What if only the 6S plus gets the 2GB Ram and 12MP camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Aug 19, 2015.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I can't imagine the 4.7 having the same 8MP camera or 1GB ram.

2. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I'm getting 6 plus anyway but I guess there will be a lot of angry apple 6S users.

3. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Then there will be absolutely no reason at all to upgrade from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 6S.

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yep force touch won't be enough for users to upgrade

5. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Force touch is a gimmick. Maybe it makes sense on the Watch, but on my Macbook Pro I barely use it, and when I do, I find it difficult to press the trackpad with enough power, in order to get the desired function. I am not sure how it would be better on an iPhone.

I am afraid that unless Apple is planning a big surprise, that this year the iPhone upgrade will be underwhelming.

6. Roadstar macrumors 6502a

Roadstar

If it does, then no upgrade for me. I might take a close look at the rumored Nexus 5 2015 instead.

7. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

That would be a huge letdown, but I don't see this happening. The "S" cycle iPhones always bring major internal improvements, and the fact that there are now two different-sized iPhones shouldn't change that.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

The general public does not care how much ram it will have. They will, however, be up in arms if it has a worse camera.

9. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Then it will be fine. I see no need for drastic annual overhauls. Change for its own sake usually results in gimmick.

10. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

What a dumb reply.

11. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Apple will still sell millions and millions of iPhone 6s devices and never bat an eyelash at those people who swear they'll never buy it like those screaming and crying on this forum and others. Apple does what Apple wants.

12. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Touche!

13. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

95% of the iPhone users have no idea how much RAM their iPhone has or cares.

14. grifftaur macrumors regular

RAM will probably be the only thing that will separate the 6S and 6S+. No reason not to bring 12MP camera to both. I think the only thing that separated 6 from 6+ was OIS and screen size.

In addition to what others have said in this thread, the average user does not care about RAM, nor would they really notice the difference.

15. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I give no regard to the thoughts of the ignorant masses.

If it doesn't have 2GB of RAM I won't buy it. Won't even consider it.

16. CE3 macrumors 6502a

Why is it a dumb reply? I'm only interested in upgrading to the 6S if it offers a significant camera upgrade from the 5 and 6 models. If it doesn't offer a significant camera upgrade, I won't buy it. I'm not interested in plus models.

I'm hoping the camera might even be larger than 12MP (16 or 20 would be great). Yes, I know more megapixels isn't the only thing that factors into improved image quality, but it is indeed a factor. More megapixels also means larger images, which means more flexibility when editing mobile shots.

17. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'd venture and say it's even higher than that. Most of my friends aren't techy forum people and none has ever brought up the need for more RAM.

18. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

And the "ignorant masses" give no regard to how much ram their iPhone has because it works just fine for them.

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

Or they essentially simply not notice, ignore, or put up with the issues that might be there.

20. sunking101, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

They have no idea nor care that their phone is 64Bit either, but it is. It's a poor argument IMO because I couldn't give a damn what light users think or do. If the most expensive smartphone on the market is dumbed down and aimed at technophobes then I should probably think about getting something else.

Regarding the 6S+ possibly having more RAM than the 4.7" version then the short answer is that it needs it. The 6+ is massively underspecced when it comes to RAM whilst the 4.7" iPhone 6 just about gets away with it if you're a general user who doesn't care about multitasking.

21. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

2gb of ram is clearly a must. I think alot would upgrade even if that's the main feature.

22. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

There is no way Apple is going to play favorites with the bigger model iPhone. They kind of do already, but at the same time, they are not going to push the bigger iPhone more than the smaller one. It doesn't make business sense. A lot of people like the size of the 4.7 inch iPhone. Giving the iPhone 6S Plus more key features would kill the sales of the iPhone 6S 4.7 inch.

23. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Not sure if 2GB would excite people enough to make them want to upgrade, but I will say I absolutely will not consider any iPhone's with 1GB of RAM.

I don't care about Tim Cook's bonus enough to get an under-specced device.

24. ShadovvMoon macrumors 6502

ShadovvMoon

Why can't the six plus just be a bigger screen? Why does it need to be differentiated in any other way at all? Not everyone wants a giant tablet. The rumoured 6s upgrades are not nearly enough for me to justify the upgrade from my 5s. Perhaps the iPhone is getting to a similar point in terms of the iPad upgrade cycle?

25. sunapple macrumors 6502a

sunapple

I really think the two verions will have the same internals. Sure, OIS didn't seem to fit in the normal 6 last time, but why shouldn't RAM and more megapixels? Also the price difference would have to be bigger than $100 with these new internals.

To answer your question, I would switch from my normal iPhone 6 to the 6S Plus if it has the better RAM and camera instead of getting the 6S. And I would be disappointed because the 4.7" size is my favorite of the two.