Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brinelara

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
I'm not telling any certain band, just the kinds of music.
1.- Thrash Metal (Beyond the embrace, Anthrax, Megadeth, ...)
2.- Nu-Metal (Machine Head, Mnemic, ...) (Thrash/Progresive Metal)
3.- Death Metal (Kataklysm, ...)
4.- Heavy Metal (Children of Bodom, ...)Listen to some of their songs, and start from there.

Sheeds

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2008
Ottawa
Sorry to be unoriginal, but I'm going with the Beatles.
They alone covered a few genres over the years, and even though they don't occupy my all time favorite songs, overall they have the biggest share of my favorite music.

glowfly

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2010
any and all that come under the sea of alternative music ... i really like them all!

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
My tastes vary widely, from Public Enemy to Provision, from Mannheim Steamroller to Skinny Puppy. Most of the music I listen to, though, usually features electronic instruments (synthesizers, samplers, drum machines) in some prominent fashion.

My fave artist, and my inspiration for learning to play and program synths and other electronic instruments, is Howard Jones.

I'm not telling any certain band, just the kinds of music.
1.- Thrash Metal (Beyond the embrace, Anthrax, Megadeth, ...)
2.- Nu-Metal (Machine Head, Mnemic, ...) (Thrash/Progresive Metal)
3.- Death Metal (Kataklysm, ...)
4.- Heavy Metal (Children of Bodom, ...)Listen to some of their songs, and start from there.

What-- no Black Metal? :)

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Simple Minds, U2, Pink Floyd, Enigma, Enya.

Some Yanni, some Jean Michel Jarre, and a whole lotta Trance. A&B in particular.

I have varied tastes :)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Simple Minds, U2, Pink Floyd, Enigma, Enya.

Some Yanni, some Jean Michel Jarre, and a whole lotta Trance. A&B in particular.

I have varied tastes :)

Yes, I really like all of the above (except U2). In addition, I like Air (am listening to them as I write), love Pink Martini, Mozart (granted, not a band, but a godalmighty genius), Pepe and the Bottle Blondes, Cafe Orchestra, Azymuth, Scott Walker, Love (Arthur Lee), Beirut (for a certain mood), Paris Combo, Leonard Cohen, Mano Chao, Sacrebleu, Boban Markovic, Kila, and even Supertramp (at times). There are many more, including some (by no means all) of the Beatles.

Cheers and good luck

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
The bands who I seem to consistently like are;

The Offspring
The Beatles
Bloodhound Gang
Electric Light Orchestra

Though for all of them I prefer their older stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.