What is your plan if iMac won't arrive on July?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Overg, Jun 30, 2012.

  1. Overg macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 26, 2012
    #1
    I am preparing myself mentally to wait until January 2013
    ( actually going head to head with apple as long as it takes..:) )
    What is your plan?
     
  2. ProMod macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2005
    #2
    If nothing new is released with Mountain Lion, I'll be getting a Retina MBP with 27" external antiglare display.
     
  3. AndyCarolan macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2012
    Location:
    UK
    #3
    Then I may wait just a bit longer... unless this dell dies, then I will buy a current gen iMac 21.5"
     
  4. deblewis macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2012
    #4
    Likely curl up into the fetal position and cry..:)


    Then head to Frys to buy what I need to upgrade my PC.. :(
     
  5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

    GGJstudios

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    #5
  6. lucasfunkt macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2012
    #6
    Don't let apple hear you say that!



    You're giving them an extra £1000+ more than what you were planning to pay, (can't afford to do that myself unfortunately).

    They'll never release it if enough people do this.
     
  7. ProMod macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2005
    #7
    I should have been more clear: I plan to buy a non-Apple display, so I think the prices will be very close. Yes, I'll be paying more, but Apple won't be getting all of it.
     
  8. cypress822 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2012
  9. Baphomet macrumors member

    Baphomet

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2012
    Location:
    Graz
    #9
    Me too...
     
  10. lucasfunkt macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2012
    #10
    OK cool, if you do go with that option let us know what display you went with, I'd be interested to see. :)
     
  11. harcosparky macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    #11
    If they do not release the new iMac's in July I will show Apple a thing or two. I will buy something other than an iMac and less powerful than the current high end iMac!

    That'll show em! :D

    Ok ok .... I'm pulling your leg.

    I have my brand new iMac, well it's months old now and could not be happier.

    Apple won't be selling me another iMac until the Apple Care on this new one is almost up .... sometime in 2014, who knows the new ones might be out by then! :D
     
  12. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2009
    #12
    Wait a bit longer. I was planning on just buying a 2011 when my laptop was broken, but I discovered that a GPU defect allowed the the logic board to be replaced for free. I bought a new hard drive for it, and it's basically a new machine now...still not fast enough, but it'll hold me over.
     
  13. Scythe5 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2012
    #13
    I posted my plan in the 'No iMac - Here's my new PC specs". :D

    Nutshell version is no iMac, then I custom build a rig that will cause old women to cry, men to gasp and children to run away in fear.:eek:
     
  14. Chabba macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2011
    #14
    I was thinking about slicing guts and kicking throats.

    ...or replace the motherboard in my PC. It's a $100 fix.
     
  15. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

    Apple fanboy

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2012
    Location:
    Behind the Lens, UK
    #15
    Wait as long as my Dell holds out as well. If it goes I'll get by on my old laptop and iPad. I will not buy last years model at current prices, and I defiantly won't buy a MacBook and ACD. I want an all in one not a laptop hooked up to a screen. I'd buys mini first and I don't really want that.
     
  16. sebi247 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 7, 2012
    #16
    I would be happy if I only could buy an iMac (2011) here in Germany. Since 8 weeks there is no possibility to buy BTO models... :mad::apple::mad:
     
  17. Overg thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 26, 2012
    #17
    My dell laptop

    Is 6 years old, connected to 19" screen, barley work, my iPad is my main machine ( imagine that).
    And still I don't want to give apple money for 2011 machine.
    So all left to wait, and curse apple every day, why on earth they decided that this year they are breaking the record of the day limit to change model....
     
  18. Thunderbird macrumors 6502a

    Thunderbird

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    #18
    [​IMG]
     
  19. forty2j macrumors 68030

    forty2j

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    Location:
    NJ
    #20
    Keep waiting. My iMac IS my gaming PC, so it's worth it to keep waiting for a top spec 2012 GPU.
     
  20. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

    iMcLovin

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2009
    #21
    I'll keep waiting until I can't wait any longer. I wont wait until 2013 - then I'll buy a pc instead eventually. But I hope It won't go that far :)
     
  21. Melsir macrumors newbie

    Melsir

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2012
    #22
    I'll wait. My 2009 PC is running fine for now. With the iPod refresh in september and the iPhone 5 around october, I can't think for a better time for them to release the iMac than July..

    If not, I think it will be in 2013...

    I think it will be more than just a little spec bump. Otherwise they would have done it last month with the Mac Pro.
     
  22. harcosparky macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    #23
    To read some peoples posts you'd think they were close to this. :eek:

    It's like they have some mental illness caused by a stupid computer.

    Some should consider getting a life or a really good psychoanalyst!
     
  23. Lankyman macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    May 14, 2011
    Location:
    U.K.
    #24
    Absolutely the right way to go. Who wants a MBP Retina anyway? From reading of the tests the GPU is being flogged to death and it can't achieve the frame rate of an older model. I can see plenty failures not to far down the road with hardware being flogged like that.
     
  24. Lancer macrumors 68020

    Lancer

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2002
    Location:
    Australia
    #25
    I can wait, I've been waiting this long I'd prefer to get the latest when outlaying this much money even though I know the 2011 iMac would be more than enough for me.

    I just don't see Apple waiting so long to refresh their desktop line, including the Mini.

    I see the Pro and what it was intended to be, for professionals and not the every day users.
     

Share This Page