What do you think the new iPhone will look like?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, May 10, 2009.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

Do you have any ideas of what the new iPhone will look like? What comes to your mind when you imagine it?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Like this
    [​IMG]

Honestly, I don't think there will be much changed on the exterior. If anything the back of the iPhone may be altered/updated some how but right now, there's not going to be much updated. I don't think you'll see too much inside updated as well. I consider this update a minor revision, imo.

3. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping for them to not use plastic, or at least not black plastic, I'm also hoping for some slight modifications on the front, maybe a thinner border on the top and the bottom at least, Apart from that, it's pretty perfect as it is!!! I also think that the Apple logo on the back would have looked better in contrasting colour's rather then in chrome, so White Apple logo on the Black back etc....

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The front will be the same. The back will still be plastic, but it will be changed enough that you can tell the difference between it and the current phone. You know, just so people will know you have the newest phone.

I don't know how the back will be different, but it's a given it will be at least a little different.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

6. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I hope that there will be more continuity between the front and back. What I mean is my white iPhone would look better with a white bezel.

So I am hoping they loose the chrome bezel, and integrate it with the back of the phone

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

8. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

How do you know Nick? Or are you just thinking out loud.

9. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Doubt it....I mean the 3G was a pretty small updates...this new iPhone will need to be "big" admittedly, it can't be to big without ditching the old iPhone, but I think it will be bigger the EDGE iPhone to 3G iPhone

11. bigchief macrumors 6502a

The appearence can remain close to what it is now but make it a little thicker to double battery capacity. Make the case out of a stronger material to stop all the cracks and do a better job of weatherizing it.

12. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

13. iansilv macrumors 65816

No it won't! that's a ridiculous idea! Cardboard- that's not much more sturdy than paper! And think of how quickly it would incinerate if it was thrown in a fire...

14. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

Just about fell out of my chair "loling." I think disposable will be the next big thing.;)

15. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Apple has been listening and most will be pleasantly surprised ... All will be surprised.

16. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Anything less than this and I'm sticking with my nokia ;)

Of course, it would need a really thin keyboard design that's similar to the flat keyboards desktop mac's come with to give it that Apple touch but otherwise, I think this is the perfect phone design. A combined touch screen and pop out querty keyboard.

Attached Files:

17. iGeRmAn macrumors regular

So share your wisdom :cool:

18. iGeRmAn macrumors regular

Why then not take the N97...even more ergonomic

Attached Files:

19. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

20. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

I'm seriously considered that exact phone if it's affordable on contract. I wouldn't want something as stingy as the iPhone contract, I get more minutes and texts for £15pm than I'd get for £30 with the O2s contracts and I'm with O2 to start with.

21. iGeRmAn macrumors regular

I know it's off topic but very impressive specs btw :

http://www.nokiausa.com/n97/technicalspecifications

As a long time Nokia-user (n96 at the moment) i hope apple will deliver something comparable so they can call me a satisfied customer by this summer.

22. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Can tell you where that 9 inch multitouch screen went ;)

Attached Files:

23. chox99 macrumors regular

I'm predicting 16:9 w/ bigger(or longer) screen on the front. and matt plastic finish on the back. not much changed appearance wise. :cool:

24. Farns514 macrumors 6502

Farns514

I very much agree with you, one of my buddies that met with someone at apple that is pretty high up with them showed him the next one and he said it will be pretty much the same phone but with just small modifications.

25. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Actually I disagree, the 3G was a big update and opened the door to many many people (including myself) to getting the phone. While the actual number of changes/updates in the iPhone 3g was technically small, it was a large update (quantity vs quality). As was the OS. I think the next update in June will be smaller. Rumors seem to be swirling around about apple updating the camera and may be a few other features but I don't think we'll see anything different then what was already announced for 3.0. That is most of the updates will be software not hardware.