What feature is everybody most excited for in the iPhone 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DarkExistence, Aug 25, 2016.

1. DarkExistence Suspended

DarkExistence

Title says it all basically.

I'm most excited really to see if the home button becomes the force touch feature like everybody is saying . Seems pretty interesting to me!

:)

2. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Agreed...the first step towards narrower bezels.

3. 96-HUDSON-96 Suspended

96-HUDSON-96

I wish but it doesnt seem that way, I'm hoping for a larger battery cause the 6 always runs out too early

4. geta macrumors 6502a

Small bezels in favor of bigger screens, waterproof, fast wireless charging, battery that holds more then a day and super strong body & screen that wont break or dent when you drop it.

Basically all this inside SE body size and weight will make me consider new phone.

Unfortunately we wont see any of this anytime soon...

5. DarkExistence thread starter Suspended

DarkExistence

Ok that does sound interesting. Wireless charging would be great and water proofing

6. niijonodhg macrumors regular

niijonodhg

I'd say bigger battery / much faster charging for me.

7. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

Aside from improved internals/camera upgrade, I so want deep blue in the color range. I've gone from SG to RG now I want another sleek color! :)

8. DNichter macrumors 68040

DNichter

I am looking forward to a capacitive home button, improved audio, better battery life, dual camera feature, improved screens, and increase in ram for the plus model (my first). I will take waterproof, but I have never dropped my phone in water so I don't need it. While I'll take wireless charging, I am hoping it doesn't have to be placed on a pad or something to work. I feel like that is kind of pointless as you can't use your phone at all while it charges.

9. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

question is will there be better battery life even on the plus models? would make battery life really great. Camera is what working i'm looking forward to seeing. Duel camera could be great. Water resistant would be good too if it really is ip68. I hope they will market it as that.

10. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

11. DNichter macrumors 68040

DNichter

I think so. It was reported that some of the space used in the removal of the audio jack would be for a bigger battery. Who knows if that is negated by any other features though. I am thinking Apple can fine tune the 7 to have better battery life.

12. Dave245 macrumors 601

The dual lens camera, I think it will be great. I'm also looking forward to using 3D Touch, since I never brought a 6s im still using a 6 Plus, so I'm looking forward to the features from the 6s and the 7 :D
    --- Post Merged, Aug 25, 2016 ---
    I don't know if it will be waterproof, haven't those rumours died off? I agree on the dual lens camera tho, i think it will be great.

13. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Not likely/basically impossible, but i want a dual lens camera on the non plus model. I hate the large size, but want the best features

14. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Better battery life, more RAM, less bloated software, even better screen, same price for the +, please. Maybe the dual camera will help with my still photos (not a steady hand in using a photo as a camera.)

If it is available, in black. I bought the RG 6s because the black and silver models in both sizes were all duds for me as far as hardware.

15. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

The 4.7" screen screen is fine...any bigger and it would be too much for one-handed use. But if they can shrink the bezels a little, you have the perfect balance of screen and overall size.

More battery has been on my list since the beginning. But with apple's ever-present desire to go lighter and thinner always, it was more a forlorn hope than anything else.

Let's face it, Apple could put a bigger battery at any time...they just seem unmoving when it comes to that.

16. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Definitely dual cameras and waterproofing.

17. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

I'd say...The feature to be able to not have any problem and then the word "gate" to appear :) .

18. Rafterman macrumors 68000

19. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

Dual camera and capacitive home button.

I'd also be a sucker for a space black or blue color option.

20. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

I've heard a lot of people interested in this feature, but I have no idea why. What's the benefit of it being a force touch "button" instead of a regular clicking button?
    I see "duel cameras" written on MacRumors more than I see it spelled correctly. Is that how it's spelled in the UK or something?

In the US, "duel cameras" would be cameras made for fighting.
    "Dual cameras" would mean there are two of them.
    I'm most excited about more RAM, faster processor, better camera, and water resistance.
    And I'm also super excited about watching the presentation and seeing what else they have in store for us that we are completely oblivious to right now.

I'm also excited to downsize from this 5.5" monstrosity that makes it impossible for me to be active with it in my pocket.

21. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

For starters, no dust or water ingress from that part of the phone.

22. DallasManic Suspended

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

24. 96-HUDSON-96 Suspended

96-HUDSON-96

that would definitely get me excited and would buy one of those colours, dunno if I would get a case then as it might hide the aesthetics

25. niijonodhg macrumors regular

niijonodhg

Also a sucker for a proper Black phone. No Space Grey, make it black! :)