What percentage of folks will opt for the 8GB version?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gonzlobo, Jun 2, 2007.

?

If you buy an iPhone, which will it be?

1. 4GB

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. 8GB

42 vote(s)
    82.4%
  1. Gonzlobo Suspended

Seems kinda silly to spend $500 on a phone, when an extra C note doubles your memory. I'd guess 80% will go big.

2. jialuolu macrumors regular

Nah, even if I went with the 8 GB model, it still couldn't replace my 5G iPod so why bother

3. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

8GB seems very weak for a "Widescreen iPod" So I think Apple will put it up to something like 15gb and 20gb.. If not I don't think I will be getting one until 2 Generation.

4. fairnymph macrumors 6502

fairnymph

I completely agree.

5. yagran macrumors 6502a

thts what they want you too think :p

6. BayAreaMacFan macrumors member

Me. I got around 3GB of music so with the 8 gigs I can put all of the SNL Celebrity Jeopardy, a few movies, and a couple TV shows that I haven't seen yet.

7. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

I think everyone will, unless they run out of 8GB and the 4GB are the only ones left. Kind of like what happened with both the 360 and PS3.

I'm hoping they surprise us and double it to 8GB and 16GB.

8. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Me, too, but that has me thinking: I've already figured that I can live with 8GB just fine - so... If there were the sizes you mention at the current price points, would I still go for the same size, or the price i had already decided *grits teeth* to pay?

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

well i don't have video on my nano i barely fill up my 2 gig nano :eek:
    My video though is about half-full/empty. For me its more about the internet/email... the ipod part is a bonus

10. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

i'll go with the 4GB. as the other guy said, 8gb wont replace my 30gb ipod video, so why get 8 on the phone? i'll just put the songs i like at the moment on the 4 gb ipod to carry around.

11. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I will not be waiting in line for an iPhone, but if I were, I would definitely go for the 8gb. I tend to hold onto my phones for a while (at least 2 years but probably longer) so I would not want to regret cheaping out half way through my contract even though 8gb doesn't come close to accommodating my music library.

However, I do not believe 80% of people would do the same. I expect most will be stretching for the iPhone as it is, and I bet a bunch of people that buy it probably won't really be able to afford it. $500 is a nice price point and I think they will sell the majority of iPhones at this price to the average consumer.

Every time I go to some electronics store, it kind of pisses me off how cheap NAND flash is going for because I know it costs Apple next to nothing to put it in there. Then again, I own the stock, so it doesn't piss me off that much. ;)

12. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

When I get an unlocked iPhone, I will make sure to get the 8GB version, I've never been one who likes to go for anything but top of the line :p.

13. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Without a doubt, I am going to get the larger model. Just like when I got the PS3, the 20GB model seems very silly.

14. kevinwiz macrumors regular

I'm glad everyone wants the 8gb. more 4gb for those of us that can't afford that extra bill

15. yagran macrumors 6502a

well i have 12gb of music, sooo.... i may aswell just get the 4gb seeing as all music wont fit either way.

16. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

8 gb for me. i have five gigabytes of music, leaving just enough for the os, some pics and a movie or two.

17. iMichael72 macrumors regular

8GB for me. Will I need 8GB's? Not sure, but to me, it's just make sense to double it for $100 more.

18. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

19. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'm getting it....I mean I'm spend that kind of money on a phone, you know I'm not going to cut corner. This way I'll have all my music, music video and a Movie or couple TV shows

20. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

My guess is that when it comes to market, it will wind up being 8GB and 16GB at the original prices.

21. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

Hopefully the capacity will be upgraded but I will opt for the 8gb one.

22. stevehp macrumors 6502

I personally see this going the way of the lower memory PS3 which has now been discontinued...Once your spending that much, you might as well get the biggest and best...if you can afford it.

23. discodave macrumors member

I'd go with the 4GB model as unlike some, I like to keep my phone and music player seperate.

24. yagran macrumors 6502a

if a 16 gb model did come out i would buy it for definate. but i dnt see why it would, apple knew about dropping NAND prices when they gave the announcement so i guess the prices are taking the drop into consideration already.

25. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

I'll be buying the 8 gig (or whatever the biggest version is when they come out). I also have about 20 gigs of music along with a few movies and TV shows. I figure I'll put 2-3 gigs of music, a couple of movies and TV shows on the thing for when I travel or am bored.