Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdp5008

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2006
Florida
I dislike not being able to even look at Marketplace posts. I have had several perfect transactions on this site. At the very least I like to look at prices from these forums to see what good deals are at other sites.

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
I dislike the numerous pointless posts. "The iPhone only has one speaker!?!?!?" one is a good example. Nothing that some good old common sense can't cure.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
then why exactly are you here? :confused::rolleyes:

i can't say that there is much to dislike about this place, but the whining can get to be a bit much. seriously.

I hate whinging, all they ever do is whinge, whinge whinge whinge. It really annoys me when people come on here with the express purpose of whinging about the minutæ of the products. I mean, who would want to just come here to whinge?

Whingers make me sick.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
This isn't really something I hate about Macrumors, but on more than one occasion I have seen people say 'wa-la' when they mean 'voilà'

Also people give all sorts of statistics that really have no statistical back up: 1 in five people use X app, 89% of Mac users drink X soda, studies show..., et cetera.

VicRattlehead

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2006
i have my bookmark to this forum as the get new posts so it lists just the new posts. the problem i have is on all the other vB im on have a preview when you hover over the title of the thread it gives you the first few lines of the first post.

it helps a TON with posts that people title "I NEED HELP" or other stupid and uninformative thread titles that i see all the time.

Definity

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2008
United Kingdom
I don't like the huge margin on the top, or the useless search forums field when you have it again in the menu bar.

Also, I don't like people getting overly excited or speculative on things that really shouldnt matter.

Another thing, I dislike people who tell others that windows can't support anymore than 3GB of ram when it can and at that, use all the Ram available.

Penultimately, I don't care what kind of set ups you have, or how many things branded by apple that you possess. Fortunately, you can turn off signatures and those horrible avatars in your user CP. As a result I don't get bothered by the black apple sign.

Lastly, I think everyone should type like my mate,

just a giggles®...here /me is...:O))) *runs just a round® the forum giving 'hugggs' to alll those who just a remember® /me...:O)

just a quick® ta for the ol' emale there arc...:O) sooo sorry for takin' soooooo long to just a reply® 'cept real life has been keeping /me pretty busy the past few weeks/months/year...:O(...

n' just a reminder®.../me stillllll isnt programmed to just a think® hehehe

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
Deleting your comments without notice is ridiculously lame. A simple blank edit with a reason in the reason field should be enough.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
All the questions about "Why does only one speaker work on my iPhone?"

Seriously what are we up to? 3 a day?

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
1. The people who jump on the fault bandwagon...

eg. A minor fault is said about maybe 3 times on here in different threads, somebody on engadget/macworld etc writes and article on this, suddenly, EVERYONE has that fault...

2. The very very over the top apple fanboys, I've encountered 2 on here so far, and that was enough...

3. Thread duplications, I swear there's been more of them recently, or maybe I'm now paying attention and reporting them more... :rolleyes:

I'll admit 3 can be said about any forum these days...

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
On the flip side... PC fanboys <trolls> cruising the Mac site looking for action

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
The incorrect spelling of its name (nice to see it correctly spelled in this thread title)...

ShaneR

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
pompous a**holes...i.e. when someone asks a question that is responded with a sarcastic, superority-complexed remark posted by someone who was probably picked last in dodgeball in gradeschool.

Sorry that some people don't know everything there is to know...if that weren't the case, there would be no reason for forums, correct?

yeah..

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
it helps a TON with posts that people title "I NEED HELP" or other stupid and uninformative thread titles that i see all the time.
Then click this icon
report.gif
on the first post and report it, suggesting a more informative title. :rolleyes:

All the questions about "Why does only one speaker work on my iPhone?"

Seriously what are we up to? 3 a day?
Reason 891,526 why I try to keep out of the iPhone forums. Love the website btw ;)

The incorrect spelling of its name (nice to see it correctly spelled in this thread title)...
Well said. I always visit http://www.macrumours.co.uk ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.