What Movie Are You Watching?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Huntn, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Flying over the rainforest at dawn - Priceless
    Anti Christ
    Anti Christ.jpg
    As ever a hard watch as are all Lars von Trier's films. Watched The House That Jack Built recently, not on the same level as Anti Christ. Well worth a watch, equally it's not for everyone and touches on very strong subjects with a good deal of metaphors.

Anti Christ is a very strong film and one should be wary of it's content, similar to Andrzej Zulawski's Possession being both thought provoking and disturbing...

Q-6

2. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

But I would argue the Nazis may have eventually found it, and still killed themselves. :p
    The real plot hole, is what is this relic, a weapon against bad people? Who would be brave enough to try to wield it? ;) So far, it acted as a self guided weapon.

3. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Ah this was an interesting movie indeed...

4. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

Get Out! (2017)- Outstanding horror! :eek:

2EB6A259-02AB-40AF-A585-7461DD60263E.jpeg

5. Zenithal macrumors 604

Looks like there's an Invisible Man film coming out in the future, Hunt.

6. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Anti Christ is Lars von Trier's best to date, his other films I can easily forget, nor have interest in to watch over.

Q-6

7. Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

Antichrist is a really challenging film, and I like it quite a bit. I'd say it's my favorite as well, but Melancholia is a very close second. Maybe even as good as Antichrist, depending on my mood. Haven't seen THtJB yet, but I'm eager to get my hands on it as soon as it's released on home media.

Watched Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile yesterday. It was good, and as far as I could tell pretty true to life. The actors did a good job (even James Hetfield in his first acting role), and it's interesting to see if the "Brad Pitt / Matthew McConaughey / Ryan Gosling etc." -effect will apply to Zac Efron in the years to come. He did a fine job here, and the role is quite a departure from his earlier work. Obviously actors' (and actresses') talents should not be judged by their appearance, but then again typecasting is a real phenomenon so I'm always glad to see actors branch out and do something completely different than what I'm used to seeing from them.

Speaking of typecasting, it was freaky seeing Jim Parsons in the film. I never really watched The Big Bang Theory all that much, but when thinking about his acting credits besides that show I'm drawing a blank. A fine job was done by him as well.

8. rhett7660 macrumors G5

rhett7660

Both me and the wife looked at each other when he showed up! We had to rewind it and yup, that was him! While it was a very small role, he did a pretty good job.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out "The Normal Heart" and "Hidden Figures" he plays to different characters and plays them well.

9. Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

For a minute I thought you meant James Hetfield, but some googling revealed that you were probably referring to Jim Parsons. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll try to seek those films out!

10. rhett7660 macrumors G5

rhett7660

Whoops... Yes Jim Parsons. Sorry about the confusion.

11. Queen6, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019

Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Suspiria (2018)
    Suspiria.jpg
    Another unconventional horror film, long watch but worthwhile.

Q-6

12. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Pollock (2000). Ed Harris directed this and managed a tour de force in playing the role of the American painter Jackson Pollock. Marcia Gay Harden and Amy Madigan are wonderful in the roles, respectively, of Pollock's wife, Lee Krasner, and the irrepressible art collector Peggy Guggenheim. Somehow Harris manages to portray a talented, self-tormenting life and the recurrent waves of Pollock's artistic triumphs and bouts of alcoholic depression without making the movie itself a bummer, even if Pollock's character is sometimes beyond exasperating. Marcia Gay Harden won Best Supporting Actress in 2001 for her role in this film. Harris was nominated for Best Actor.

Pollock - film cover art.jpg

13. max2 macrumors 68030

Martyrs (2008)

Best French horror movie ever!

Martyrs.jpg

14. jeyf macrumors 65816

we watched (2) items:
    a short netFlix series "Bonding". Definitely an adult situation
    a Disney movie "The Odd Life of Timothy Green 2012".

both video's are excellent for what they are
    enjoy?

15. Queen6 macrumors 604

Queen6

Not seen the original or remake, but believe both are heavy hitters, the former more so...

Q-6
    --- Post Merged, May 10, 2019 ---
    30 Days of Night
    30 Days of Night.jpg
    Vampires not in the classic sense, more the vicious & rabid...

Q-6

16. trillionaire macrumors regular

trillionaire

I saw Hereditary a few days ago. Good horror/psychological drama flick. I would recommend if you like that sort of movie. For me the ending wasn't the greatest, which I feel is the problem for most horror films, but it definitely kept my attention throughout the movie.

17. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Decent movie, but the ending was just stupid. Also, there was one thing that in my opinion was cheating on the writer's part (for the good of me I can't remember what, I remember that I was disappointed after I left the theatre)

18. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68040

Ulenspiegel

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

20. rhett7660 macrumors G5

rhett7660

We caught the last hour or so of this on tv the other night. Not a bad movie, but as far as Punisher movies go, the 2008 version Punisher: War Zone is my favorite, not counting the TV series which I loved.

21. Huntn, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019

Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

Did you like it? I really enjoy this movie. :) No harm if you don’t.

Now, I’m sorry to say after loving Netflix’s The Punisher Season 1, Season 2 gets a thumbs down for story. Way too much filler. I kept saying to myself, get on with it! :(

22. Zenithal macrumors 604

Blame Disney for that. They forced Netflix to do a minimum episode count to be able to have it. I think Netflix originally wanted less than 6 episodes a season.

Speaking of movies, The Mummy and its sequel are on Netflix. ;)

23. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

I watched Finding Forrester last night. I give it a B+.

24. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Avengers Endgame (2019). Enjoyable, I didn’t feel the 3+ hours. Watched it in 3D.

25. RootBeerMan macrumors 65816

RootBeerMan

Watched "Ralph Breaks The Internet". It was just as enjoyable as the first one, maybe more so, since it had numerous references to games and internet things that amused us to no end. And we all loved the Disney Princesses scenes. A very funny family film and worth a watch.

[​IMG]