Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
jywv8 said:
Real Genius? Great flick.

My iPod (see sig) is named Luigi. My Powerbook is named Mario and my desktop PC is Bowser. My fiancé's laptop is Peach.

And, yes, my router is named "Mushroom Kingdom."

The mini that I plan on ordering in a couple of months will be named "Baby Mario."

I know. I'm a dork. Whatever.

caribiner23

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2005
Chicago
"Skippy" is my 15GB 3rd gen iPod, for no reason other than my girlfriend called me that one day while I was reformatting the 'pod.

"Dynamite" is my 1 GB Shuffle.

notmenotyou

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2003
NYC
my 4G 40Gig is called "do you remember...", it's mean "do you remember this song? or that song?", my whole life music is in there, including lot's of already forgotton songs.

and my pink mini is simply Pinky. :p

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
rather uninspiringly; James' iPod. or did i change it when i formatted it for my PB? hmm.

my powerbooks called Pangea. simply 'cuz 3 years ago at college we had a project to design some kind of future home, and we called ours pangea. and it sounds kinda smooth :D before that my 2 wintel laptops were called Theodore 1 and 2.

GBRocksFan

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2002
My first-gen iPod is called Minstrel. Seemed appropriate.
Otherwise my various computers, routers et al all have basketball-inspired names:
mobley, francis, olajuwon, tmac, rudyt, yao

Lukasha

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2005
Los Angeles
iPod Shuffle: Ghost in the Shell
PowerMac G4 1.2 Ghz main computer: E.V.E.
PowerMac G4 1 Ghz server: Bahamoud
PowerBook G4 Alu 15": T-X (it's sexy and metallic)

Jeff

Soonerpet

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2005
All my Apple devices
-----------------------
40Gb iPod - Lestat
G5 PowerMac - ArmandG5
G4 Cube - MariusG4
G3 iMac - AkashaG3
G4 PowerBook - LestatG4

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
Mine's Ginkgo.

It all started in 1996 when my roommate at the time named his new PC "Peanut." We used nut names for the rest of the computers in the apartment. My PowerMac 7600 was named Doughnut. When I got an OS X Mac in 2002, the G4 (still my main computer, typing on it now) was named Coconut (since OS X comes with Cocoa). The wife's iBook is named Pumpkin (looks like a huge nut, her favorite band is Smashing Pumpkins).

So then I got my 3rd gen iPod. Well, it turns out that the native translation of Ginkgo is "small, white or silver nut." Perfect description! ;)

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
iPod = 'iPod'

G4 desktop = 'Hal'
the G4's drives are Albini, Blixa and Muzak

G4 Powerbook = 'BigBook'

iMac = 'BigBlue'

G3 Powerbook = 'Polly'

5300 Powerbook = ' 'LilBook'

7500 Powermac = 'GrandPa'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.