Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What colour 4th Gen iPhone will you be buying?

• WHITE

Votes: 161 41.6%
  • BLACK

Votes: 226 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

g33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
London, UK
So it looks like a white one is coming out for 4th Gen.

If rumours are true which are u going for this time round? I went for white last time but im not sure if i will do the same this time... first of all cos it 'looks' larger and secondly its not in fitting with the sleek theme of the alu frame with the white front and back (looks tacky IMHO). however white is an Apple trademark and makes it distinctive?

me votes black

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2007
erf
iiiidooontknooow!

I instinctly like the black, but the white seems soo, i dunno, more special i guess?

I'll be thinking about this long and hard over the next week.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
I'll be getting the fuschia :)

Well, if they still have a few "hidden" colours they haven't told us about. Otherwise I'll just go with the tried and true black.

MRiOS

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2010
I gotta go with White.
I've always gone with the odd colour out (when possible) when I choose my devices. My current phone is one of the original hunter orange EnV phones, so I like it to stick out a little.

grafx

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
ILL HONESTLY take whatever color is NOT sold out when i get to the store..

ImpostorOak

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2009
It seems like a white one would work better with any kind of colored case you might want for it.

And I just think the white one looks cool.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Thr white just doesn't give me the sleekness I enjoy with everything. I'll be going for the black as I do with all my iPhone I've had.

grafx

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
if the iphone FRONT is white like im seeing, i definitely don't want it in white.

id like a black front with white back like now...

white front is so ugly

David87

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2006
Essex, UK
My 3GS is black and I always wished I'd have gone for the white version, so without doubt I'll go for white. Pleased both sides will be white this time - always thought it was slightly mismatched with each side different.

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
My 3GS is black and I always wished I'd have gone for the white version, so without doubt I'll go for white. Pleased both sides will be white this time - always thought it was slightly mismatched with each side different.

I'm thinking the exact opposite. I chose white for my 3G, but black fits in better with my Macbook Pro and iPad, desk, etc.

ViPhone

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2010
Miami, Florida
Black. No question. White is not unique just because a huge majority chooses black. There's a reason for that. I know white is signature to Apple, but more plastic with white on the front and the back makes for an ugly, cheap-looking iPhone. IMO.

chelsea.tone

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2009
Well i'd love a Blue version, but if its White or Black then its White for me. Doesnt show up scratches as much as the Black.

D3lta

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2008
Cupertino, California
My iPhone 3G was white, 3GS was black. I'm leaning towards white again since I liked that color better, but I'm gonna wait until I see some press shots before making my decision.

Anthony T

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
The black will match my MacBook Pro and the white will match the regular white MacBook. Yes, I have OCD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.