What case/bag do you have for your MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ivinho, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ivinho macrumors member

Just curious what cases or bags you are using for your MBP. I'm looking for a durable and rugged case/bag for an aluminum MBP 15.4

Thanks

2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Right now, I am using an incase sleeve inside a Timbuk 2 laptop messenger bag. I got the sleeve for free but, will eventually get a Tucano.

3. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

I am using an Incase MBP sleeve and an Oakley backpack.

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

5. Ampidire macrumors 6502

Ampidire

Incase MBP sleeve, same as above, but I use my DaKine Heli Pro :p

Love that thing.

6. warlun macrumors member

[​IMG]
    Pretty Cool bag, lots of protection, but the laptop compartment is not so snug

7. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

I am using a Crumpler King Single, and I love it! Great bag, and very durable!

8. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

I'm using a Crumpler Gimp sleeve inside a Crumpler Ugly Divorce bag. Happy with both.

The Unibody MBP fits nice and snugly in the laptop bag while in its sleeve.

I'm still hoping for a new sleeve that fits the Unibody MBP. I had a 15" sleeve and bought a 15"w (wide) sleeve thinking it would fit the new Unibody MBP better, but ended up taking the 15"w back. Actually the 15"w is not wider, there is just less headroom than the 15". The extra space on the 15", even though it's on the wrong sides, makes it possible to zip around the corners of the Unibody MBP without having to stretch the sleeve. Then there is a bit of a space void at the top and the bottom, but the laptop does not move because the inside curves of the rounded edges hold it in place.

It works but I would not run out and buy a 15" as a substitute for a new 15" resized for the Unibody MBP. Unless Crumpler gets it in gear soon, I'm going to buy a different sleeve for my Unibody MBP.

9. coupdetat macrumors 6502

I have this bag from Coach:

[​IMG]

It's awesome! I always thought Coach was kind of overpriced, but actually this bag was very price competitive with bags from Timbuk2, Crumpler, Waterfield, etc. and a lot better looking IMO. The nylon feels very nice. It's tough and smooth, and it's not that ballistic nylon garbage that feels like cheap plastic. I have a MacBook Air, but it will easily fit a MBP too.

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=11535&category_id=538

10. blurfonz macrumors regular

Coach ? Wow. Is this a dedicated notebook bag or you simply use it for notebook?

Nice!

11. dkhuynh macrumors member

how is the incase? does it work with the new unibody mbp 15"?

12. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

I think its works great even thought its just a bit big as it was intended for the earlier model MBP.

13. dkhuynh macrumors member

does it have a snuggle fit? or is it a little tiny bit loose?

14. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

The sides fit perfect - very snug, no slack. As for the top, there is about an inch between the top of the laptop and the zippers. This I do not mind so the zippers do not rub on the laptop. I see no need to get the Incase sleeve designed for the Unibody MBP as this one works perfect.

15. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Does the Incase sleeve pose a threat to scratch the MBP w/ the zippers? ...or is there a protective layer to safeguard that?

I've got a BOOQ Follee ll and it is very protective w/ loads of compartments.
    I've also got the Incase Neoprene on its way but haven't tried it out yet. I picked up the Incase for quick trips where I don't want to lug around the larger Booq bag.

16. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

No, there is a inseam sowed in the interior that protects the zippers from touching the MBP.

17. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Nice, thats what I would have thought. Some other posters were giving props to one brand for doing that I was wondering why they all wouldn't have that. Makes sense.

18. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

+1

19. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

Booq

[​IMG]

^ This one for me. Most versatile backpack you can imagine. I can fit my digital SLR in along with CDs, DVDs, 17" MacBook Pro, and a jacket...

Highly recommended.

20. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

I've got a Huzzk Sleevie GT which the MBP resides in & then gets put into my various workbags, but for proper out-and-abouting I've got a Crumpler Pretty Boy XL - fits my MBP, D300, 3 lenses, flash, various accessories, and still has a massive amount of space for other things. Great travel bag.

21. Winglet macrumors regular

Winglet

22. dkhuynh macrumors member

does "this one" have a name?

23. str1f3 macrumors 68000

oakley si computer bag

[​IMG]
    going to get the buzz by tom bihn next

24. CrownSeven macrumors member

I've been trying to decide between Tom Bihn, Booq, and another brand i just found about Axio. They have some very interesting products, like this one:

[​IMG]

Here's their website: http://www.axio-usa.com/index.html