Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
His strained relationship with his kids, mostly his son was... strained. I did not get the son: just let me go (fight aliens). ;) Throwing the peanut butter sandwich against the kitchen window was a bit excessive when your child tells you she is allergic to peanut butter. Harlan (Tim Robbins) was merely ok.

I stand by the emergence scene and the stealing the van scene, just wow. And the losing the van scene and boarding the ferry scene, along with the flaming train, really made me feel the desperation in the situation.

Haha. I know exactly what scene you’re referring when he throws the piece of bread with the peanut butter against the window. That legitimately made me laugh, because it was such a serious scene mixed with the randomness of such a sudden reflex of frustration. Actually, that’s probably something I would’ve done myself.😁

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
In the que:
1580814309109.png

1580814389882.png

1580814423928.png

1580814475169.png

Sorry for the size of some of these...

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Harriet (2019)- Excellent movie about Harriet Tubman, a former slave who ran to freedom, a conductor on the Underground Railroad, and a Civil War spy, who led a military raid that freed 700 slaves. Movies about slavery reveal the institution‘s evil nature, the hypocracy of living in a country based on human rights and liberty, and this is no exception.

1F871476-4E53-4238-98E7-D7258F126E8B.png

Although there were fictional characters in the movie, the gist of the narrative is considered to be true.

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
Watched the documentary "Quincy" last night about the life of Quincy Jones. He has had an astonishing career. Started in south Chicago at 11 years old, by the time he was 18 he was playing trumpet in the Count Basie Band. Not as much music as I expected, but a lot of life stories. He was 82 when film was made. Watching him promote Michael Jackson and producing the Thriller video was highlight of the film. On Netflix.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The Punisher [2004]
C150B9C9-0F59-473A-87D3-1BB5DE8F5F20.jpeg

I love this movie. I remember when it debuted when I was a junior in high school, I watched this multiple times. Thomas Jane [Frank Castle] Did a really good job. The Punisher is a really dark/sadistic movie about the bitterness of tragedy/death in one persons life and how it transforms you Into something you never envisioned becoming. Aside from that, not also did Thomas Jane get jacked for this movie, but he did a lot of his own stunts.(There’s One particular scene where he smashes through a wall in ‘one take’ that did not include a stunt double.)

If You’re looking for a decent action flick with a bad_azz 1969 Pontiac GTO, 😁 check this one out.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Punisher [2004]
View attachment 892797

I love this movie. I remember when it debuted when I was a junior in high school, I watched this multiple times. Thomas Jane [Frank Castle] Did a really good job. The Punisher is a really dark/sadistic movie about the bitterness of tragedy/death in one persons life and how it transforms you Into something you never envisioned becoming. Aside from that, not also did Thomas Jane get jacked for this movie, but he did a lot of his own stunts.(There’s One particular scene where he smashes through a wall in ‘one take’ that did not include a stunt double.)

If You’re looking for a decent action flick with a bad_azz 1969 Pontiac GTO, ? check this one out.
It’s not perfect, but good enough to be in my personal video library and a favorite. My primary critique is if you were going to blow up a parking lot full of cars, would you actually take the time to shape the charges to make a giant skull that can only be recognized if you were flying overhead?? ;)

I so liked it, I assumed I would not like the Netflix version, but I was wrong!

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Never heard of it, looked it up and it is very interesting that this movie was made during WWII as a post WWII Nuremberg style war crimes trial depiction.

Crazy right?
[automerge]1581005528[/automerge]
Never heard of it, looked it up and it is very interesting that this movie was made during WWII as a post WWII Nuremberg style war crimes trial depiction.

A brutal, for the times especially, film and tragic. And yes it was made about the end of WWII before the war actually ended.

Also a great film.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huntn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.