California
J/k

I was just kidding about wanting the wood case. I saw the video on youtube so I thought I would share my discovery.

Right now I have the Griffin Nu Form in white. The bottom part of the case that slides off is a light grey color and it gets very dirty. I think it has some kind of rubber coating on the plastic. All I know is that I have stained the bottom half of the case to where I hate it now. There is no way to remove the stains either, believe me I've tried.

So I plan on spending the extra money and buying the Vaja ivolution which I believe just became available for the 3g on their website.

http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html

banilla16

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2008
hey i ended up buying the invisiblesheild by zagg (to protect from stratches and marks) and getting an ifrogz silicon case for shock absorption.

I really like the zagg product, even though it was a little tricky to put on... it looks great and doesnt scratch! The ifrogz case is nice and simple... and its a little thinner than most cases so it keeps the streamline effect of the iphone.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-iphone-3g-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

http://ifrogz.com/products.php?cat=430&wrap_overlay=4481|IP3GSiliconeWrapz

enjoy

b00st3d

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2008
New Orleans
I ordered it from the Apple Store and got it three days ago and have been using it since. It replaced an Agent18 (black) that I really didn't like. It's called the Griffin Nu Form and I LOVE it! Thin, dockable and stylish.

i have this one as well...slim design, slides in the pocket nicely and the fit is perfect!

iphonethere4iam

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2008
sweden
Naked but bagged

I really like to use the naked phone; no case, no skin, no shield.
but i do need a bit of protection when carrying it at work, so I carry it in a black, Golla Music Bag Cube.

http://www.golla.fi

functional, unpretentious, and inexpensive;
it even has a pocket for the headphones.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
I just put a BSE on my iPhone's glass... went on pretty good (with the exception of one finger print on the left side). I left the back naked for the time being....

Using the Elan Form now along with the BSE on the front.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.