Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkExistence

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 11, 2016
Title says it all basically.

I'm most excited really to see if the home button becomes the force touch feature like everybody is saying . Seems pretty interesting to me!

:)

Reactions: 96-HUDSON-96

geta

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2010
The Moon
Small bezels in favor of bigger screens, waterproof, fast wireless charging, battery that holds more then a day and super strong body & screen that wont break or dent when you drop it.

Basically all this inside SE body size and weight will make me consider new phone.

Unfortunately we wont see any of this anytime soon...

Reactions: DarkExistence

DarkExistence

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 11, 2016
Small bezels in favor of bigger screens, waterproof, fast wireless charging, battery that holds more then a day and super strong body & screen that wont break or dent when you drop it.

Basically all this inside SE body size and weight will make me consider new phone.

Ok that does sound interesting. Wireless charging would be great and water proofing

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
Aside from improved internals/camera upgrade, I so want deep blue in the color range. I've gone from SG to RG now I want another sleek color! :)

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I am looking forward to a capacitive home button, improved audio, better battery life, dual camera feature, improved screens, and increase in ram for the plus model (my first). I will take waterproof, but I have never dropped my phone in water so I don't need it. While I'll take wireless charging, I am hoping it doesn't have to be placed on a pad or something to work. I feel like that is kind of pointless as you can't use your phone at all while it charges.

Reactions: kazmac

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
question is will there be better battery life even on the plus models? would make battery life really great. Camera is what working i'm looking forward to seeing. Duel camera could be great. Water resistant would be good too if it really is ip68. I hope they will market it as that.

Reactions: Dave245

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
question is will there be better battery life even on the plus models? would make battery life really great. Camera is what working i'm looking forward to seeing. Duel camera could be great. Water resistant would be good too if it really is ip68. I hope they will market it as that.

I think so. It was reported that some of the space used in the removal of the audio jack would be for a bigger battery. Who knows if that is negated by any other features though. I am thinking Apple can fine tune the 7 to have better battery life.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
The dual lens camera, I think it will be great. I'm also looking forward to using 3D Touch, since I never brought a 6s im still using a 6 Plus, so I'm looking forward to the features from the 6s and the 7 :D
[doublepost=1472126765][/doublepost]

I don't know if it will be waterproof, haven't those rumours died off? I agree on the dual lens camera tho, i think it will be great.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Not likely/basically impossible, but i want a dual lens camera on the non plus model. I hate the large size, but want the best features

Reactions: Howyalikdemapls

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Better battery life, more RAM, less bloated software, even better screen, same price for the +, please. Maybe the dual camera will help with my still photos (not a steady hand in using a photo as a camera.)

If it is available, in black. I bought the RG 6s because the black and silver models in both sizes were all duds for me as far as hardware.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011

The 4.7" screen screen is fine...any bigger and it would be too much for one-handed use. But if they can shrink the bezels a little, you have the perfect balance of screen and overall size.

More battery has been on my list since the beginning. But with apple's ever-present desire to go lighter and thinner always, it was more a forlorn hope than anything else.

Let's face it, Apple could put a bigger battery at any time...they just seem unmoving when it comes to that.

andreyush

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2015
I'd say...The feature to be able to not have any problem and then the word "gate" to appear :) .

Bigserver1

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
Dual camera and capacitive home button.

I'd also be a sucker for a space black or blue color option.

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
Title says it all basically.

I'm most excited really to see if the home button becomes the force touch feature like everybody is saying . Seems pretty interesting to me!

:)
I've heard a lot of people interested in this feature, but I have no idea why. What's the benefit of it being a force touch "button" instead of a regular clicking button?
[doublepost=1472148728][/doublepost]
On the plus model duel cameras!
I see "duel cameras" written on MacRumors more than I see it spelled correctly. Is that how it's spelled in the UK or something?

In the US, "duel cameras" would be cameras made for fighting.
"Dual cameras" would mean there are two of them.
[doublepost=1472148895][/doublepost]I'm most excited about more RAM, faster processor, better camera, and water resistance.
And I'm also super excited about watching the presentation and seeing what else they have in store for us that we are completely oblivious to right now.

I'm also excited to downsize from this 5.5" monstrosity that makes it impossible for me to be active with it in my pocket.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I've heard a lot of people interested in this feature, but I have no idea why. What's the benefit of it being a force touch "button" instead of a regular clicking button?
[doublepost=1472148728][/doublepost]
I see "duel cameras" written on MacRumors more than I see it spelled correctly. Is that how it's spelled in the UK or something?

In the US, "duel cameras" would be cameras made for fighting.
"Dual cameras" would mean there are two of them.
[doublepost=1472148895][/doublepost]I'm most excited about more RAM, faster processor, better camera, and water resistance.
And I'm also super excited about watching the presentation and seeing what else they have in store for us that we are completely oblivious to right now.

I'm also excited to downsize from this 5.5" monstrosity that makes it impossible for me to be active with it in my pocket.

For starters, no dust or water ingress from that part of the phone.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

96-HUDSON-96

Suspended
Aug 11, 2016
Dual camera and capacitive home button.

I'd also be a sucker for a space black or blue color option.
that would definitely get me excited and would buy one of those colours, dunno if I would get a case then as it might hide the aesthetics

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.