Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I just pumped a couple of hours into Mario Kart Wii online, first time I've played it in well over a year. I forgot how fun this game is and how well the online mode works. Nintendo are generally bad when it comes to online but I've yet to play any racing game that works as well as this one title.

F-Zero GX is still my favourite racing game but this isn't far from it. Now... about that Wii version....

Wineskinlover

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2010
In my search for good Coop games, I stumbled across this gem Burnout Paradise. It's an arcade racer that does an amazing job of offering high what feels like easy high fidelity driving in a huge open world environment. When racing A.I., the game is adequate but a bit of a disappointment because the A.I. cars at times seem to be miles ahead of you manage to crash allowing you to catch back up. My biggest regret is that there is no split screen offline coop. There is a party mode that allows a group of people on one console (Xbox or PS3) to sequentially complete challenges, but still not split screen. The majority of my game play on the Xbox has been offline (100% offline) splitscreen coop gaming. This game all most makes me want to start up an xbox subscription so I can race others online. :)

There is another title I'll mention, but it's late and I can't remember so I'll add it later.

What do you think is the best racing games? One thing I've noticed in some of the top rated racing games is that they are damn hard to control the car. I'm not really looking for absolute realism, but a fun experience and something that can be controlled with a standard console controller.

Paulthetall got that (Burnout paradise) game working today on the Mac, so he will show you that in in about 8 hours when he makes his daily video. I already saw it works great on theImac! Keep this site in watch: http://www.paulthetall.com/page8/page9/page9.html

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.