What is the single biggest reason you chose the Iphone over the S3?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doc shivers, Sep 25, 2012.

1. doc shivers macrumors member

What is the 1 single biggest reason that you chose the iphone over the s3? And don't give me "well, there are a number of reasons", that's not what this thread is about. 1 dealbreaker.

2. King Shady macrumors 6502

King Shady

3. HJ24 macrumors regular

4. JoshObra macrumors regular

I kind of like the Apps here too, I tried the android app store and I wasn't really impressed. But I could've been looking at the right places.

But all in all, I chose to without anyone telling me to.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

Apps. I have more reasons but that's a good one.

6. jumpmandds macrumors regular

Same reason I've chosen every iPhone in the past its the best phone for me and my needs and wants period

7. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

MUCH better build quality, polished OS, far superior camera, & app ecosystem/iCloud.

8. rritterson macrumors 6502

9. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Build quality, the s3 feels cheap like it is about to break if I drop it or squeeze it too hard.

A close #2 is the app quality in the Apple system is superior.

10. therock1111 macrumors member

11. rritterson macrumors 6502

Bomb. That's 4 or 5 reasons. Pick just one.

12. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

13. II BISTRO II macrumors member

simply because iOS works.. no glitches.. no unnecessary features.. phone doesnt slow down over time

the s2 was supposed to be so much better than the 4s ad now when i compare the two.. s2 seems glitchy while the 4s works the same

same thing happened with prior android devices that rival the iphone

why should this time be any different with the s3??

14. Andrew Ryan macrumors newbie

I actually debated between these two for two weeks.

I picked the iPhone5 because of the familiarity I had with the iPhone itself. I had an iPhone4 for two years, and aside from the carrier(AT&T, which I didn't like), I had no real issues with it aside from the speed (internet, etc.). It saves money on purchasing a music player if you want the physical files on your phone instead of using spotify, and since I have a Macbook Pro, it was just a bit easier to do things with the iPhone connected to it.

The main factor I'd say, were the reviews I read on voice controls (Siri, etc..) as they were rated far higher on the iphone5. The GalaxyS3 seems to have some issues in that regard. I also think the appstore is better than the Android market in my limited amount of research.

I probably would have went with the S3 to change things up had the voice commands been equal.

15. bbydon macrumors 6502a

16. auero macrumors 65816

Apple ecosystem. If android played nicer I'd be gone. I've become dependent on iMessages as well because I don't get service at work.

17. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

18. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I've always liked Apple products and have had an iPhone since before the S3 came out. Choosing it over the S3 was a no brainer. And if Apple gets their way, the S3 may not be on the market for long :p.

Outside of that, I love the way everything "clicks" between my MacBook Pro, my iPad and my iPhone.

19. bob616 macrumors 6502

Too tied down to the Apple ecosystem to even think about switching. I guess that is a somewhat good thing about the Android ecosystem. You can try out different phone manufactures and not lose all your apps.

20. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

This.

21. shadrap macrumors 6502

I have the S3 for my work phone and my opinions are:

S3 is too big. I am a big guy but with a case I feel like I am carrying a brick.

Android is still Android. It's not user friendly and crashes more than iOS in daily use.

Apple's eco system and stream lined products just work cohesively. Android is fragmented in many ways. Not just from the OS.

22. auero macrumors 65816

Just curious, do you really have a lot of apps that tie you guys down? I used to think that but then realized I only use about 3-4 paid ones. :eek:

23. irispen macrumors newbie

Apps. the phone itself.

Android is good, i got my self a galaxy nexus, but iOS is just different :apple:

and oh... i hate samsung phones.. except nexus.