What is Your March 11th Game Plan?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Braindead360, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Braindead360 macrumors member

Okay, so I'm still trying to determine how I should approach next Friday. I live in a town that unfortunately does not have an Apple Store, but we do have a couple of Walmarts, a Sams Clubs and a Best Buy. If our 24 Hour Walmart was going to put the iPad on sale at midnight, I would just go line up Thursday evening and drink an extra cup of coffee Friday morning, but knowing Apple's track record, I can't see them allowing anyone to put it on sale any earlier that 8:00am Friday morning. I don't have to be at work until 8:30, so if that is the case I could probably make it to work on time that morning if I get up early and get in line. What are you guys planning on doing next Friday?

2. noobinator macrumors 601

I'm going to order one online and have it delivered while I watch TV and drink beer.

3. meechy, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011

meechy macrumors 6502

Why dont you just order online? :)

Also why does buying an iPad 2 need a "game plan"

4. WLS macrumors 65816

Same situation here. If you find a place that is selling it early be sure and let us know. I plan to go over to BB around 4pm and see what's up, maybe wait the hour in line if there is one. I want to get the rewards points. After that I'll go over to Target and see if I can score a smart cover with my $50 Target gift card.

5. advan031 macrumors 6502

6. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Apple is not going to let any retailers sell the iPad until 5pm. So your idea of trying to get it before you go to work at 8:30am is not gonna work. You are better off picking it up after work or ordering it online.

7. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

The apple store doesn't open till 5pm on Friday. So my game plan is at 2:30 when I get out of school I will speed to the apple store. So I'll probably get there around 3 so that is 2hrs before it opens. I hope the line won't be to long and I'll wait there. Hopefully they will have my model and a free t-shirt (I think they give out shirts if so I want one).

8. Braindead360 thread starter macrumors member

LOL! Just a figure of speech. I may consider ordering online, but my wife is already upset that I managed to sell the iPad this previous Thursday, and I promised that I would do everything in my power to get her one on Friday when it's released. lol

9. Braindead360 thread starter macrumors member

Oh, I did not realize that. Well, I guess that I'll be leaving work early on Friday.

10. jreuschl macrumors 6502

Possibility too that Apple is shipping these to other retailers for delivery ON Friday so picking one up at Wal-Mart may not be a possibility, anyway. Good thought though, I may check with them the day before.

11. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

1. The Apple store will be open at the regular time, but iPads won't go on sale until 5pm.
    2. The last time I saw them give away free t-shirts was the Leopard launch. I think that they have stopped the free t-shirts thing, it's just too much extra work when they are trying to launch a new product. Apple usually gives people in line free coffee and donuts or something similar though.

12. Funnone macrumors regular

Me Too......... Ahh...BEER!!!!!!

13. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

I plan to get up at 7 and drive to work. Then I plan to waste a good 3 hours of my worktime surfing this site with my old iPad and read the threads of people who complain that they didn't get an iPad.
    Then I surf to the threads of the people who bought an iPad and have buyers remorse about their color choice. The I will briefly look into the "The new iPad is not worth the money" threads to see some action. I will resist the urge to troll though.

Then to give the day a good vibe I'll switch over to the "OMG I love my white iPad" threads.

In the end it's a great tablet and everybody will be happy.

Then I will start looking at the iPad 3 threads.

14. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

win!

I will get off work at 6, go to the apple store and hopefully pick up a 64 gb wifi no problem

15. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I highly doubt that Apple will let a reseller start selling iPads before they do so I wouldn't count on getting an iPad before you go to work. I myself plan on getting to the apple store about 3:00 and hopefully be able to pick up 2 16gb black iPads.

16. Mitch2742 macrumors member

I have class from 11-11:50, and then I'm going to the Apple store around 2:30 to try to snag a 32 gb wi-fi model in black.

Haven't tried picking up an electronic at its launch since the original 360 was released (horrible experience and they sold out two people ahead of me) but I'm sure I'll have much better luck with this.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Get up early and spend the day snowboarding with my family in the beautiful Colorado mountains.

Why, is something special happening that day?;)

18. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Question, ist it just a line or do I get like a number. Basicly can I go early get a number then come back?

And too bad about a the shirts lol

19. Mitch2742 macrumors member

Can anyone else attest to this? Because that will make waiting in line a lot more tolerable, haha.

20. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

at the iPhone 4 launch they gave out free donuts and apple juice

21. Pinnoks macrumors newbie

+1
    I don't see why anyone would bother lining up all night, sacrificing a good nights sleep. but i suppose it wouldn't arrive on friday if you pre ordered it, and would have to wait the weekend out.

22. stev3n macrumors 6502

At the Tiger release they gave out scratch-off cards.

23. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

1) Wake up at 7
    2) Order online
    3) Go to class as usual
    4) 4-8 days later, have my iPad 2 delivered to me.
    5) Enjoy until "Retina" Display iPad is out.

24. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

haha APPLE juice...get it? eh? eh? :D

25. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

1. Sell my original iPad on Ebay. DONE.
    2. Show up at Apple store at Noon on the 11th.
    3. Purchase a 32Gig black iPad with black leather smart cover.
    4. Walk out at 5:10 with a **** eat'n grin. :D