Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
I dislike that there is no option for different fonts on the entire MacRumours pages ( like everything Times New Roman).

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
this text is in the times font

You mean like this?

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
The :apple: icon. Sorry is it just me or does anyone else HATE it when members (especially newbies) put :apple:s everywhere they can just because they can? Or how about the signatures that have things like: :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple: in them?
Or the ones that put the :apple: in front of everything like :apple:iPod :apple:Macbook Pro :apple:Mac Pro :apple:Macbook :apple:iMac. Wasn't it added for the :apple:TV?! Yet I almost never see it used for this....

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if it were level with the rest of text, but I still dislike it.

It's probably just me.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
The :apple: icon.

I agree completely. I can't stand the thing. There's a limit to ten smilies per post, and I think that while the limit should remain, the :apple: logo should be limited to one per post.

ZOMG WELL DONE STEVE!!!!!!!! really annoys me too.

I could go on.... ;)

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
I agree completely. I can't stand the thing. There's a limit to ten smilies per post, and I think that while the limit should remain, the :apple: logo should be limited to one per post.

ZOMG WELL DONE STEVE!!!!!!!! really annoys me too.

I could go on.... ;)

I'm glad someone agrees. :)

That bit about the Steve thing also annoys me a bit too.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
"OMG teh graphics suck!"

"The next version's definitely going to have twice the stuff for half as much."

"I'm waiting for rev B."

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Signatures with a text size bigger than 1.

Signatures with annoying colors.

Signatures with your toys listed, I mean, give us a break.

Teenage angst posts except form one certain member.

The over use of "epic _____".

The over use of the :apple: symbol, especially in signatures.

People who list too many gripes.

MacBook Black 2GB 250 HD 10.5* BlueTucano Case* Silver Zipper* power cord*surge protector*velcro cable ties* :D

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
OOooh, in addition to agreeing with all the above, not following the signature rules clearly marked ABOVE the signature box:

Signature rules:
Maximum 150 characters and 6 lines.
No blank lines or lines of punctuation characters!
May not be distracting, oversized, or in conflict with any forum rules.
Please use continuous text rather than many short lines.
For example, use this:
24" Aluminum iMac, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HD ; 4 GB iPod nano
instead of this:
24" Aluminum iMac
2.8 GHz
4 GB RAM
750 GB HD
4 GB iPod nano

:(

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
So what are you saying... you dislike n00bs? ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Sorry Dawg, but people who sign their posts annoy me. :eek: Don't get me wrong I value your input and you always have something constructive to say. But it has been growing on me a bit so who knows, maybe I'll learn to love it. ;)
It's probably just the fact that I know how much it would annoy me to type that after every post.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
I also dislike that you can not delete your own post if you wanted to.

Yes! Especially when things happen like a quote is changed etc or the person you're referring to changes their post. This feature would be nice.

gonyr

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2006
Niagara County, NY
1) the new marketplace rules - I still think everyone should be able to view, and only starting a thread should be limited

2) thread titles like "Help! What should I do?" - I always want to say, "How about learn to write an informative title?"

3) any use of OMG or FTW - no reason, they just bug me

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
Is black/bold an annoying colour (which is not really a colour but oh well)?

No, but bold is unnecessary. Why use your signature to draw attention away from your post?

You wouldn't sign a letter with a heavier marker pen than you wrote the body of the letter with, would you? Unlikely, because it would draw the eye elsewhere.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
overzealous forum police who are not mods...

i wish that some threads wouldnt get wastelanded so easily

also hate toys in signatures or people always complaining when a young person has nice things. i always hear comments like "you dont deserve or pay for it while i had to pay for it and walk to school in the snow uphill both ways" lol

i do love forum spy though. greatest tool for me on these forums bar none!

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
overzealous forum police who are not mods...
Definitely. Including those who try to answer for the mods at every available opportunity. You're trying too hard. It's embarrassing. The mods know you're here.

My own: people who title or start posts "So, I was...". It sounds like a frickin' stand-up comic routine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.