What do you do for a living?

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
The poor section of Connecticut
I was just reading some posts and I started to wonder what every poster does for a living. Myself, I am currently un-employed, but most recently worked in a factory as QC/assembler/machine operator. What do you do for a living and what would you LIKE to do for a living?

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
well im a full time student (high school), and hold a part time job at CVS as a cashier/stock worker. I average about 14 hours a week, and at $7.50 and hour im earning more than most 16 year olds that are holding jobs that don't get payed under the table...

As for what i'd like to be, it is a very real possibility that i will be a lawyer or something in the field of law. I'm extremely interested in debate, politics, and essentially everything surrounding that field.:)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
jadekitty24 said:
What do you do for a living and what would you LIKE to do for a living?
I re-do numbers on tax returns ... what I would like to have done earlier on was work in the advertising area or be part of broadcast network personnel who decide what new shows make it for an upcoming season.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I'm a student (high school) and I do the normal stuff....mow some lawns, rake some leaves...:p And I do some hosting and the occasional PC debug service or something.

iSaint

macrumors 603
I'm currently in grad school, the degree which will result in my receiving a secondary teaching license in English. I did the business world for twenty years and hated every minute of it.

My wife is being offered a job that will double her salary, but have her travelling quite a bit. She's thrilled to have been recruited like she was! We're all thrilled about the increase in income!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I worked at Tesco for 3 hours once. and at my mates shop for 2 nights.
Im currently at university and if i worked I wouldnt have time to work on my games, my biggest hobby. my dad earns enough so I dont have to work. but after uni im heading into freelance design, photography and audio production and working for a studio based in town. thats my plan!

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
I'm a uni student/waiter. Although, if all went well, I'll just be a waiter for a while, then back to being a uni student but I won't be a smelly undergrad anymore.

Woo!

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Working for the IT Department at a small private college, amongst a bunch of Mac-haters (well not really, they're just unenlightened). :rolleyes:

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
Right now I have my own little company doing web and online app. At the same time, I am involved with another developing sms, xhtml and imode applications.

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
Student in high school

translation: I do almost no work, get 100s on english tests I don't study for, and live at home. My mom lets me use her credit card to go buy food at the Wal-Mart Market so I can buy all the tofu I need. YUM. I can also sleep for 10+ hours, starting at 6 PM with no repercussions.

Life is sweet right now.

I expect to have a kicked butt this time next year. Freshman year of College and all. :eek:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i'm a college student now, i want to become a producer for tv or something along those lines. As of now, i don't have job, maybe over the summer...

tweakers_suck

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Forensic Scientist. My specialties are in the areas of controlled substances, drug labs, gunshot residue, fire debris, and soon to be explosive materials.

Oh, I also collect evidence from crime scenes. I hate to be woken up in the middle of the night....

Stinkythe1

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2005
I do a variety of things. Most of my time (obviously) is spent on repairing computers at some medical clinics. When those seem to be acting normally, I either design webpages, edit video, design collages, or have to figure out how to do something we've never done before.

I've been fixing their computers for about 6 months now, and I really don't think that I will be able to keep doing it for very long because I'll just go insane, especially after I have switched to mac. I really wish that I could get all of the clinics to dump their Dell's and just get some Mac Mini's, but that's not going to happen because:

1) Their computers would not need to be fixed and our business would suffer.
2) They have some medical records program that only runs on windows.

Sigh....

Oh, I'm also a student studying graphic design.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
Director of Technology... currently suffering though a prolonged period of burn out.
I want to retire SOOOOO bad.