Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I'm looking forward to Monday because there is very little we know especially on the software side. No leaked screen shots of anything.

Agreed, that could either be a bad thing whereby nothing much is changing.... Or it could be a good thing meaning we will be nicely surprised. Lets hope its the latter.

Three141

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2016
London
I'm looking forward to this, Apple helped kick Microsoft into shape and I don't want them to fall off the ball for this selfish reason alone.

Knock this one out the park Apple, and I don't want to see anything regarding Pokémon for the love of all that's good no Pokémon.

xflashx

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2016
I just hope they keep the focus on their software and not so much on the new hardware. And I hope they put more features in it than they did last year, because Sierra and iOS 11 were somewhat *boring*.

But like every year, I'm still getting excited :D

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Just remember guys. Apple has a very low tolerance for insubordination. Anyone caught speaking badly about Apple Monday will have all their Apple products confiscated. And you will be forced to use nothing but Android products for a minimum of 1 yr. That is directly from them man up top...

Last edited:
Reactions: Skoal and Dinsdale

Queen6

macrumors G4
What to Expect at WWDC 2017? Disappointment.

Not even going to watch. Will just be more of the same procrastination from Tim & Co. When Apple delivers professorial level hardware that makes sense, then we will think about revisiting Apple.

Awesome, equals a game changer, not a spec bump courtesy of Intel, or a speaker connected to an AI that's dumb as a post. The key word being mediocre...

Q-6

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
You mean disappointment.... for you. Not everybody has that mindset or negativity that needs to entail following WWDC. Others look forward to seeing what new OS will bring to Apples lineup. And more so, it's not just a about Apple, as much as it is the developers. And if any hardware does launch was announced, it's merely a bonus.

Stop it! You're not going to get any cred here with that kind of attitude.

Go back and come up with something more whineworthy; i.e. watchbands, Cook needs to be fired, emoji, etc.

Last edited:

jhudgins

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2016
I really hope there's more to the 10.5" iPP than what's been reported lately. Otherwise seems pretty dull if it's going to keep the same form factor, just a bit taller than the 9.7". I'm guessing iPads won't get the iPhone 8 treatment - OLED, no home button - until 2018. Rounded edges would also be welcomed. The chamfered edges look nice but it's not very comfortable to hold IMO.

Reactions: jordanst

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Agreed, that could either be a bad thing whereby nothing much is changing.... Or it could be a good thing meaning we will be nicely surprised. Lets hope its the latter.
I think Apple is better able to lock down software so it doesn't leak. Also it seems like since Mark Gurman went to Bloomberg he's getting a lot fewer leaks. So either those leaking to him stopped, he's moved on to other things or Bloomberg has a higher standard for publishing leaks than 9to5Mac did.

dantracht

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2013
I still get giddy for Apple keynotes. Looking forward to the new OS debuts, and the siri speaker. The iPad.....eh. I think they've hit a wall with iPads, but that's just me. My Air 2 does quite well for what I use it for, mostly media consumption. As for MBP's, my 10 month old 2015 15" is amazing and makes me quite happy. There's always going to be newer, faster, better.

Enjoy the keynote everyone!

Reactions: polee

lcgarza10

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2008
Houston

Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference kicks off on Monday morning, with a keynote event that starts at 10:00 a.m. This year's event promises to be exciting, because alongside new versions of iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS, there are also rumors suggesting we're going to see several hardware updates.

New Mac notebooks are likely to be unveiled, and there's apparently a 70 percent chance we'll see the much-rumored 10.5-inch iPad Pro and a 50 percent chance Apple will use the event to introduce its Siri speaker, designed to compete with the Amazon Echo.

Check out the video and list below for an extensive overview of what we expect to see introduced at the event.

Software

iOS 11
We've heard little about iOS 11 ahead of its debut, so many of the features in the newest version of iOS will come as a surprise. iOS 11 is expected to feature a redesigned interface, with the first major system-wide design changes since iOS 7, but what it will look like is up in the air.

Apple has been rumored to be working on some major updates to Siri, and the company has purchased several AI and machine learning startups, so it's possible iOS 11 will introduce expanded Siri capabilities.

ios11-800x500.jpg

Rumors have suggested the update will include support for group FaceTime calls for the first time, a feature many have wanted for years, and Apple Music head Jimmy Iovine has said iOS 11 is going to include a new version of the Music app that "better showcases video" as Apple prepares to launch its first original Apple Music TV show, Carpool Karaoke.

I'm looking forward to Monday because there is very little we know especially on the software side. No leaked screen shots of anything.

There are some iOS 11 leaked wallpaper that seems real. One of them is named sparrow
Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: What to Expect at WWDC 2017: Software Updates, Mac Notebook Refresh, New iPad Pro, Siri Speaker Possible
Here you have iOS 11 leaked Wallpaper
[doublepost=1496438264][/doublepost]There are some iOS 11 leaked wallpaper that seems real. One of them is named sparrow

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
Agree. Until a file system of some kind and multiple user accounts are added etc I think the iPad will remain stale

Reactions: Dinsdale

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
Everyone else is saying that everything but the laptops are getting updates next week. It seems like only MacRumors is claiming that only laptops will be updated.

I sure MacRumors is wrong in this instance. I could really use a new iMac.

kemal

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2001
Nebraska
Maybe if they managed to keep iOS 11 and MacOS 10.13 "Oxnard" such a secret, perhaps simple CPU bumps for desktops could happen.

Nah. New warchOS app that will tell the developer when the compile is done.

Reactions: Dinsdale

macryan1

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2009

Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference kicks off on Monday morning, with a keynote event that starts at 10:00 a.m. This year's event promises to be exciting, because alongside new versions of iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS, there are also rumors suggesting we're going to see several hardware updates.

New Mac notebooks are likely to be unveiled, and there's apparently a 70 percent chance we'll see the much-rumored 10.5-inch iPad Pro and a 50 percent chance Apple will use the event to introduce its Siri speaker, designed to compete with the Amazon Echo.

Check out the video and list below for an extensive overview of what we expect to see introduced at the event.

Software

iOS 11
We've heard little about iOS 11 ahead of its debut, so many of the features in the newest version of iOS will come as a surprise. iOS 11 is expected to feature a redesigned interface, with the first major system-wide design changes since iOS 7, but what it will look like is up in the air.

Apple has been rumored to be working on some major updates to Siri, and the company has purchased several AI and machine learning startups, so it's possible iOS 11 will introduce expanded Siri capabilities.

ios11-800x500.jpg

Rumors have suggested the update will include support for group FaceTime calls for the first time, a feature many have wanted for years, and Apple Music head Jimmy Iovine has said iOS 11 is going to include a new version of the Music app that "better showcases video" as Apple prepares to launch its first original Apple Music TV show, Carpool Karaoke.

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: What to Expect at WWDC 2017: Software Updates, Mac Notebook Refresh, New iPad Pro, Siri Speaker Possible
[doublepost=1496439426][/doublepost]New iMac mention would be good...I need a hardware refresh.

Jakexb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2014
It it crazy how few rumors there have been about software this year. I don't know when was the last time there was a WWDC where had absolutely no idea what to expect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.