Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neutrino17

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2022
I got the standard size 14 Pro when they first came out. I’m loving it. I haven’t had any problems. The battery is excellent ( I usually see about 70 or 80% remaining at night), the speaker is better than my iP11, responsiveness is good.

DontSweatIt

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 13, 2021
I got the standard size 14 Pro when they first came out. I’m loving it. I haven’t had any problems. The battery is excellent ( I usually see about 70 or 80% remaining at night), the speaker is better than my iP11, responsiveness is good.
Battery if fine, display is awful whats your screen on time for your phone?

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I upgraded just for the camera alone! 48mp is a massive upgrade and I really love it. I shoot RAW all the time and as a photographer, it’s a nice upgrade. The other pleasant updates are the dynamic island and the display. I don’t leave the always on display on, no need for that. The .5x camera is a nice improvement as well. I have two iPhones (14 pro max 1TB gold) and they are identical in performance. So now I’m waiting on a couple of apps that I use often for photography to get updated to the 14 pro series so the 48mp can be utilized. It’s been six months… at this point I don’t look for one of them to update.. disappointing. Oh well. I do wish Apple would change the camera shutter sound. It’s been the same all along.

Reactions: TheMasterTerrarian

DontSweatIt

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 13, 2021
I upgraded just for the camera alone! 48mp is a massive upgrade and I really love it. I shoot RAW all the time and as a photographer, it’s a nice upgrade. The other pleasant updates are the dynamic island and the display. I don’t leave the always on display on, no need for that. The .5x camera is a nice improvement as well. I have two iPhones (14 pro max 1TB gold) and they are identical in performance. So now I’m waiting on a couple of apps that I use often for photography to get updated to the 14 pro series so the 48mp can be utilized. It’s been six months… at this point I don’t look for one of them to update.. disappointing. Oh well. I do wish Apple would change the camera shutter sound. It’s been the same all along.
how has your display been because mine is 6200k and I know its supposed to be 6500k

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
how has your display been because mine is 6200k and I know its supposed to be 6500k
I read your message before responding to this. I don’t have a color temperature meter to test my display with. Turn True Tone off and the display will change color temperature. If in a room with tungsten lights, then True Tone may try to match that temperature. I’ll be curious if that fixes the color temperature when you test again.

DontSweatIt

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 13, 2021
I read your message before responding to this. I don’t have a color temperature meter to test my display with. Turn True Tone off and the display will change color temperature. If in a room with tungsten lights, then True Tone may try to match that temperature. I’ll be curious if that fixes the color temperature when you test again.
I’ve tried it in every aspect possible and it’s just not right

• Haha
Reactions: JapanApple

DontSweatIt

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 13, 2021
I know you can adjust the color manually, I’ll have to find where that is in settings. I used to know. But I’ll find it…
I’m in accessibility setting, colors filters ruin the contrast ratio and brightness

turbochgd

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2022
Love my 14 Pro Max! Tremendous battery, love the screen size, which I wasn’t sure it wasn’t going to be too large or heavy. It’s not. I really love the Dynamic Island, much much more than the inanimate notch previously.

I had a 13 Pro which I absolutely adored. But when the 14 was released I thought I’d give a Pro Max a try, never really thinking I’d actually replace my 13. I never looked back after getting it.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Not much difference from 13 Pro max to be fair but I enjoy the always on display and the screen brightness is a massive jump and the island is great for sport scores . Camera wise not a big difference aside from Pro raw. Still blows out the sky which I dislike but no regrets overall as a yearly upgrader

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
14 Pro and I love it. AOD has been a complete non-issue concerning battery with it always on with a wallpaper visible. The dynamic handy isn't earth shattering but it's a nice addition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.