Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
I'm eligible for an upgrade, and I've wanted an iPhone for 4 years. This is the first time I could get one on Sprint, so there was no reason NOT to get the 4S. :)

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
Camera mostly. I'm coming from the 3GS, my wife's iPhone 4 camera is way better than mine and this is presumably even better. Improved processor and 64 GB will be a nice bonus.

jcoop

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
Because it's better in just about every way than my 2+ year old iPhone 3GS -- but I'm particularly looking forward to the camera. I've been using my phone's camera a lot more in the past six months or so, even though the 3GS's camera is pretty poor; I'm looking forward to something better.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
FIRST freaking iPhone for me on verizon dudes...

I don't care for waiting for 5(we all know we will come up w/ some way to upgrade annually).

But on more detail notes: (besides the fact that I had to make the jump to iphone(this is a first legitimate chance) after owning everything apple.

1)need camera and video shooting device. Not a huge fan of doing those but time to time I need to and needed up to date device
2)faster cpu means faster browsing. Which I do a lot around the house or wherever wifi
3)iOS iOS iOS.... games.. air video.. etc.. overall smooth feel.. KNOWING apps are written for IOS and available.. hello
4)who can resist white iPhone 4.. (i meant 4s).. still BEST looking phone out there.
5)i currently own droid X... do I need to say more???

ps:btw, I did want 4 inch iPhone 5.. but for now.. it will do .. as when I need serious work, I go to my macbook anyway(or iMac) and even bypass iPad 2.. so.. what's the point?

Last edited:

Lionel Hutz

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
I've been gimping along on my cracked 3G for over three years. Cracked it the first month. I've held out for the verizon iphone, then decided to wait for the 5, delayed till now and just 4S. I wait no longer.

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
I ordered one for my wife as her 3GS is on it's last legs. Plus I'm hoping that the new antenna design helps in our 1-bar location.

matthewskyle

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2011
Because I have the 3GS. Like someone else mentioned, I'm hoping the technology in the phone has improved over the last ~16 months so that I can get better service in my freaking cubicle. :mad:

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
New camera optics
Video stabilization
Siri
More storage
And I've been wanting a white iPhone for some time ;)

Oh, and I don't think that the iPhone 4 is necessarily slow, but I think with the a5 chip it'll be another 3G to 3GS phenomenon.

moetownslick

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Because I currently own a Droid 1 from Motorola... need I have any more reason than that? hahaha... it's such a POS, I can't wait to be rid of the thing!

Ha! I have you beat...I currently own the original Samsung Instinct!

kblack

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2011
Mine would be:

1) my 3g is at end-of-life (and my patience)
2) Siri
3) Camera
4) my 3g is making me violent
5) Reminders
6) Siri + reminders
7) my 3g needs to die peacefully

wacky4alanis

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2009
Ibought mine to get the 64 GB of storage. I am also going to enjoy the faster processor, but I wouldn't have bought one without the 64 GB drive.

gillybean

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2008
Seattle, WA
in order of importance:

1) my 3gs 32gb has randomly run out of battery twice now, has <1gb free space left, and the camera occasionally has a blur spot, so I want to replace it.

2) 64gb storage
3) better camera
4) retina display
5) twice the max d/l speed
6) voice transcription of notes and reminders with Siri while I drive
7) facetime
8) faster processor

ChiMac71

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2010
Mine would be:
1) my 3g is at end-of-life (and my patience)
4) my 3g is making me violent
7) my 3g needs to die peacefully

Ibid. My 3G has been the scourge of my existence for over a year, and needs to be put down.

Camera & HD Video with Stablization are my primary justifications for the 4S.

ThetaSigma

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2011
Gallifrey
I've owned every iPhone from the 3G to 4 then I did something...I switched to Android...hated it, switched to Blackberry...hated it more. Hate on me, but I see it as a positive because I realised "iPhone is the phone for me. Save up and when the new one comes out, buy it." That's what I did.

Using an Android/Blackberry is just too...complicated. I miss being able to organise my music, apps, books, movies all in one place and just simply plug in my phone and everything's ready to go.

I loved the iPhone 4's camera and video recording, and the iPhone 4S will be better. It will be faster, and with a new OS.

I've missed using an iPhone. This time next week I'll be enjoying it again :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.