Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RocketOnMC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2018
Hello everyone!

I have an iPad Air 2, and I want to change the Apple ID from a different one to mine. I don’t want some of the apps to be deleted, and I really don't care about app data and all that, I just want to know what happens after I’ve changed the Apple ID.

Thanks,

Rocket

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
I had a friend ask me why they couldn’t update some apps one time. It turns out that a family member of theirs had signed in to download some apps, then they signed out and into their account again. It seemed that they could use the apps on their device but could not update them. This was a few years ago now so I am not sure if things have changed since then though.

RocketOnMC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2018
I had a friend ask me why they couldn’t update some apps one time. It turns out that a family member of theirs had signed in to download some apps, then they signed out and into their account again. It seemed that they could use the apps on their device but could not update them. This was a few years ago now so I am not sure if things have changed since then though.
Thanks for your reply, but I want to know what happens after I sign out of the entire iPad.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Nothing happens. You’ll just not be able to use some of the services, but if you’ve downloaded any app they’ll continue to work but you won’t be able to update them.

Reactions: millydog and max2

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Hello everyone!

I have an iPad Air 2, and I want to change the Apple ID from a different one to mine. I don’t want some of the apps to be deleted, and I really don't care about app data and all that, I just want to know what happens after I’ve changed the Apple ID.

Thanks,

Rocket

I have three different ID's one has U.S address, other has U.K address and the third has one has a Singapore address and I use all the three ID's to use different apps from the respective stores and I can use it with no problems.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
I have three different ID's one has U.S address, other has U.K address and the third has one has a Singapore address and I use all the three ID's to use different apps from the respective stores and I can use it with no problems.

Cool but why ?

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Cool but why ?

Region and Country wise certains APPS are blocked, not all, But some are. Like Certain APPS are only available in the U.S App store and not to anyone outside the U.S only if you have a U.S store account and same for U.K and Asia.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Region and Country wise certains APPS are blocked, not all, But some are. Like Certain APPS are only available in the U.S App store and not to anyone outside the U.S only if you have a U.S store account and same for U.K and Asia.

That sucks. :( I didn't know this.

Is there any reason why ?

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Not Apple’s policy, but the specific service and the restrictions the respective businesses would like to impose for various legal or financial reasons.

Oh Ok ! I see ! Glad you brought this to my notice !! otherwise I would have not known this atall ! You made my birth on this Planet so worth it! By saying this you know...

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Oh Ok ! I see ! Glad you brought this to my notice !! otherwise I would have not known this atall ! You made my birth on this Planet so worth it! By saying this you know...

I feel the sarcasm there but you did ask for it by making a blanket accusation.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
I feel the sarcasm there but you did ask for it by making a blanket accusation.

Why do you think only you have all the Brains in this world ? Rest of the world is Dumb, only you are the enlightened soul here ! Do you think you are some god's gift to mankind and this world ?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Why do you think only you have all the Brains in this world ? Rest of the world is Dumb, only you are the enlightened soul here ! Do you think you are some god's gift to mankind and this world ?

I know this because this is what I do for living. Why do you make blanket statements without actually having the correct info?

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
I know this because this is what I do for living. Why do you make blanket statements without actually having the correct info?

Whaaat ? What do you do for a living ? Did I read it correct ? Are you saying you post here and that's what you do for a living ! lol ! is that what you do for a living ? What intelligence is involved in that ? That could be one of the most mediocre and silliest job on this planet ? What intelligence is involved in it? Don't tell me you need a reality check !! Do you ?

Last edited:

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Whaaat ? What do you do for a living ? Did I read it correct ? Are you saying you post here and that's what you do for a living ! lol ! is that what you do for a living ? What intelligence is involved in that ? That could be one of the most mediocre and silliest job on this planet ? What intelligence is involved in it? Don't tell me you need a reality check !! Do you ?

Never mind! ‍♂️

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Nothing happens. You’ll just not be able to use some of the services, but if you’ve downloaded any app they’ll continue to work but you won’t be able to update them.

Actually you will be able to update already installed apps. It is no longer asking for a password on iOS 11. he just will not be able to download apps from the other applied without entering the details first.

Just be aware that if you use AM and keep switching between AppleIDs it will wipe your offline music each time. One of the reason I continue to use Spotify among other reasons

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.