What is your New Year's Resolution for 2012?

TexasChemE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Just curious to see what kind of resolutions everyone is making (if you are making a resolution at all this year). This year I want to gain 10-15lbs of muscle and keep my 4.0 GPA.

What about everyone else?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Well, my 2010 NY resolutions were:

1. Become a better cook (successful).
2. Create a budget and learn to handle my money better (successful).

This year, my resolutions are a bit more difficult to succeed in:

1. I'm absolutely clueless about investing money (I should just go to my bank and have one of those financial advisors/investors do this for me :rolleyes:), so my goal is to learn about investing and do something with my money.

2. Learn to play the ukulele.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I generally don't do resolutions as they seem to fail by February. Instead I try to be a better person in the new year then in the prior year.

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
For this year, I guess I'd have to say it would be to have a more positive outlook on things. Looking back on how I handled some situations this year made me realize I missed out on a lot by being negative, and so the only thing I want to do is change that and try to be more positive.

:)

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

To not watch Dick Clark next New Year's Eve, too depressing

Outside of that, my resolution is to get a permanent teaching position instead of substituting and odd jobs

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Be able to speak fluently/read/write a language with a script not based off of the letters used in English, french, spanish, german, so on.

Kinda like chinese ... but its not chinese ;)

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
I literally wrote out a page in my notebook for resolutions.

Mainly because there are a lot of areas that I need to improve, in order to achieve my goals this year.

It essentially boiled down to: work harder/be more pro-active, get healthy, worry less, and be happy.:)

pachyderm

macrumors 604
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I literally wrote out a page in my notebook for resolutions.

Mainly because there are a lot of areas that I need to improve, in order to achieve my goals this year.

It essentially boiled down to: work harder/be more pro-active, get healthy, worry less, and be happy.:)

according to this you're on the right path...

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Making Resoloutions

Is a little like the old "Round to it" thing. If you are going to eat more fruit, read more literature, and as a member above posted "do the girl in apt whatever" then you will only do so if you are going to.

Write it down everywhere, tell your friends so they can say "I knew you wouldn't"

I don't make them. Therefore, they can not be broken, and I will not sit head in hands moaning...!

Happy REALISTIC New Year all:)